I have had a sore throat for a week now and I've been a bit tired but I believe it has to do with me staying up til about 3 every night and waking up 11 in the morning.. I've had 4 sexual encounters all of the boys I knew and they said they were clean.. I used a condom (most of the time) but 2 of the 4 boys ejaculated in my mouth and I swallowed some of the cum... Also one of those boys a couple days after having oral with him my throat started to hurt and my glands became swollen...he said he was clean, But I don't know sometimes people have it and don't get checked. Especially the fact he didn't tell me how many girls he had sex with he just said "not many."Well I also have been having some sinus drainage, tiredness, and feeling sluggish like not feeling like doing anything but when I don't think about it it seems to go away (except for sore throat and swollen lymph glands, only in throat) so google gave me a lot of possibilites including hiv which I was never worried about before but now I'm really worried, I have some of the symptoms but not all... Could I have HIV? Or no.. I'm 16 I don't really want to have to tell my mom I need to get tested...

I don't have much to add to what many have said here except that you can drive yourself crazy comparing your symptoms to those listed on the Internet. I realize not everyone has immediate access to Doctors but diagnosing yourself with Google is very counterproductive.

"Do I have swollen lymph nodes?.... Not right now, but give me 5 minutes and they will be".I've been where many here have been. More than once unfortunately.  Believe me, I've always practiced "safer" sex, but sometimes you slip up, or alcohol/drugs interfere with your judgement. I'm certainly not going to judge anyone as I haven't been an angel either.

I remember back in the 90's I was worried about exposure. I worried myself into the hospital fretting about something i couldn't change. In the end, I was negative, but I'd concentrated so much on the idea of being positive, that I ended up getting sick.

The only way to diagnose is to get tested. If you've screwed up and had an unsafe encounter, remember how you feel now and remember that what will be will be... you can't change it. You could cross the street later this afternoon and get hit by a bus.

am a female 23 years old. i had a physical relation with a guy. he had itching on his lower abdomen.we had sex many times but with prote ction and i am sure he was physical with many others too. one day we had unprotected sex it was january 2011. the vary day i got itching on my vagina and some white curd like discharge and it used to burn while urine with an bad odor, i went to see a gynachologist and she said its a fungal infection and she cured me.i was fine in few days, but after a week something came on my lips i guess it was like herpes but i am not sure their was no pain in that, i got some extreme infection in my mouth first time in my life, i was not able to swallow food or water my throat was burning while having food or water. and there was some white patches in my mouth. i went to ENT specialist and he treated me by saying i have infection in tonsils.it was cured in 7 to 8 days. and i was all fine then. after 6 months i got ill badly i had some liver infection i was about to get jaundise.but in some days i was back to healthy. every thing is cured.but whenever the whether gets cold i get that infection in mouth and it get cured itself after 3, 4 days. i had a new boyfriendin 2012 6 months before like we dated for 5 months and we had sex almost every day and that too unprotected. once we had oral sex and after few days he got some retension cyst inside his lower lip as said by doctor. he was asked to get all STD tests including HIV. the result came negative. i am worried that is it possible that i might have any STD or HIV as my early symtoms are somehow related to that. Please suggest me.

_________________

27 and uncertain, had sex with a long time friend for the first time. I knew she had a little history and her taste in men is pretty bad, with the exception of myself of course. Anyways in passing during a conversation she had mention she had caught something. I didn't really inquire because it seems past tense. The night we had sex, we were making out pretty hardcore and I'm imagining that she would said something before hand if she had HIV. During sex the condom slipped and we went raw. A lot of guilt and some minor awkwardness ensued.

Any ways like everyone I started to feel "The symptoms" had chapped lips, flu, fatigue and it hurts to take a poop. I'm thinking all these symtoms are brought upon by the worry of possibly having contracted HIV and believe me I've been ready to kill myself expecting bad news. But it's been about 2 and a half months and I'm going in soon. I am doubtful I have it, this is the only test where negative is good and positive is bad. I can't rule it out, my entire life is veiled by this decision.  If I am positive I am probably going to stick around for 2 year then go live with monks. It what I've always wanted to do. It is truly a lesson that I have learned regardless of the outcome. 

I cannot afford therapy, I plan to legitimately die in 6-10 years. Life seems so much more precious and the importance of your purpose on earth is emphasized by death. I might not even get the chance to see my dream through, but this feeling has given meaning to the stagnation in my life. To all people awaiting result stay strong not matter the outcome, we must go on till the flame doused. 

My guess is like 85 percent of people who post thinking they have HIV, don't, but probably have something a tad more minor. 308,745,538 (2010) people live in the US. ~1.2MILLION people have HIV(including people that don't know estimate.) Unless you're super lucky or unlucky rather chances are you don't have it. .003333333 chance you have it. I'm not knocking the importance of getting tested especially to protect your partners. That is some guilt you could never live down, but anyways just wanted to share.

To anyone looking online for answers, don't bother, you have to be a exceptionally even keeled person to self diagnose without causing a placebo effect. Beside all intelligent post end the same way" Go to your doctor and get tested" so go and get tested.

Although I gotta admit if it is positive, I need to do some more planing, but hey we all gotta die sometime, right?

i am super scared i have been having sex with this guy for 9 or 10 months, stop talking to him for awhile then decided to do my annual check up, doctor said i had tricho took medicine for that then started bruising easily on shoulders and chest area, didnt think much of it because i have low iron and thyroid, then a year went to him now i feel like the tricho came but plus had blisters in thumb, could that be a possible infection. also my skin started breaking out

I started kissing ( only lip kiss not open mouth kiss ) my girlfriend 3-4 months ago. i didn't have sex with anyone even not with my gf. She also told me that she didn't have sex. We don't take drugs. 3 days ago i again kissed her and that time it was deep kissing for 2-3 minutes. I also kissed her several times after first time. And 2 days ago when i woke up i had dry cough, stuffy nose. That afternoon i also had a low grade fever ( around 100 F ). I took cough syrup and paracetamol and the cough and the fever was gone. But the fever was again came back the next day and again the same temperature. The cough wasn't there that time. Today i also have fever and a bit stomach pain ( the pain isn't all the time ). I didn't have cold 4 days ago when i kissed my GF. She also didn't have cold that time. 

I'm very scared now. Is it HIV ?

bro u cannot get hiv through saliva. unless your gf have cold sores in her mouth and there is blood contact while kissing.

I am glad that I ran into this post. My story is similar and trust me when I tell you GET TESTED!

I know this might sound bad to you and whoever is going through this same situation but it is better to know. I had unprotected sex with one person in my whole life and started to experience symptoms a month later. I didnt have insurance at the time plus I wanted this to be as private and anonymous as possible so I searched and found a company that will do the test for you through the mail. Ultimately I didnt have HIV but I did have another STD that I do not want to go into detail about.

Please....please...get tested...it can save your life.

Give these guys a call 

***post is edited by moderator *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had a casual relationship in September 2002, unprotected sex.

I have absolutely no symptoms, never had.

Could I be HIV positive and still have not developed any symptoms or flu all this years? It is 10 and a half years ever since!

Good Luck to all.

i have the same problem as you brother i suffering in side of me dont no if i am hiv positive i had many symtoms started after two weeks and was reading the net alot i dont no if im stressing or i realy have all theses symtoms please help

you are welcome!

Please stay strong don't do anything to hurt yourself. Use this as a way to prevent others from doing the same thing, everyone is not perfect get tested and if the test is positive get all the medical help you need. Just stay strong you still have a purpose in life.

Stop thinking abt hiv and all your symptoms should disappear. It happen to me too n I was hiv neg wen tested. Gud luck.

Hey everyone, i know what you been saying, but my problem is sumgow different.

about a month ago, my frind told me that he was HIV positive. And i was fine with that because both my parents are positive and i ahve accepted them the way they are,so i did and told my friend the same thing.

So here is my problem, after that,i have been checking myself out for any symptoms. and after about a week since he told me,i suddenly felt my hair thining,because i have a very thick hair and i made dreadlocks,then suddenly afterwards i had following symptoms,Fever,dry cough,sow throat,headaches,ichy hair and sculp and occasional night sweats, i went for an antibody HIV test,and tested negative,then i was transfered to TB clinic and also tested negative on all occasions, then i was advices to see the doctor,what worried me was the doctor asked whether i had an HIV test,and i said yes,then he said,"were the results positive?",i said no,he kept writing,then asked me again when did i have an HIV test,i said 11 days ago,then he prescribed me with medication.

Now,the symptoms are still there,and my tongue is sumhow hairy-like white thing on top,and my hair is still continueing to get thinner.

So can any1 tell me what is the problem? Because,i suspect that maybe my friend in fected me so that i can be like him. my hair is thin like his now.

Please help me out because i am going crazy right now.

Regards