hi everybody i know every one who is addicted to painkillers is  struggling to get off of them and its the worst pain to experience i rather go thru labor then to go cold turkey. i've been taking them since 6 years and tried to quit soo many times im trying right now to taper down and it really works the reason i've cant stay clean long enough because my whole family is on them except my husben he use to be on them but not no more and hes very strong minded hes against them he tries to help,me all the time because i have had several overdoses. but because my family and i mean everyone is on them its a mind thing your always gonna think what will one pill feel like when your clean. they have really destroyed my life with my kids i have 4 children and they all know when i take them they dont like me when im on them so i been trying so long to get off of them and what really helps is this try to give a love one you trust that could help you and stay with you at least for 2 weeks give him or her your pills if you have some and have that person taper you off every day shorten by one pill every day and be strong keep bussy try to watch movies and tv take ibu 600mg or 800mg a day nyquil to sleep at night only and benadrls or tylenol pm what really help me was the nyquil try to take plenty off showers and talk to your love one if possible and you will be find after the 3rd day without meds and drink plenty of water but make sure you dont get your hand on pills after you quit because after your clean for so long you always think u could take the same amount you use to take and could die from an over dose thats what happens to me and my husben always finds me and saves me and more important god! so i hope this helps you because its helping me right now by talking to yous out there so god bless and also reading the bible helps alot and praying.

hey have you ever tried to get on suboxon its a good way to kick herion and to get back on your normal meds. im going through the same situation as you, going through several medical problems and have been abusing my meds and eventually led to dope. but i would highly advise you not to get on xanax cause its highly addictive, i would try to get on something less adictive like a low dose of ativan or valium, that works good for me and ive been doing H for like a year and now trying to stop and im on week two, but yeah its going to be hell but try to taper yourself off of it then just go back to your normal narcotic pain meds cause having pain meds will deffinatly help you get off that sh*t

hi my name is scott..been on oxycotton for one year..only took only took one today..have no more and cant get anymore...trying cold turkey in the morning..havent had one since early this morning..im scared..im alone...

i dont know about the hospital, everybody is different. ive been their twice when im at the end of my script. i bring the proof of my meds, treatment, pass the drug test and even bring my own trash can. no help. most docters are instructed not to cater to us in our time of need in hopes that we will not turn back. hell of a way to do it

Im soory but people that tell people they can die from trying to detox of pain medication is not true yes she may feel like it but no you dont die from it think of all the people that get arrested everyday and thrown into jail people that are on drugs , do those people die NO. do you think they get sent to a detox hospital first or be giving suboxone no they have to suck it up and get thro. it some jails will give them something to help( valium ) alil. for 2 or 3 days thats it stop putting false info in her head thats the same thing these rehabs do brain wash , money racket we can do all things in CHRIST ,Amen.

Kratom is Mitragyna speciosa is a large tree in the Rubiaceae family native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malesia floristic regions. It has two major alkaloids that primarily interact with the opioid receptors - so it acts like an opiate. It is legal in the US and can be bought on-line. But be very careful. You can get dependent on it too (personal experience). I just spend two weeks in withdrawal from long term Kratom use. Take it sparingly and you wont get a dependency. Best of luck...I know the hell you are going through.

hi, i am starting a home detox from opiates...as we speak i havent taken anything but 2 percs about half an hour ago to help me sleep because i have a three year old and i need my sleep for her sake, i am desperatly trying to get off this demon drug i want nothing more but to be clean for my daughters sake and my own. i have considered rehab but i dont want to leave her for that long becasue we are so close and i cant go more than an hour without her, i foolishly got addicted to oxys about a year ago and i honestly have no excuse as to way i liked the high and continued to use and now i am stuck in a battle with them i get sick and anxious and they are destroying my life! i really just want to get off of them at home does anyone have any ideas? i saw about in the forum someone was talking about kratom, how would someone buy that in canada? is it legal?

baca,do you know what 8 years are ? you was on 8 years on opiates and know u wanna to go cold turkey !!!? That's insane ! Please ,stop it right now . Take a vicodin or oxy . YES take them or your body will die from the BIG shock. I am 100% sure that u will not make it ,and i'm sure other people here will tell u the same thing i did.

i abused xanax,every benzo and my shrink told me like a demon I forbid you to use xanax,that's forbidden to you ! You said it right , please never ever go on xanax. It is the worst benzo ! The best is valium,and it always will be cause its not that addictive .

any long term use of suboxone you will feel the same if not worse wiyhdraws when quitting, even if you weening! i unfortunantly found out the hard way. i would stay away from it.imho

Ryan...boy I have alot of questions for you...why they won't let you contact people that write in this p[ost ...I have concern about. I'm hoping these are not just stories that someone is writing thinking that maybe they are helping somebody.

I've been going through opiates for over 10 years now and I want to quite even though I sort of know I'll have pain from the injuries I had from yrs ago...the reason why I started taking these things to begin with. I have a few questions on the vitamins, etc you were taking from GNC and Nature's Way. Did you start taking them while you were going through detox or after? Do you think I will be able to wean myself down on taking these pills to slowing eventually stop or is there no such thing? If I am slowly weaning myself off of these things is that when I should use the products you said you got from GNC? I guess too, they were expensive? Nothing is cheap at GNC, right? Where did you get your support from?

We have a County Agency that is a Hospital for Detox and I've heard horror stories and I'm sooo scared to go there. like I know I'll need emotional support and i don't think they give it there. I'm 58 years old and I DO want to get off of these things...I have two boys 14 and 23 that I care very very much about...I want them to be able to look up to me not hide me away because they are ashamed of me...I am ashamed of myself because I trusted my doctor you kept on goiving me more and more and when I told him NO MORE he dropped me like a hot pancake because he said if i couldn't follow his directive he wasn't going to be held responsible for me...He took me from taking vicodin all the way to 80mg of oxy's 4 X's a day! plus roxy's for breakthrough 6 x a day. they should lock him up and throw away the key. PLEASE help...can I do this at home by slowly weaning ,myself down and then using the vitamins and remedies from GNC and Nature's way or should I go and trust a rehab center?

You CANNOT die from this!

Quit lying you won't die

if u have money go get subs or find a suboxine doctor

The best thing you can possibly do to get over withdrawals is EXERCISE. I'm only on day 6, but I have almost zero symptoms of withdrawal, and barely even a craving. I'd tried quitting them a few months ago when I wasn't exercising, and it was unbearable. So I started running in the morning, before I'd take pills. I just forced myself to do it, rewarding myself with a few pills after the workout. I got myself up to 4-5 miles almost every morning, and then started to taper off the pills. Basically, you want to substitute a pill addiction with an exercise addiction. Now I crave that runners high. I wanted nothing more than to wake up and pop a few pills, but I knew that I had to first run a few miles in order to get that reward. Compared to the other times I've tried to quit, when I haven't been running, this time has been a breeze. It's certainly not like there were zero withdrawals, it's still been a b***h getting to day 6, but it's been 10000x easier. Holy c**p these pills are something else! Never imagined it would get to this, and be such a nightmare to get off of.

Other things that definitely helped me:
- Loramide, or however you spell it. Basically anti-diarheal pills you get from CVS OTC. Not sure how much of them is placebo and how much is real relief, but they definitely helped in the first few days.
- Weed. Smoking weed helped ease the withdrawals substantially. Took the edge off the body pain.

Anyway, exercise has been the key to me getting off the pills. Good luck!