Gatorade and bananas, sleeping pills to sleep. Stay hydrated. are you wanting to quit or just can't find anything?

I herd that you can go an all natural route and try to get a body cleansing kit, they sell them at GNC or maybe walmart, CVS, Ect. Use the herb passion flower oil you can also get that at a drug store, its for anxiety, sleep aid, upset stomache and narcotic withdrawl. Just remember there is a light at the end of this tunnel for everyone.

I realize that some of these post go back as far as 2009. There is another drug called Subutex... I was detoxed off of opioids with that. It left me tired as hell but it allowed me to detox comfortably and I only had to take it for about 10 or 11 days. I would much prefer this drug then suboxone. And yes... subutex tastes like sh*t too. 

I highly suggest that anyone that does have medical insurance to find a doctor that will prescribe it. As far as everyone that doesn't have insurance... I would try a Methodone clinic and they might be able to give it to you. 

I hope this helps.

Sincerly,

HC

I HAVE JUST REALIZED I HAVE BECOME ADDICTED TO KLONOPIN(BENZO) AND VICOTIN(OPIATE). I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE ADDICTIVE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE ER CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH. THE SOCIAL WORKER SAID I NEEDED PROFESSIONAL HELP TO START A DETOX PROGRAM THAT WILL BE SAFE FOR ME. SO OFF I GO THIS WEEK TO DO THAT. THERE'S AN OUTREACH/OUTPATIENT PROGRAM HERE IN AUSTIN, TX FOR LOW TO NO INCOME FOLKS. MAYBE YOU CAN FIND ONE TOO. I READ ON A WEBSITE CALLED MORNINGSIDERECOVERY OUT OF CALIFORNIA THAT BENZOS HELP WITH THE ADDICTION OF OPIATES. YOU CAN CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE TO GET REFERRAL INFO. ALSO, I AM TRYING "DAILY DETOX II" FROM WHOLE FOODS TO CLEANSE MY SYSTEM.

THE ER SOCIAL WORKER STATED IT'S BEST TO GET A PROFESSIONAL PLAN TO SUIT YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS AND PERSONALITY.I AM GOING TO AUSTIN TRAVIS COUNTY INTEGRAL CARE, A DETOX PROGRAM AT

***post is edited by moderator *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

. HOPE YOU CAN FIND A SUITABLE PROGRAM THAT IS RIGHY FOR YOU. MAYBE MORNINGSIDE CAN ASSIST YOU WITH FINDING AN OUTREACH PROGRAM IN YOUR AREA. PRIVATE FACILITIES ARE PROBABLY NOT CHEAP. KEEP SEARCHING TILL YOU FIND THE ASSISTANCE YOU NEED.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU SEEKING HELP. I KNOW IT'S HELL!

You are in for more discomfort , possible paranoia and potential short term memory lapse. Additionally re wiring of your brain because your brain no longer is chemically balanced once your intake of opiods are cut whether slowly or cold-turkey. With cold turkey detox everything happens much faster. With weaning off it is harder because your brain will miss the the dosages and will demand them leaving you incapable of weaning. Subtext and the like is the same as opioids to tour brain. Read how your brain is hijacked by opiates on the Internet for the scientific explanation. I'm 9 months sober from 6 years of pain killers nor so and percocettes and this was my story. --a law enforcement officer

What my brother used when he was addicted to OxyContin was DxM which is found OTC but requires a 18+ age requirement. It provides a dissociative effect much like PCP or Ketamine. Try this with low dose of let's say 300mg depending on how much you weigh and tolerance. If that does not provide relief go to your primary physician and have heshe refer you to a detox center or prescription meds to lessen the pain but follow all the direction otherwise this won't help. Good Luck, Dr. Matousek MD - Sorry about being late for your post, but this can help future viewers in the same position as you have suffered with.

we r trying to help our son detox,today will be day one .can someone help get us threw this?????????????

Please help me save my life… I have made a terrible mistake and if you have ever wanted to save a good man’s life now is the time. Please I need no haters or people that think this is funny. If you have the time please read this and get back to me, if you feel any empathy and want to help, thank you.
I am a 52 year old man I own a little company that distributes one item to the military. I made an OK living, but they have not ordered in over one year making my life hell. I have been trying to find other work but it is very hard where I live, so I am moving to a bigger town.
I have worked hard all my life and I have never asked for anything. I am that guy that has always tried to help others, but I need help now. I have really bad arthritis pain over my whole body i.e., lower back, knees, hips and hands. I can barely walk up or down stairs, let alone the fun things like sports.
Unfortunately that is not my problem…I went to my doctor and went through all the antifamotories, inflammation meds on the market: Celebrex, Hydrocortisone , Steroidal and Non-Steroidal the list can go on and on, nothing worked.
That is when I made the worst mistake of my life I started taking pain meds and I did not know that how fast you could become addicted to them, I tried to quit cold turkey but it almost killed me. I spent my last $9,000.00 dollars on a 4day detox. By the time I spent money on flights, hotel room and tests the cost was over $12,000.00. That was all the money I had and it did not work a total waste of money. They gave me a med that was supposed to mask the opiate, but it made me lose my mind, I was psychotic among other things. All I know is, I cant go through opiate withdrawal by myself, I can’t breathe and the pain is too much to handle.
I went to the local hospital to get on a program but it costs $150.00 per visit a week plus $240.00 a week for the meds I can’t even afford that right now. The worst part is it takes months and I have to work . I would ask my family but my mother is sick with all kinds of health problems and my brother is upside down in his house and two girls in college. I have to find a way to get into a detox and fast. If I can find someone that will help me, I would pay them back as fast as possible.
I own 10% of a company that I would give them my stock to the person that helps me as collateral. The company does business with the government and if it was known what I did it would cause all kinds of problems I don’t need right now.
If you have the means to help, please do…I am on my hands and knees willing to live the rest of my life in pain, never wanting to take another painkiller as long as I live. I have a lot to offer the world and all I want is my life back and for helping me get that back; I will always be humble and grateful. I know am asking for a lot, for someone I hope will save my life…I want to live.
I would give you my name and phone number, but I don’t want some ass causing me more grief then I have already done to myself.

***post is edited by moderator *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

All these stories brought me to tears. These opiates and doctors have run a course on the people in un heard of ways.

Not all doctors, but down in Houston all you have to do is say you're back hurts. Its horrible but I did make the choice and the decision not them but I read my prescription and the name of the

doctor is Bacon....XXxxxx. I came to them for Pain managment and help not to be a rat on a f*****g wheel. I have been hooked on opiates Lorcets 10/650's for 8 years now, and When I lost my job...

I started drinking heavily and still do. Not only that I have always had a strong tolerance being a big texas boy, with a

good oil field job that has always provided my fianances. I found another job soon there after but; I am losing everything to the Opiates my truck, all my tools, my

was soon to be wife from childhood, and my family.....My job turns there head at these things so they dont lose me at the company. I have tried 4 times to quit cold turkey...hardest thing I've ever done. I have quit meth and coke and drinking at a young

age and those things could never compare to this. I have tried to stop this for many reasons and it has not been easy...Iam lured

back into the easy way of buying more. But with this website and its help I will try again to get sober, I want this more than anything in my life. I know it wont be easy.

I wish everyone the best of luck! My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. God Bless you.

Richard.

Kratom is a natural leaf which acts as an opiate and binds to your receptors. You must ingest it for it to be most effective and there are many vendors online that you may buy from (I would read the reviews first). Kratom helped me get off of my heroin habit. It didn't kill the withdrawals completely for me, but it made it so much easier to get through. Be careful not to continue kratom for more than a week as it is habit forming and you may withdrawal from it if you prolong your use. The most common way to take kratom is in a capsule form or making tea with it. It can be a real life saver! I have also used it to wean off of suboxone as well. You probably won't get high from it if you have an opiate tolerance already, but many people without opiate history really enjoy its effects. Hope this helps someone! I have a feeling Kratom won't last much longer in the US as a free for all product...so take advantage of it while you can, (before you have to have it prescribed to you), if you're serious about quitting these shitty drugs! I promise life isn't complete sh*t after drugs. You will have your pissy fits and if you need to hate the world for a little bit, then I encourage you to paint your walls black, put on some sunglasses, and turn on some shitty depressing music. Cry it out and then knock it off. ;) The most challenging part of sobriety is trying to "fake it until you make it." Believing that you'll be happy is impossible for most, but the silliest part about it, is that it's true. Your mind will do everything it can to convince you otherwise, but your mind has also been on vacation for wayyy too long and it's pissed because it just found out the parties over, you've been fired from your job, and you're broke as f**k...but guess what? You adjust. You always will, you always are able to, and nobody is ever hopeless. Hopefully everybody understands that I wasn't calling all drugs users broke jobless losers...(though most are headed to be in that category)...my point is, no matter what your situation or how long you've been in the drug game, its time to get the f**k out and love yourself again. Everyone has their ideal life playing in their heads. Happiness comes with overcoming challenges and fear. Sobriety is fearful, but damn does it feel good to conquer. I pray all the time and it has helped me in so many ways that I could never list them all in this little box. I'm never one to push religion upon anyone, but if praying is something you could see yourself doing (or even attempting), pleaseeeeee do it. Do it do it do it. Much love to you all!

My addiction is opiates itself terrible tried get help but don't. Have insurance. What can I do

how is your son doing?

Wow, guess I'm not the only one. No one gets it. And yes it can kill you, seizures kids, they can kill you. I live in a place where even if I went to the ER they wouldn't help me. I have no clue what to do.

Hi Jenn. I was reading and I am going to the er tonight and I have been on 12 30mg a day and I am wondering what to do. I do not know if they would send you home if you come in the er and tell them you want off of them now. I have not started yet but it is around the corner. I have no one at home. Thank you for helping

i was looking myself for ways to make self detox more tollerable, its def not easy, ive been taking pills for 18yrs im better than i was a couple days ago, and i agree it is risky to do without help, i to didnt have the option for the er room, today is the first day ive eatin, throwing up, diarrhea, shakes, chills, sweats, you can take imodium ad for the diarrhea and not heavy eating for a few days clear liquids like chicken broth with a couple crackers and hot teas, some gatorade and water to keep you hydrated, drink room tempature NOT COLD LIQUIDS!!! will only make you throw up more, every time ive tried quitting i went to methadone or a lesser pill, and never get off, but i know i will die if i dont quit, reading everyones post here has helped me, one other thing ive come to realize wether you believe it or not, is trying to keep telling yourself you will get better, dont get me wrong i know i still have a bumpy road ahead but every day that i stay clean is one more alive,