Judge Much do we?!

To everyone on here: this is your issue. You all have an undiagnosed form of diabetes. I call it Type 4 Diabetes or Hygenic Diabetes. This is what it does: When you experience anxiety or stress or low blood sugar, your body burns up all your blood glucose and it signals your brain to burn as much fat and protein as possible to keep you alive. Then you burn too much and get a sugar high and a sudden spike in body temperature-and start sweating major. The thing is, its not normal sweat--its ketone sweat which gets mixed with all that nasty by-product of the fat and protein your body just burnt because your sugars were too low and it gets leaked out of your apocrine glands which are not really sweat glands--they are stressy/fatty toilet bowls and all that garbage gets vented out. There is no cure, there is no research on it, there is diet change, there is no nothing that will fix this. This is all because you have poor control over your blood sugar. Some of you are fat, some are not. Some of you are meat eaters, some are vegetarian. It obviously helps if you are not a meat eater or McDonalds junikie, but the fact is, your body cannot process your blood sugar correctly and you are all hot-blooded and have major temperature spikes and massive blood sugar high's and lows that your body must constantly adjust to keep you alive in a never-ending roller-coaster of hell. There has been many mis-daignosis of this and as far as the medical profession is concerned this is all in your heads. I'm truly sorry, but none of you will ever be able to hold steady jobs or have long-term relationships because this only gets worse.My advice, drop any excess weight you may have, become vegetarian and avoid any and all types of stress and/or anxiety. Drink a protein shake before bed to ward off the sweats and try and get on a diabetes pill like Metformin to help regulate your blood sugars. Also and this is extremely important--avoid the Atkins Diet! For many people who have your condition, its a perfectly fine way to lose weight. For people with type 4 diabetes, like yourself--its a death sentence.

Does it smell like sweaty stinky feet that have been in shoes all day without socks

I have Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease; however, I do not have diabetes yet. The doctors are monitoring me regularly. My urine was the first thing that I noticed that smelled bad. My doctor said either you are dehydrated, or the microscopic blood and protein in your urine is making it smell. Since then I have noticed that my night sweats smell bad and it has really bothered me, but I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Also, I do work full time and plan on working until I can't. I just take daily showers and wash my bed clothes and pajamas daily. For those who have not gone to your doctors about this...I would suggest keeping your doctors posted on anything like this. There is usually a medical reason such things occur and live your life to the fullest!!! :)

Hi, im 27yr old female and have suffered with night sweats for years and they dont smell instantly but after a couple of days the sheets smell sooooo bad, kind of like ammonia / urine! Iv been back and fore the doctors with no abnormal results on anything! So this year i went on holidays and i thought it would be awfull but i was fine! I think it was down to the fact they had no quilts only sheets. So when i came back i slept under a thin throw that was on my bes and slept under that instead of the quilt. And it worked! Its not perfect every single night but its a 90% improvement! Also before i moved house to the one im living in now i slept in my bfs mums house. I didnt have 1 sweat so i really think some night sweats may be down to temperature and not organ problems (but please go to the doctors first before just getting a blanket.. I may be wrong!) hope this helps :-)

Im not over weight at all, i try to eat as healthy as i can and im 5 months pregnant so i havnt drank in that time. Iv had these night sweats for years and somtimes i get very low and shakey, to the point i neally colapse but this was usually after a bottle of lucozade or energy drink. Which i dont drink anymore at all. Now im getting low after a small sugar intake (i thought ud get low after lack of sugar). Iv been to the docs to say about being low after sugar but they told me theyre not concerned so they wont do any tests! Everytime i feel it coming on i eat an apple or pasta to counter act it. Are my night sweats and feeling low the way i do after sugar connected?

I appreciate your post however, I think you are really quick to diagnose other people about what they can and can't do...I have had this problem for over 10 years and have been married for over 17 years, and I work and go to school for nursing...Any condition..especially something like this is only going to limit someone as much as they let it.

Did any of you have your appendix taken out earlier in life??

i did have my appendix taken out when i was younger !

does that make a difference ?

The smell you're smelling is ketones. When the body has too many toxins, or an abnormal insulin level your body cannot effecively burn sugars and other electrolytes to make energy, so glucose builds up in your blood stream and burns off fat creating keytones (one of the reasons people with a fever for a long period of time lose weight, and one of the reasons some obese diabetics smell unpleasant and have to be perscribed medical deodorant). This can be attributed to the fever, or to issues with diabetes. Some of the symptoms are a strong odor in your sweat, feeling lightheaded or weak and hypoglycemia (hypoglycemia is not a disease in and of itself, but rather a symptom of some other disease or imbalance. If you deal with hypoglycemia, don't simply manage it. Find out what sickness is causing it). A keytone build up in your system can make you very sick (or worse), so when you get sick from something such as the flu, which throws off your body's natural order, you need to take in as much water (and electrolytes) as you can to try and regulate your system. Keytones are one of the reasons we develop fevers (our body is heating up in order to make us sweat, and urinate in order to try and flush the keytones). Fevers are actually a good thing (as long as they aren't allowed to go on too long). They are our bodies way of fighting off some invader.

Drink lots of water (and replace electrolytes with something like gatorade). I can not stress the electrolyte issue enough. I do Search and Rescue in Death Valley and people can and do died from replacing water but not replacing salts and sugars (Google: Hyponatremia). When i find someone lost and dehydrated, they always smell like they haven't bathed in months due to the keytone build up in their system.

Forgive all the parentheticals.

I would like to add: There is no such thing as "type 4 diabetes". While that post had some basic medical science to it, it is based as much on opinion and personal world views as it is medicine. ALL people (be they diabetic or not) have to regulate blood sugars and insulin levels. Some people just need extra medicine to do so. jumping automatically to the conclusion that it is diabetes is bending facts to match a "desired conclusion", not basing a conclusion on known facts. there is obviously some imbalance causing the issue. Blindly assuming that you can give a diagnosis because of your opinion on what food and/or lifestyle you believe is healthy or not is NOT how the medical world works. The outlying physical symptom indicator is odor, the cause of that physical symptom indicator is keytones, but keytones is the actual symptom. Possibly of diabetes, but also of about 1500 other conditions. The reason medical professionals do all those broad tests is to avoid speculative reasoning and to let the results speak for themselves, rather than assuming a disease and pushing the facts to match their case.

FYI. 5 years SAR and 10 years as a SF Medical SGT (the military equivalent of a nurse practitioner)

Sorry for the typos. I don't know why my phone keeps adding a "y" to Ketones. Obviously it thought I meant like piano key tones. I was trying to catch it, but did a horrible job on both posts.

Learn to fall asleep at colder temperatures the smell is who you are the sweat can be avoided

Night sweats affect all age of men, women and children. There are many reason behind night sweating. It take several tests to obtain main reason behind night sweating.

I have read every post and none of the posters experience quite matches mine. A few times a year I will wake up with the bed sheets soaked through. In my case though, there is no strong smell and it only happens after I have been drinking heavily.