I just read this and I think you are a massive c*nt

I'm in the same boat as you. We had to buy a new mattress and I bought a waterproof mattress pad. He soaks the bed almost every night, the resulting wet spot is smelly with yellowish stains. He thinks he needs to wrap himself in a blanket at night which I think contributes to the sweating (which isn't a bother to him but the smell is to me), the smell is new and akin to a dead animal and other times strongly acidic, either way I find it a sickening smell.

He's lean, eats healthy yet late in the evening, smokes, drinks beer regularly and takes Trandolapril for high blood pressure. I'm going to try to figure out how I can stop the odour. Any helpful feedback will be appreciated. Good luck to everyone trying to sort this out.

I would look more to chronic viruses, bacterial infections, parasites, yeast, heavy metal toxicities or something to do with your liver working too hard.

I am a 42yo male and I am an a big guy. For the past couple of years I've had terrible night sweats and bad smelling sheets pillows and night clothes in the morning. I recently had a sleep study and was prescribed a CPAP machine for therapy. After the first week, my night sweats are gone and what little sweat there is does not have the smell it did have.

Sleep Apnea can result in many of the symptoms that are mentioned here. I would highly recommend that you ask your doctor for a sleep study if the symptoms persist and there is no other diagnosis. It has really helped in my case. I was skeptical and put it off for years and now I'm sorry I did. Please look into it sooner rather than later.

Thank you for this post. My doctors have not been of use and your comments fit with my evaluations. Stress in my life defiantly brings this on and I have sugar in tea/ coffee/ chocolate drinks. Your suggestions are very helpful too.

Are you a Dr.?

Hello everyone, If you have stinky nite sweats then there is a really good chance you have lyme disease.its a small fever from your body fighting the disease and getting rid of toxins afterward

I think that is called urine.

Night sweats and fevers sound like tuberculosis

Im the exact same 26 and female it only started about six months ago and is getting worse the smell is very unnerving and i feel the same that something sickly is removing itself from my body. My bed is soaked most nights but the smell is getting much worse its horribly

... I'm a 27 year old woman... weigh 135 and this is happening to me. The smell when it first started was so weird. Not like the usual body odor. I likened it to a sweaty bandaid. I thought maybe my dog had a bad sweat gland. But. I sweat basically every night. My mattress pad is stained from it. I am on birth control and medication for anxiety. And have been told it could be a hormonal change. From what I understand I am in good health. But this is both incredibly embarrassing and concerning. Why is it starting suddenly after being on the same medication and birth control? I havn't checked in with a doctor because I don't have insurance any longer. So. I've just been suffering through it.

I had this a while ago and I figured it was worse after a drinking night or after a day where I had many sweet treats. After investigating a little, I found some theories supporting my theory of sugar related sweat smell. My personal solution has been cleaning up my eating habits, drink plenty water and chlorophyll which naturally controls odors.

Beware brucellosis, which can cause profuse night sweating with a characteristic sickly sweet but foul odor, sometimes compared to mouldy hay. It's almost pathognomonic of the infection. Consider this particularly if the sufferer has livestock exposure or a history of consumption of unpasteurised dairy products, especially from goats.
I'm a doctor, though not an infectious diseases specialist.

My husband sweats several times a week and its vinegary, sour smell. Our whole bedroom smells, and its burns my throat. Today I decided to google, and I see I am not alone. He never used to smell this way or sweat so much. We eat very clean, no wheat, no sugar. So far I have seen no definite answer. Im going to contact my naturopath. Very interesting thread.