Has she ever been tested for lymphoma

Lymphoma, TB and others are a possibility with drenching night sweats, as are a few other conditions, but it's the unusual malodorous aspect that makes me think of brucellosis. TB is generally (though not always) associated with chest symptoms, and lymphoma with enlarged lymph nodes (can occur in many other conditions. Easy enough to get Brucella serology done to rule out a readily treatable but highly symptomatic condition. Greatly underdiagnosed, I suspect. In any case, I wouldn't ignore severe night sweats. An infectious disease specialist would be a good first referral. Note though that mild night sweats are often not serious.

I'm 33 yr old female. I have always had night sweats since like high school. It has never been this nd. I wake up and change clothes in middle of night. Eke up shaking from being freezing cold and dropping wet. I drink a lot of coffee. I tried cutting down , was not that. I have spent a lot in medical bills. I have always sweat from under arms (hyperhidrosis). Went to a oncologist and No cancer. Very low iron levelsm. Now taking iron, and its worse so that's not it. She recommended rheumatologist to test auto immune diseases.
I do take Zoloft.. I heard one side effect is this.

I'm laying in bed right now at 5am California time unable to sleep because my girlfriend is sweating like mad and it stinks like rotting flesh, or some cheap meat product. Oddly, the closest thing I can relate the smell to is a cheap McDonald's hamburger - the sickly sweet smell of onions and gross fatty low-quality beef, only 1000 times stronger.

She is extremely stubborn and refuses to either see a doctor or try out any possible solution, so I have no answers. I believe she has what was described here (and other places) as a form of diabetes - no not typical type 1 or 2 diabetes, but blood sugar spikes and crashes that cause ketones to be released in her sweat at night. For many years, she drank those disgusting energy drinks that are absolutely terrible for your health, along with sugary soft drinks and what we call in the US "juice cocktails," which are just 10% juice mixed with high fructose corn syrup and water. They are all absolutely terrible for your body.

She is ridiculously stubborn. After about two years of me goading her on, she stopped drinking energy drinks and sugary soft drinks and switched to 100% fruit juice, which is better than 10% juice cocktail with mad sugar in it, but still not a healthy habit. I think her blood sugar drops at night because she doesn't eat enough healthy complex carbs and instead gets too many simple starches and sugars. Then her body "panics" and starts burning fats and proteins, which makes her night sweats stink horribly. They are so bad they wake me up at night sometimes (like now) and I cannot sleep afterwards, because I feel sick to my stomach smelling her.

I wish she would stop all the juice drinks, and stop Coke/Sprite etc completely (she claims she can have a "cheat day" every once in a while - but those cheat days happen two or three times a week because she's so stubborn).

She also takes too much honey in her daily green tea, and has on a few occasions given herself a case of the shakes after taking in too much sugar all at once. One morning she ate a processed prepackaged bowl of "all natural" oats (all natural means nothing according to the US food regulators - it's just a marketing gimic) that had 36g of sugar, then had a tea with honey and four packs of sugar. An hour later she called me in a panic because she felt faint and nauseous and her hands were trembling. I was like "hey stubborn person! It's all that sugar you just ate!"

About the idea of "type 4 diabetes," no it is not a medically defined condition, and no medical doctor would be willing to diagnose you with it, but that does not mean the symptoms are not real. Think about this - it sometimes takes the medical field years or even decades to diagnose something. AIDS and HIV took years to connect. Heart disease is now being related to viral infections more than cholesterol, and most doctors currently don't believe candida can cause medical conditions. My point is, just because your neighborhood doctor hasn't heard of some condition affecting your life doesn't mean it's not real.

And to those of you who scoff at the idea that this cannot or should not affect your life or job or relationships, I can say yes, it does. It affects your partner who shares your bed and wishes you would listen to him and be willing to try something to solve or mitigate the disgusting smelly night sweats. So YOU may not know it, but I can tell you that YES, your smelly night sweats are in fact affecting your love life. I know stubbornness is not a factor for everyone posting here, but it is for my girlfriend and it drives me insane.

My suggestion is that you get bloodwork done by a doctor to check for low/high blood sugar, or poor insulin response and for micro nutrients in the blood. You may be deficient in magnesium or calcium. Also try eating a healthy protein + fiber bar before bed, drinking more water and removing all or most sugars and simple starches from your diet.

Metformin is Poison

Metformin is Posion

For anyone that may still be reading this website, I would have nigh sweats and my running clothes would stink! My wife was always complaining.

I had been a one-a-day Monster Energy drink (drinker) for years. I had quit in the past, but did not really notice.

I did two things. Took off the large blanket we were using and quit with the Monsters. I think I am done for good. My wife opened one the other day and I had a few sips, but that was about it.

I am 48 years old and have moderately high blood pressure in the medium category. I take Hydrochlorothiazide to bring it back down to normal levels. Also my cholesterol has been creeping up too. Neither of these are in my family history. Lastly, last year my blood work came back and showed I was pre-diabetic, which is also not in my family.

For years, everyone would say, "those are going to kill you" and I was like what? I only drink 1 can per day. But I am done with them. I like the high caffeine and artificial sugar buzz, but at my age, I need to start thinking smartly about what I am putting in my body.

In a few months I will go in for my annual checkup and excited to see what coming off of Monsters have done for me.

I hope this helps someone else out. Good luck

I like this answer, before my car accident 2 years ago i was very active and ate very healthy. Never ate meat, very little dairy, never drank anything with sugar in it. Since my accident i found i can't eat as healthy because i can't afford what i once could, so my health has been suffering for about a year now and after my second surgery i developed night sweats with a irony smell and shirt soaked when i wake up. Don't have a fever and i feel fine. Although i over hydrated when i started fasting last month with distilled water and 0 eloctolytes in ny body and haven't quit felt right since even now i drink an equal amount of cocnut water to distilled.

Me. Please let me kno..

I know this is an old forum, but it was the one that popped up when I googled "sour smelling sweat" as my partner suffers with this- and I'm lying on the bed that I completely washed yesterday, and he showered before getting in to bed last night, but this morning it absolutely reeks of 'that' smell. Lots of interesting stories on here, but your post lee_evs piqued my interest as I've suffered with this oddness since I was about 10. If I have anything vaguely sugary, 20 mins later my blood sugar plummets to dangerously low levels (when I was nursing I would occasionally test my BM if I got Shakey and sweaty) I too told the doc about it and was laughed off, and have never found any explanation or answer for it. I have controlled it for over 20 yrs with diet- particular triggers are cereal/flapjack type bars and sugary drinks, so avoid these at all costs!
Would love to know if anyone has any ideas on this, though I think on such an old thread I am just whittering to myself in cyberspace!

I totally feel you're pain! My husband is the same and I have to change the sheets daily!

The doctors told me mine was lack of vitamin D so i got some vitamin D tabs and i take one every day with a meal and its been alot better i also shave every bit of hair that dont need to be there off my body and it works but just incase i use a seperate kwilt to my partner

Which is my biggest fear because we've gone to the Dr. And the Dr. Didn't really examine my husband but, he did do some lab work on my husband and said it was all normal. My husband constantly complains of stomach hurting and he has lost a lot of weight in which he's always been thin. At this point we don't know what to do to confirm it's Not cancer for certain.
Thanks for sharing your story and sorry about your child.

Nights sweats are a common symptom of lymphoma. Get yourself checked out.

You've pissed the bed