If you take anti-anything, anti depression meds, anti-angsity meds that may be your cause.  the antidepressiant i take makes me sweat golfball size drops of sweat even when i am sleeping. also if you have cancer or are on chemo that will cause you your body and fluids to smell bad. high blood glucose will make your sweat and urine smell bad. have a bottle of water by you bed and drink some every time you wake up at night. good luck. PS- Doctors don't care so don't bother with asking them.

so ur saying water ?

I have had this happen several times and it lasts a week or two. The oder is almost metallic at times. It always happens when I'm feeling really sick and fatiqued. dizziness, nausea, and no energy at all.

Sorry for misspell odor last post.  The other thing is feeling dehydrated constantly. I am actually underweight instead of overweight. Very uncomfortable situation.

i have the same problem ,but my doctor has told me its my bodys way of getting rid of harmfull toxins from my body, i suffer with a cronic lung condition, and antibiotics do help.

I have the same problem and it was been pinpointed to my blood sugar, it is a sickly sweet smell and sometimes depending on the shirt I am wearing it looks like someone poured bleach around my neck. I eat a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter at night before bed and it seems to help

I'm glad that others who have this problem are posting a few good tips, but sheesh does anybody actually know the answer???

What type of cancer did she have? What tests did they run to find it? Thanks

I have the same problem and im a 16 year old male, it hasn't been a long going thing but it is annoying to every morning wake up to a bad smell. It may be a urea (the stuff that makes urine yellow) issue and can be fixed with drinking more water to decrease the amount of urea sweated out each night, it will also make your urination seem more clear so thats how you can tell if its working. I have been doing it and it has worked out for a week or so, I dont drink or smoke or take meds of any kind. Hope this helps any of you as well

You are wrong... not everyone has diabetes just because of night sweats!
I also used to get night sweats. I had them for 6 years, but only in the spring and fall. My regular sweat from working or being in the warm sun, doesn't smell... but the night sweats smell very different and foul.
I no longer have night sweats, I don't know why.
However you are very misinformed.... diabetes may cause night sweats but not everyone who has night sweats has diabetes. I do NOT have diabetes. I have had a urine, blood and saliva tests... there is nothing wrong with me. However I found out I am peri menopausal... but I don't believe that caused 6 years of sweating, as I am just now 42, I'm sure I wasn't peri menopausal 6 years ago when I was 36. I am not overweight, I am healthy. I was eating cleaner than most people throughout 4 years of the 6, as I was doing lightweight bodybuilding. However the night sweats started prior to getting into bodybuilding.

no i havent

My boyfriend is going through this too. It doesn't happen every single night, but often. Sometimes he's soaked, other times a lighter perspiration. He has two distinct sweat smells after an episode.One vinegar like,or the other is a rancid buttery smell. (Today, rancid butter). Some nights he stays dry and smells okay, or not. He's a smoker, thin, only eats one meal a day(unhealthy food), drinks soda, hardly any water. Just recently I've started forcing vitamins on him.He also is takig meds for high blood pressure. I have no idea whats causing this.

hope you find an answer,

from:  perplexed sheet changer woma

did you have any other symptoms

My husband have the same problem but he has a really bad sleep apnea condition. He suffer for over 10 years. He's very stubborn. Lately his sweats start to smelly like dead meat. His doctor did say that since he suffer from 10 years of sleep apnea his organs staring to deteriorate he needs to make a life change. Even though he changed his lifestyle it's not a cure for sleep apnea. It will only minimize the condition.

My husband suffers from strange smelling sweat only at night time but it never smells the same. It seems to always be worse when he's eaten strong smelling food or salty food. It's like his body has lost the ability to break down or absorb whatever toxins control what make the food smell. But that doesn't explain why it happens when he eats salty food. It seems to be getting worse and happening with more foods. The problem is, I have a really sensitive sense of smell due to a long term illness so I'm not sure if the problem he has is bad or if it's me being extra sensitive. Whatever is going on, the smells wake me up. If anyone else has heard of this or has an idea of what it might be that would be great.