I just recently had a huge looking bump about as big around as a nickel. I did some research and I found that this website was really helpful. http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/hidradenitis-suppurativa-hs There are so many things that can cause this.

I have had the same problem for many years, been to the dr, and took antibiotics, all that and all i can say is that it only works for a while and then they return. So i started to do some research and i learned  that it's a bacteria that feeds on sugar, so i slowed down on the sugar and the out breaks weren't as current. Also when i get a boil i just put salt water on a warm steralized cloth an let it set there and repeat. There is no cure for this only copeing with it, and doing what you can to be confortable.Hope this helps because as i said earlier i have suffered with this for years and never found out how to get rid of it permenantly, also there is a anti bacterial soap that you can buy from your local pharmacy, it smell but it helps kill wide spectrum bacteria on the skin.

Please inform why the boils appear when it's a week to recieve the periods. I have the same problem too. Awaiting your advice.

.these things do suck, and there isn't much you can do. Why we get them before our period i am not sure. but maybe you should ask your doctor for a reason.My dr said that he doesn't know why but he just gives me more antibiotics and said don't scratch it because it has bacteria in it, and it get under your fingernails thats what makes you have more than one.Also he wanted me to get tested for mrsa to make sure that it wasn't staph, because if your immune system is weak you will have reoccuring breakouts, because the germ is still in your system.The only reason i know is because i have the same problem, and my husband too, so we have taken precautions to lessen the breakouts without takeing antibiotics.

I have the same issue. I put tea tree oil on it and the surrounding area. I hope it works...it does for other stuff (mosquito bites, nail fungus...).

BPX from the health food stor detoxifies the blood it has helped me with the boils I used to get 4 or 5 at a time n had them at all times not any more i just take it bout once every few yrs when they start commin back!!!!

For some reason every month around the time that my period comes I get a boil or two on my vagina. I am not sure when this started to occur. At first I would mistake it for hair bumps because of shaving but then it started happening every single month. My doctor isn't sure what causes it. All I know is that they are no fun! They hurt and I feel really uncomfortable. It will show up maybe a day or two before my period and go away about a day or two after my cycle is over. I really hope I can figure out what is causing it and how I can stop it.

Take a photo to show your Dr. I could never get an optionment timed right soo I took a photo may sound odd but the Dr could see how much pain I'm in with boils. I do get them in the inner thigh and tbh they don't bother me I get them under the Brest and they hurt like hell. I've had no real reason or answer its been 5 yrs plus I've tried change of diet anti biotics once a months for the pass 6 months but nothing drs keep saying I will build a amenity to the anti biotics yet keep uming n ahing if they will send me to a ski. Dr. They say its the same bacteria as ache but they are confused as to why its only one on ether of my Brest. I have even said give me a Brest reduction if it will help, I get flu like symptoms on top. They ether come just before during or tail end of my monthly. I'm frustrated glad I'm not alonebut completelly frustrated. I'm not massively over weight I do some but they started when I had quite for two years and even the Dr has said he doesn't think that's the cause. I'm starting to give up hope again and like other I get pain before they show a feaver too. Surelly something like a boil in today's world can be treated or at lest have an answer for it. Grrrrr anyone who has them under there breast please let me know coz I'm the only one I know.

I also get boils on my panty line.  It gets very painful at times it feels as though it hurts the muscle on my inner leg.  When I get breakouts I use a bread poutice on it seems to make it pop very fast. Thank God!

ITS REALLY HELPFUL TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM THANKS YOU GUYS :):-|

APPLY A WARM WASH CLOTH

i think it has something to do with the pads. I use pads as well and get them right after my period.

I only had it twice and the second time i used a little tea tree oil on it and it cleared up quite quickly. Since then I have not had a period as I appear to now be on the change. So hopefully no more boils. Good luck girls!!

OMG! I actually found other women with the same problem. Let me be the one to add another twist on this subject. I suffer from the same exact symptoms.......it's located about two-three inches away from the labia exactly where my panty line sits! Talk about uncomfortable when it flares up. Like yours, mine just swells, becomes very painful especially because of location, and then just goes down leaving a purplish, ugly blemish. I've never noticed hairs in it so it's not an ingrown hair, or infection of a hair follicle, and certainly not due to hygiene (in my case). I can also say that my diet is a pretty good one as I am health conscious. I recently had two major surgeries in the space of six months, one being a partial hysterectomy. No one has addressed my issue so I'm left to ponder if it is related to my cycle even though I don't bleed anymore I still have all the wonderful hormones and/or I picked up an infection during one or both of my surgeries!!!!!! I will also have to do the same as some of the other women here and gauge whether or not it appears with my cycle. However, even if it does, why is it just happening now and how do you stop it from recurring............... Very, very frustrating.......makes me feel like something is seriously wrong and dirty. P.S. these "boils" are sometimes referred to as furncles. That may help a little in your research.

Well, I believe I have something to add. All MY conscious life, I have had boils appear on my underwear line. My mother said it was because I was overweight. Now that I am 49 I have the experience that this should be studied.

About 5 days b4 my period I would get a boil either in one of my armpits, or buttock. It would burst almost always the day before my period. They were all painful, and very regular. If the boil burst it meant period the next day.

Over the years the armpits have stopped, but before it would be armpits and buttock. AND, the strange part is if I got a boil on one side another would appear in the same spot on the other side the next day. In other words, if a boil would appear on one buttock cheek one day, the next day a boil would appear on the other side in the SAME SPOT. This was happening in the armpit area too. When the original boil would burst, the other would go away. If the Doc's think it is a Staph spread, wrong. How does one armpit spread to the other in the exact same exact spot. 

I was so hoping that 18 years ago after the birth of my daughter, these would stop. Not to be. After my partial hysterectomy 4 years ago I had hoped they would stop. Not to be. Now they are only in my pubic area growing to be golf ball sized, but not every month. When they burst it is AN embarrassing smell and can oooze on most of the front of my panties.

I have had success with wearing "Boy Shorts" but not always. At least now it is not every month, but they have gotten bigger. Antibiotics do not work. I use antibacterial body wash and hand sanitizer in the area every chance I get!

I wish all well, and hope some day a firm diagnosis to this problem can be made.