i have a lump on my INNER thigh and it hurts

the top was purpleish and it wont pop ar anything

:-(

Please wait for it to come to a head before you try to pop it. If it doesn't come to a head in a week, try seeing a dermatologist about it to get it lanced, okay?

Hey folks, just read through the whole thread and wanted to give my input. I have been getting horrible cysts in my thighs for more than five years now. I have not noticed clothing affecting it, but it definetly happens like clockwork when i smoke cigarettes. I quit smoking cigarettes daily about two years ago and it drastically reduced the frequency. But what helped the MOST was being prescribed Acutane by my derm. I suggested HS to her, and she was reluctant to diagnose because it was so rare and she believed i had to have more in my armpits to qualify as HS. However she prescribed acutane anyway, and though it is an intense, involved medication to be on - it kept the cysts away 100% while I was on it (was not allowed to be on it for more than 12 months at once). Seriously, this is the only medication that will clear this problem and keep it away, see your derm!

Just FYI, although Acutane may have cured this problem for some, PLEASE beware of taking this medicine. Acutane is one of the most toxic and dangerous prescription meds out there and can cause long term liver/kidney damage. I know countless people who are still experiencing chronic health issues ten years after being on Acutane. This medicine should be illegal in the USA as it is in many other countries.

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Hi I'm pretty young and just started these things about a year ago. Most of them I just pop on my own. But I always get so many. The worst part is that they leave a deep purple scar or something? Any suggestions for that?

Hi!!
I know what u mean, I have a scar on my upper thigh by my hip that is absolutely disgusting. Let me know if u found out anything about how to get it to go away.

Just a FYI for the scaring, when i was a teen i ot huge cysts on my face, about four of them and one on my eye. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me cortizone shots in each cyst, it was a couple of shots in each one, but they went down, they were pretty much just scars by that point, i had had them a while, and they had been popped and sqweezed, so they were really purple and red and blue scars, but since the cortizone shots you can barley see them, only one you can see the scar from the opening but its like a pinwhole. So I suggest going to the derm and getting the shots.

I have been getting these exact things for 10 years. The glands aren't draining properly, and you need more essential oils in your diet. The best way to get them are to take fish oil supplements. I take around 5-6 grams per day. Also, exfoliate the area very well in the shower to promote draining of the glands better. They should clear up. NEVER pop them, it causes scarring and could lead to infection. Just put a bandaide on with neosporin. Change the bandage frequently. It will go away. When drying off after your shower use a towel and rub the area well so it knocks off all the dead cells.

You should be better in a few months. If you have scarring those will lighten up eventually. You will have to take the fish oil every day for the rest of your life. You can adjust the amount to suit you. If you aren't taking enough your symptoms will return, and you will go back up to your dose you will need for life.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

:-( sounds to me like you all have what i have. These Cyst like lumps that leak blood and pus but never fully "pop" and leave a purple scar or purple mark after will more than likely be Hidradenitis Suppuritiva or HS as many people call it. if you google this you will find alot of helpful information on it. I have been suffering with it for around 7 years and have only found out in the past month what it is. I have done alot of research in the past month and come up with a few things that have been proven to help other sufferers, which i am yet to give a try. The first of which is a Dairy free diet... Apparentely Dairy products especailly cows milk can make these lumps (skin lessions) occur, so substituting cows milk with Soy milk and ice cream with flavoured sorbet can help improve the suffering. Also a gluten free diet has been noted to improve the condition, many saying that after cutting out gluten from their diet they had little or no lumps appear for a while. Another thing is to increase your intake of Zinc and Vitamin A. Obesity and smoking can also be a cause of this. The lumps are usually found between the inner thighs, around the groinal area, under armpits, stomach (around the waistband from clothes) and breasts.

I myself usually get atleast one or two lumps every month, only arround the inner thighs but these are extremelly painful and become an annoyance when walking. I have decided to find all the advice i can get on this and give it ago, not only because of the pain but because of the unsightly scars they leave afterwards.

Hope this has helped some of you, i know it has helped me finally knowing what is wrong with me so i can do something about it. This is something that doctors usually misdiagnose so researching yourself is always a good starting point.

Thanks for reading.

Hi guys! This is a sebaceous cyst. I live in OKlahoma and the humidity gets pretty gnarly here. 94% on a good day. Anywho I sweat a lot and am on my feat for sometimes 10 hrs a day. I got one recently and got really concerned. My doctor told me it isa sebaceous cyst and that we should drain it (rather she should) and see if it goes away on its own. She gave me some antibiotics because she says if it gets to the point to where it hurts it is infected. If it is on your inner thigh put lots of gauze with antibiotic creme and a big bandaide to cover it up. Letting more sweat get into it is only gonna make it worse. Wash it 3 times a day and then after each time apply a warm washcloth to it (make sure when you touch it you wear gloves so you dont get any foreign bacteria in it) u should apply the warm washcloth for about 30 minutes. When you can let it breath a little (btw i would shave before u apply the bandaide lots of hairs down there..ouch!) hope this helps!

what i have seen with these purple scars is they will stay with you for along time for what i have seen on my self. The cyst usually accur when i sweat or get very hot in my inner thighs. THese things really hurt when I move. I noticed that when i take showers as soon as i can they tend to stay away. So i believe they have to do with are hygine. stayu clean and they stay away

Okay, i just noticed this a few days ago, but on my left inner thigh i have this large lump thats REALLY painful. and its really hard. I've had one before, but i haven't seen it this big, bout the size of two quarters put together.I was told to put ice on it to lower the inflammatory, but its not working. what should i do? Please email me back, i need some answers on how to treat this, because im too scared to tell my dad about it. Thank you. :-(

each of you should look into wheat and or gluten intolerance ive been allergic to wheat all my life and didnt find out until i was 16 i used to get these all the time but when i eliminated gluten from my diet they stopped get yourself tested for intolerance

I tried to lance it but only cut my skin open to find a yellowish meat with no nerve endings that i could move and not feel. when i tried to squeez it blood and a small amount of of clear fluid came out from around it. I even stuck it to see if puss would come out of it, and nothing came out. i cant afford a doctor, thats why I cut myself open to lance my own boil and i found that thing. The jeans were killing me, gauze medical tape and an ace bandage helped! I'm 30 and this is my first one.

i have had a recurring one on my thigh too , but do you guys also have like a black speck in the middle of it , i notice that even when it heals it leaves a purple scar and the black speck remains??? is that normal

i am 33 yrs old and have dealt with these a few times over the years. the last 2 years i have gained about 40 lbs. i do a lot of walking at my job, and 2 things seem to be bringing this on. first, my thighs rub together all the time when they never did before, which irritates the lump when i am trying to work, and the more i walk, the worse it gets. second, it always comes out when i have my period for some reason. its not an ingrown hair, there is no head and it seems really deep in my thigh. its so odd. and painful. i will try the hot compresses. i have no insurance, so i dont want to go to the dr unless it gets worse. i hope if i lose weight it will help. also, they have always gone away on their own without me doing anything but wonder what the heck is going on, and i remember havn them a few times in my underarm area when i was a teenager and they went away on their own. i have also had a cyst on my tailbone that came back twice over ten years ago. whatever they are, they hurt and they are about the size of a large marble. glad i am not alone. i wish you all the best :-)

hard lump feeling thing by bikini line.. i dont know what it is.. im a cheerleader so i thought that had something to do with it.. but it hurts sometimes.. any ideas what it is?