I am 29 and have had Cyst since I was 16. My Grandmother had a old remedy that works every time, is get a heat compress on top of a sliced potato. 

So basically you slice a thin layer of a Bake Potato. Make sure it's big enough to cover the cyst. You put the slice potato on the cyst and then cover the potato with a warm rag or cloth. Make sure the rag is hot enough that you see steam coming from it. The potato and the heat brings the cyst to a head and will eventually pop after a couple days. Make sure you don't burn yourself, but the hotter you can take it the faster you can draw the puss out of the cyst. 

I usually get them on my right in inner thigh about the size of a Dime. With the constant heat and pressure it will puss out within a 4-5 days. The cyst is made up of puss and blood. No clue why they happen but I had 2 on my fact two different times when I was a teen and one was drained and another the doctor just had me apply heat. The Doctor's don't know why they occur but heat compress is the quickest way.

When I'm off work and watching TV, I'll boil a pot of hot water, cut a slice of potato and apply heat to the cyst while I watch TV. Before I go to bed I will wipe the cyst with a rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to clean it and then apply a Acne Medication with 10% or Extra Strength Benzoil Peroxide because the cyst has puss that is found in acne.

I hope this helps. 

I have had this same problem for about a year now. i lived in florida when i started noticing them so maybe the jeans and heat thing is right. Im not sure why the doctors cant tell you guys what it is. I have yet to ask about them. I like to think that I have the best doctors out there so I will let you all know what they say and if they happen to have an answer for us. I have noticed that the less you mess with it the less it hurts. I just put a bandaid on mine everyday so it is not rubbing on anything and it helps with the pain and it doesnt get too big. Other ways you can find out ways to get rid of it are to Google home remedies for getting rid of them. I havent done it yet but if anyone finds any ideas let us know! thank you!

accutane should be able to help you all. Please try it .It is banned in some places but is available online.

i have just had a Sebaceous Cyst diagnosed on my thigh, my doctor said they are usually left unless keep swelling, and then if so are cut out. which leaves quite a large scar. i looked on the internet and they can be removed by advanced electrolysis privately at a health clinic. not too expensive about £150 for three sessions.

I have had theses cysts sice I have been a teenager and I am now 33 years old. You can drain them by lancing but the cyst themselves need to be surgically removed to fully get rid of the cyst. (I have had four removed already). Ever notice that you get them in the same places constantly? A lot of these posts sound as if like myself you may have a skin condition called cystemic acne. Basically you develop cysts from minor body acne. I have these on my upper thighs, armpits, and at times vaginal area. To relieve the pain and itching use very hot compresses and when possable drain the cyst to keep it from getting larger and more problematic. My surgeon also recommended showering always with an antibacterial soap (which surprisingly enough is not a wide selection) I found the best results with Dial antibacterial soap. Good luck to all and I hope this helps a little.

What is HS

My daughter just had this same thing and it swelled to the size of a golf ball. She has had terrible cyst problems for years and had started laser hair removal. Anyway, she just had to go to the doctor and have it lanced and drained. They put her on massive antibiotics also. Therefore; if it doesn't get better go to the doctor. Don't mess around with an infection.

me to it looks the same way amd what happens
when you dont get it checked out

I have the same problem, i applied some drawing ointment on it for a few days (which usually works) but no good came out of that this time. Last night i went to the doctors (after some tears) and he said it is a cyst. He prescribed me some antibiotics so i started these today. My younger sister recently had the same lump but on her breast. The doctor prescribed her antibiotcs and hers went away so i hope mine work just as well. I'm going home to have a hot bath to hopefully help it even further. The best solution i feel is to go to the doctors because you can never be 100% sure whats wrong until you get a professionals opinion. Dont be too scared to tell your dad either, he will be supportive and concerned and will lead you in the right direction to treatment (parents always know best)

Hope this helped

I have one on my inner thigh now. I first googled "red lump" and I got result like "skin cancer" and it scared a heck out of me. After more research, I've came to believe what I have is actually a boil

(not very sure still)and this particular one lasts over a month already.

I popped this one once before, but it wasn't enough to release the whole thing, I could still felt the lump, but it wasn't as painful after since some of the pressure was released.

i thought it was going to heal soon and I didn't bother it much for days because lumps i got in the past just go awat.

however, this particular one is still there, red and swollen~ no visible head or anything, just purplish, swollen lump (the lump is under the skin, not very risen though).

I don't own a compress so I use two cotton sheets, one warm (soaked in Epsom salt) and the other one cold~ alternate between the two~ I hope to see result. My mom also gave me an ointment that contains camphor, menthol, and dexamethasone acetic , not sure i want to apply it

I get these lumps sometimes after hair removal~ but usually are gone with days-a week. The one lasts much longer, it's also larger...

any tips??

Is everyone posting here overweight? I have same issue everyone here has mentioned and I'm about 50 lbs overweight.  I'd love to know if the only people who get these are overweight people... And if truly the only way to stop them is to lose weight...

I'm not overweight, and I've been struggling with this for years, in fact i got my first one when i was 12, and rail thin. I've seen many many doctors and specialists, and was finally diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa (HS). Awesome! however, i was told, even though we know what's wrong with you, theres nothing we can do for you, so you will continue to get cysts in your grion and armpits, and when they gt badly infected and debilitatingly painful, you should to the the emergency room, and get them incised and drained. Stellar. so keep doing what i'm doing, and make my 1-2 visits a month to the ER, drain the healthcare system, and put up with this B.S. for the rest of my life.
I've recently started seeing a naturopathic doctor who believes she can help reduce or completely get rid of the recurrence of the cysts. it will be a 12-18 month process, and it's an incredibly strict regiment of supplements, homeopathic remedies and a very restrictive diet. so if you can commit to that i'd give it a shot.
hopefully it works for me, nothing else ever has (accutane, many various antibiotics) so i have high hopes for this.

what cream did he perscribe?

I am 57 female and i got a painful boil or cycst right in my inner thigh that hurt so bad when i walked. I had to put a bandaid to cover. I took a mirror to look and its was like a dark bluish/purple thick hard bump when you squeezed and it hurt so i knew it had to be an ingrown hair and it was with pus. I read to use neosporin as it would help and drain out the infection as this is a bacteria caused issue. I did and it went away after 2 weeks - but when it got real tiny i still felt it. Well 2 mos later like over night same spot another one!! I this time had a tube i got from Mexico called "Elomet". You can google it. I had a patch of dermatitis on my neck. I used this creme on the painful boil and i sware the NEXT day it was half GONE. The next eve before bed I applied again and in the morning ALL GONE.
The large tube i got in Mexico pharmacy was like 25.00. You can get small tubes on Amazon I have seen. If your getting cyists and boils like me get this creme. WORKS great for horrible spider and itchy bug bites also. The creme lasts forever as you dont apply very much and you only apply once a day. I am not working and I have no med insurance and i have used this creme for my conditions i get and have saved hundreds of dollars not having to to to a Doctor. Another thing since i got rid of my last boil with this creme i have NEVER had another one.

Hello I replied to a few other people about the inner thigh cycst boils. I too got them. In he same spot. Dark purple like when you squeezed them they are hard like a marble is inside. Takes forever to go away with the bandaid and neosporin.............GET a tube of creme called "Elomet". thats the name i got from the box in Mexico pharmacies. Here they are called Elomet/mometasone furoate. "Elomet" you can get on Amazon a small tube is under $7.00. I had a terrible patch of Dermatitis on my neck and eyes this creme using once a day and very sparingly rid of it completely in two days. At the same time I got the dam boil again and i thought hey i will use this stuff on the boil as it too is caused from bacteria. So I applied at night before bed and next day HALF the size. Next day i put a bandaid on it as i wore jeans. When i got home i changed to my yoga pants and before bed appled again over the half sized boil/cist the NEXt day 95% gone - one more eve and GONE - never had one since and that was over a year ago. I have used this creme on bumpy, red, itchy spider and mosquito bites and gone in 2 days no itch no pain. You burn your hand use this creme great for burns too. Please try it you will be so happy that you read this post.