I am 21 and I have had cysts since I was 13. They keep growing in their numbers. They are generally located under my arms and on my legs.. and currently one right on my hip bone. Hidradenitis suppurativa sounds like a likely diagnosis, but no doctor has ever mentioned it to me. I have been to multiple doctors and have tried to have them removed surgically, but its been to no avail. No one seems to be able to help. Any suggestions?

Ive been getting them for about ten years, and the older I get, it seems the more I've been getting. I also noticed that I never had them before that, and I was always thinner.

Went to the doc yesterday because the one I have now makes it nearly impossible to walk. He gave me an antibiotic pill and 2 creams. One is an antibacterial and the other is a cream to relieve swelling and redness.

I saw on the HS info that smoking and obesity can make it worse. I am a smoker, but I have cut down significantly and still no change. Not sure if it's an all-or nothing thing or what.

Doc says the ones on the legs are sweat-glands. He says HS is the ones under the arms. He says he drains those a lot.

Once it pops, the pressure is relieved, but when you are in the sore, swollen, golf-ball stage, relief is rare.

Doc said wear loose clothing and keep it cool and dry down there. Dial moisturizing/antibacterial body wash, a small amount of powder should reduce occurrence. We'll see.

By the way, my mother gets them too, so it looks like it could be genetic.

They are sebaceous cysts, just google sebaceous cysts thighs and you'll find lots of people with the same problem (myself included).

I have a funny saggy type purple scar on my inner thigh from an absyys I had a few years ago, it doesnt go away but doesnt bother me. Simple antibiotics made it go in a few weeks. Problem is they have a habit of reappearing apparently, but luckily my mums a doctor and suggested tea tree oil. It works so well!! I had another swollen lump on my leg a few weeks ago though and I tried this and its gone with no nasty scarring! the older one has got paler with time though but you just have to live with it, my Bf never even noticed it till i pointed it out but he still doesnt care, scars are nothing to be ashamed of!!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to add my two cents to what was already said. I too suffer from the same condition on my inner thigh and yes it is very annoying I have tried different things to keep the condition under control; I thought my doctor was neglecting me by telling me there was really nothing they could do for me. I've done a little research as well and tried a product online that worked for me but was to expensive to keep ordering.
For the cyst you can buy a cream for the pain but, a quick and easy way to get rid of the cyst would be to apply a piece of fat back and a ace bandage or whatever is convienent for you. At night tie it to the cyst and it will began to pull the puss to the surface. Trust it works!
And for the ingrown hair's noxema has facial pads with sylic acid for acne this will dry the irritation, get rid of redness, straighten the hairs and lighten the irritated area. Walmart is a good place to purchase the pads.
My doctor also recomended long boy underwear.
I hope this works for you.

Hi! my name is natasha nelson and I have the same problem with a cyst on my thigh and it really hurts as in running in P.E. everyday and my mom won't let me go to the doctor and she keeps on telling me to soak it in warm water and still it won't go away. What should I do about this?

Some of the acne issue are genetic. If you have acne on your face and other places, see your doctor and ask her for antibiotics that would treat ance problem. My doctor gave me Tetralysal (once a day for 3 months) and it has been very helpful.

Regarding ingrown hair that creating a cyst (I have just had this recently), the cyst won't go away permanently until you remove the hair. If you're lucky, you will find it eventually when the size of the cyst reduce by taking antibiotics OR you need an small precision to open the area and remove the hair. This is all depend on how big the cyst is and if it's causing any infection. The operation procedure is quite safe and is probably the fastest way for a really big size cyst.

After much reading of ingrown hair, it seems as if shaving is one of the cause for ingrown hair. Use waxing if you could, it's reduced the change of getting ingrown hair.

Hope this help.

Hey all,
I've been getting these so called "in grown hairs" for a few years. I get ingrown hairs in my eye brows when i pluck and they are nothing like these. For years my Dr was prescribing an anti-fungal creme for them (don't ask me why it wasn't just anti-biotic) I'm one of the lucky many who has a doctor who only gives 10 minutes appointments so discussing it further and asking for a referral is almost impossible.

While in for my regular pap i showed her the scars and she suggested "oh then its "felungulitis" (now thats how she said it, i have no idea how its spelled) but she said its a fancy word for cysts.

I'm aware its a cyst, and im aware they happen but on a regular basis? thats not normal
I spoke to a Derm resident (a doctor training to become a FT dermatologist) and she suspected HS, but like many doctors think its so rare.

All my own doctor could say to me was "what ever way you deal with it, just keep at it, there is no cure for cysts"

The deep and empty scars, long and darkish purple ones from round cysts, those signs made the derm resident think of HS, but she said she can't diagnose it without further research.

Needless to say, searching google for answers wont always get you what you're looking for, but don't stop asking for dermatologist referrals, and go when you have the cyst, and hopefully have scars from previous ones.

Hi. I'm a 39 yr. old woman and have the inner thigh cyst problem. I also have been diagnosed with Hidradenitis suppurativa, which is different and, for me, occurs within the pubic hair (same type cysts, very painful and loaded with puss). This has been going on for 10 years. I have seen numerous types of doctors, even an Infectious Disease group that told me the two weren't really related. They even tested me for staff and that came back negative. I have to agree that when I wear jeans I seem to have more of a problem than when I do not. Took me a long time to figure that out too, since I wore jeans almost everyday of my life until recently. I have to say, I'm relieved to find out that others suffer this same problem since most people I describe it to don't understand. When the cysts flare up I can't walk and then within 2-3 days, they'll errupt and there's instant relief, other than the pain from the "open sore." All Dr.'s have recommended a hot bath but who has that kind of time? Also, mine seem to flare up due to hormones, bigger breakouts around that time of the month. Only encouraging thing my doctor said was that it should subside after menopause. Whoo-hoo!

Just wanted to throw in my experience - I've had the same experience as others for the last 7 years (37 Y. O. male), but have always assumed these were large acne, even though they are so large and subcutaneous. The first one was one of the large, almost golf ball sized ones, and in the course of exploring it and manipulating it, I squeezed too hard and it popped - mostly pus, not as much blood as one would expect for something that large. So, when they recur I've always just popped them myself - quite painful,, but endurable, and they seem to grow over time, so better sooner than later.

I have been getting these inner thigh cysts for the past several months, I have been wearing jeans, I am overweight so inner thighs always rub together, (started dieting last week), and sometimes go to bed without showering(wont be doing that anymore lol), so i will now shower in the morning and evening. Also been using the puff plastic body wash soap applicator and i do know these scratch your skin(will buy cloth shower towels today). I also eat a chewable multivitamin which includes zinc everyday. Hopefully making all these changes especially losing alot of weight will keep up these cysts from forming.

When I don't drink water, but instead have coke, I always get them. But when i cut out cokes, and do straight water for a week, they go away, usually in 3-5 days. Also, STRESS from work seems to be a precursor. Of course, i usually drink cokes when I am stressed... haha. Baby power helps to decrease friction down there, and lots of showers to remove salty sweat.

i was reading your home remedy but i'd like to find out more about the whole insulin needle and how do you put to use? i started walking again (6 1/2 miles 3 to 4 times a week) and the fact that i have really hairy legs may be one of the reasons why i've got this annoying bump on my inner upper left thigh. any and all information and/or direction will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Yeah I'm only 16 I've been getting them for about 5-8 months..I'm not sure what to really do. I normally just leave it alone, and just let it pop on it's own. then it will go away for a week, then come back lol.. it's always in the same spot aswell.

I have been getting them since I was about 13, my gyno said it's an immune deficiency problem and gave me anti-biotics but it hasn't made a difference. When I was on birth control, I had maybe one a year but after having a blood clot in my lung I learned I have a rare genetic blood disorder and I can't be on it any longer. I really believe it has something to do with hormones and I'd do anyyyytthinnggg to be able to be on some form of birth control again just for the sake of not having my thighs all scared up and dealing with those awful cysts! If you havent tried birth control, I would say do it! Nuva-Ring worked the best for me but to each their own!!!