I am so glad to hear I'm not alone...I have been having problems and the bacteria everyone was saying causes it was saying it can be fatal or cause all sorts of problems but it seems to be common ish. So hopefully this sinus infection goes away soon and takes my blue snot with it.

Hi, I am almost 22 weeks pregnant. A little more then a month ago I had a pneumonia that resolved quickly but with a left over that doesnt seem to want to go away. Since then I wake up every morning with a lot of mucus stocked in my nose and in my throat. Before today, It always been pinky or green or yellow. I read that if I see pinky, it might be or lungs has troubles or it is just my nose that bleed into my throat. Since I knew my lungs was ok, I thought for sure it was just my nose. But this morning when I empty the whole think, I spitted blue for the first time. Tonight when i went to bed i thought about it and it stopped me from sleeping. I needed to look on it. I am so proud of being pregnant, I just don't want nothing bad happen to my little girl. But now I am worry as hell with that blue spitting. Hopefuly, it is nothing. :-(

Something like that's happened to me, except I have it coming out of my nose? It's weird, i'm not sure what it is or where it's come from. I've had two operations on my nose before, so maybe it has something to do with that. I don't know. Kinda scary if you ask me. [: I'm 16, I don't drink wine or any alcohol so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

YAY! I'm reading through this and reading everyone being so grateful for not being the only one with this and I feel the exact same way!! I thought I had just been a little hasty with food dye when I was decorating a cake, and now i've had it for a week and was starting to get nervous. Thanks everyone!! =D

Also - I'm sure you've had this too... its so much more noticeable if you don't keep careful track of keeping your nose cleared because now people can see BRIGHT BLUE up your nose!! As if anybody needs another reason to be self conscience.

your not alone. I was beginning to think I have ailen blood!! Very bad sinus infection and allergies. First it was blood and then I started seeing teal blue mucus. Whats up with that? Thought I might be a bit crazy at first however the blue teal mucus is still showing up.

I just Googled to this site in response to my 14 year old child showing me a clearly blue colored mucus. She has had last her voice last week and may a sinus infection. For several weeks she had also been been complaining of respirtory alergies. These come from my side of the family. Could all of this package be the result of pseudomonas aeruginosa/pyocyanaea?

Ok, well this is reassuring...I have had the blue streaks in my mucus on and off for almost a year. I used to smoke cigs and marijuana alot...I thought thats what it was from because I swear I remember it being black and I thought it was from the tar. It came out of my nose and also as sputum from my mouth. I quit both of those several months ago when I became pregnant. I still see blue streaks every now and then and it freaks me out. I dont know what its from! How many of you were/are smokers? I take know medication, nor do I drink....so what i causing this weirdness?!

Mold? Thats pretty scary, though I do think I have black mold in my house. I have also always had pretty bad allergies and sinus infections. I would like to know how many of you have these symptoms and other strange facts that may be causes to this.

The exact same thing is happening to me. I wake up a cough up clear mucus with streaks of seaweed green in it. It's kind of a green-blue color. If anyone has any ideas why this is happening, I'd be really appreciative.

I have similar issue. just thought id tell the rest of you. I have been living in at least 12 diffrent homes and both sides of the country all varying conditions.

I have randomly sneezed or blown my nose and there is blue in the snot. AND sometimes I clean my ear and there is blue on the q-tip. this has been happening for years and years. in 2007 I got a bad bad ear infection and went to the doctor and she mentioned she saw something weird and blue in my ear. I was to nervous to have her take it out but it was a very odd thing to be told. I really want to know whats going on with my nose at least. I know they are all connected but Id think after all these years it would be gone. it always seems to show up during my sicker periods of time/life.

Hello :-)

I'm 16, haven't smoked once in my life and I also have the strange blue stuff coming from both my mouth and nose, so I highly doubt that it's smoke/tar related :-)

However, I've had major sinus problems for quite a few years now; I've had two operations spread out over 4 years and another one coming up, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the sinus? I'm not sure :-)

I wouldn't let it worry anybody though; it sounds pretty common, so I'm sure if it was dangerous and whatnot, doctors would have done something about it by now :-)

Besides having a dodgy nose, all is well!

Don't let it bother you :-)

I find it really strange that this is so common. I only have this problem intermittently, but i also take use albuterol inhaler, but infrequenlty. So i guess it could seems there are many possibilities, becuase i also have the mold problem and chronic sinus issues.

I am both happy and sad to find that I'm not the only one experiencing this! If only we could figure out what it is...

I'm battling a productive cough right now and coughed up the blue streaks (they do look like fibers as someone has said) in my phlegm. I also sneezed the same thing about a month ago - right when I found out one of my roomies had announced she had strep throat. Ugh.

I'm guessing it's from dust or some sort of minor infection... anyone else have thoughts or come up with any solid answers?

How many of you are female? I have the same problem and actually put a sample under the microscope at work and the doctor said it was nothing. I may have a theory if this only happens to females.

To answer the latter posting, I am a female. I'm also interested in joining this discussion!!

First and foremost, I can't believe more of you exist! Secondly...It seems as though my blue mucus problem is a bit different, however.

1) I ONLY have blue streaks in my buggars, and I only see them when my nose/sinuses are nearly 100% clear.

2) They ONLY come out of my left nostril...

3) This one is the weirdest! Whenever I get a blue buggar, I know I'm going to have to deal with a very bothersome sensation. This is very difficult to explain... In my upper, upper left nostril (or perhaps the sinus), I smell something like a chemical. It's not a chemical smell...but that's the best way I can describe it. If I plug my left nostril, I can't smell it (which is the only way I can really deal with it). This usually only happens in the morning, and when my nose/sinuses are very clear...and usually lasts anywhere between 20 minutes to 5 hours. During this, I also get uncharacteristically irritable and short-fused, which is either related directly to the problem itself, or directly to the fact that it irritates me..

Does anyone else experience any of these? Number3? Any ideas?
Stacy

I too have just experienced this. Blew me nose and to my surprise, blue snot!

I instantly freaked out concerned something was wrong, but Ive calmed down now Ive read this!

I too have had stuffy and bad sinus's all my life, but have no medication for this.

In the interest of your pondering how many people suffering this are female, I too am female.