I believe it is an opiate and not a mix of other stuff but look it up to be sure.  Withdrawls will be tough and he will get sick... addiction like herion.  If he can take it great, otherwise, get him help and lots of counseling.  To combat once he is over withdrawls have a high fiber diet with lots of antioxidants and check into magnesium since it is a natural muscle relaxer.

If you try to help him at home, be prepared to supervise him every minute and you may need to lock him in a room so that he does not use until he is over the most severe part of it.  I hope it goes well for you.  xoxox

To  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

(the original poster).....

I know that your post is over a year old, but I'd like to share with you my experience, strength, and hope.......

I've been reading and reading all the posts in this forum on the "roxy' subject and many of the posts are absolutely excellent while others, it seems, that they don't know their a$$ from their elbows!! I truly feel horrible for ANYONE that has opiates in their lives. I'm an alcoholic/addict and I've been in recovery for the past year and a half due to Oxy, Zanax and alcohol abuse. I've always been an alcoholic until about 4 1/2 yrs ago...my addiction grew. It started slowly with low doses of pills until my daily habit consisted of 400mg of Oxy, 5mg Zanax and a half a handle of Capt. Morgan that lasted 3 yrs. The day I decided to detox from the pills, I decided to do as much research as I possibly could in order to prepare myself for what was about to happen to my body. I bought every vitamin/mineral that was suggested to me on several different sites (and there were a bunch of suggestions) to no avail. I wouldn't wish this detox on my worst enemy!!!!!!
The first 3 days of detoxing, I felt that I had the worst type of flu you could ever imagine. On the 4th day I started to feel a bit better. On the 5th day I felt well enough to sit on my couch and watch some T.V. with a glass of wine. Yes, I said "with a glass of wine...I'm a true alcoholic! Later that evening, I started noticing strange sounds. The next day, those strange sounds were becoming much clearer because I could now see who was making these sounds. To my dismay,and sad to say, the people that I thought I saw that were making all these sounds DIDN'T EXIST!!!!!! I had gotten to the point of hallucinations. My hallucinations were so incredible vivid and I can still remember most of them to this day!! I was having full phone conversations with people, the fire department was in my house, I was chasing and yelling at my 2 sons, etc....NEEDLESS TO SAY, NOBODY WAS THERE!!! It was all in my head! These hallucinations progressed and got so much worse by the hour! FINALLY, on my my 11th day of detoxing, my husband decided that it would be safer for the both of us if I was in the hospital...so we went. We went through the E.R, told them what was happening and an hour later we were discharged. They told us that this wasn't a detox center and they're was nothing they could do for me. I have no memory what so ever after this point.
I was told a few weeks later that after being discharged, our friend picked us up from the hospital. I apparently tore up his back seat, at my house, I tried to download pics from my toaster, tried to crawl inside my T.V...all while having seizures. I was quickly brought back to the E.R., was given a very large dose of Haldol(anti psychotic) as well as a very large dose of Ativan(sedative). After 6 1/2 hours, I was finally knocked out. I woke up 3 days later in ICU. I had lost 23lbs in 14 days and while I was still hooked up to machines, all I wanted was to be at home on my couch with a nice glass of wine!!
I was finally released from the hospital and attended 3 AA meetings in a 72 hour period and decided that I didn't have a problem!! I was "back out" rocking and rolling!!! Less than a year later I went back into the rooms of AA and finally started to work on step 1," I'm powerless over alcohol and my life had become unmanageable" Today, I have been sober for 16 months thanks to the fellowship of AA!!

If you haven't done so already, your son most definitely needs help, and he'll need help for the rest of his life. recovery isn't only about getting and staying clean, it's a life long commitment to live an incredible way of life...IF HE WANTS IT!! 

I wish you and your family well and you'll be in my prayers,

Mary

They can and do smoke Roxys. Right now where Im from those 30mg pills have a street value of $20 each. And the addicts are smoking or shooting (banging) 5 to 30 a day. You can see how expensive this habit gets. The pharmacys in my area are not filling scripts but thats making the problem worse not better. It drives up the price so now its getting to $25 and $30 a pill so the addicts are doing more of what ever they do to get them (steal, trick, etc.) Flood the streets and start arresting everyone possesing, buying, and selling without a script.

I have a family member that has been doing this for 8 months now. She is getting very violent and hard to be around. she is threatening to kill herself and anybody that tries to stop her from doing it. She is smoking it. My question is... Is it a deadly drug and can she get over it on her own?

i just wanna throw out there roxys come in all colors atleast here in utah anywhere from white to pink to blue and trust me they have all been looked up to be legit so to add this is an extremely retarted thing coming  from me a am still an avid user which trust me i really wish i wasnt i would love to quit but the control it has is nutts its like my coffee in the morning a must have so i wish you all can and will get help if needed i hope the best for all and myself one day last thing i need is to end up dead but just thought i would clear a few feuds upbye

I one is to quit doing pills , they really need to want to quit. I dont think you can make someone quit something so addictive. And sadly, most people wont actually even want to quit or admit they have a problem until they hit rock bottom. I dont believe that gateway drug BS. Some people like to get high, and others want to get higher. Plain and simple. I dont think its pots fault that people move to harder drugs. Its those peoples fault. Some people can quit cold turkey and others need help. Suboxone is a really good tool in my opinion. It helped my friend get off pills and he said he liked it because it took away the withdrawals and would not make him high which would have just made him want more pills.

i dont know where your from  but i live in SW florida and the blues or roxies are rampant out here. there are pain clinics everywhere and everybody doctor shops. suboxone helps. it took me 4 months in rehab all the way in colorado. but i was doin them for 6 years. it takes alot of lives and friendships. someone on an earlier post wrote that he has to be ready to change and thats amazingly real. just be there for him and try to show a better life without blues.

yes its very deadly and if shes truelly addicted than no she cant do it on her own but shes gotta want it on her own

Yes I have it is a very popular prescription street drug in florida it is synthetic heroin very addictive

Iam so sorry, my son also is addicted to that c**p! He is sitting in jail for stealing to maintain this awful addicting drug. Iam hopingthe judge will send him to drug rehab, my advice to you is check your local rehab centers and see if your son can get assistance, there are some free rehab paid by the govt. but your son has got to go voluntarily. If he gets arrested for drugs, they will send him to drug rehab, let the law take care of him and pray every day for him, that is the only thing that keeps me sane. Sincerely, Debbie Dowdal

THAT DEPENDS HOW HE TAKES THEM. BY MOUTH THEY CANT HARM U HALF AS MUCH AS SNORE THEM. ACTUALLY ITS SYNYHETIC HEROIN

I think a lot of you are confused. This is NOT synthetic heroin. The active ingredient in heroin is diacetylmorphine, whereas the active ingredient in roxies is oxycodone. These are two completely different  chemicals, however they both fall into the same family of drugs known as opiates. For the most part, the same brain chemistry is involved, however heroin has a much greater affinity to cross the blood brain barrier and provides far more of an addictive rush. All experienced users will tell you that they moved from pills to heroin because heroin gets the job done for cheaper

I do blues (roxies) recreationally about 2-3 times per week and that is anywhere from half of a pill (15mg) to one and a half pills (45mg). I would not say that I am addicted but I definitely NEED to keep an eye on myself to avoid falling down that very slippery slope. I have stopped for weeks at a time and never experience withdrawals. MODERATION! I have watched kids my age (21) go from zero blues a day to doing 25 blues in three days in one years time. I always snort them and the feeling that you get from them (just about instantly) is unmatched by anything else that I've done, which is a lot. I personally know people that steal and get robbed themselves constantly just to get more blues for themselves. If you know anyone who is addicted do whatever you can to get them off the drug but do not dump them as a friend because it will make it much worse for them. I have seen people get clean off blues with no rehab or anything but a will to get clean. Anyone can do it you just need to believe in yourself and want to get clean. Being from New Jersey the price of the pills are $25-30. They come in blue pills with either an M, A, V, or K9 imprinted on them and are 30mg. They all vary slightly in size and blue-ness. I have also seen green pills that are 15mg but have the same effect and are usually priced at 1 for $15, 2 for $25. I've heard of pink ones that are either 5 or 10mg but have never seen them. This drug is highly addictive and if you know someone who is in too deep let them know that you are there for them and supporting them. What they need is hope that there is life after blues, but that's all you can do. The addict has to want to stop and the sad part is that most of them don't.

It is a barbituite or however u spell it. I did them for bout 7 yrs and i got off of them. All roxys are is heroin in a pill suboxone is addictive to and so is xanax i quit by drinking thru the withdrawels and feeling like hell for bout 2 weeks u just gotta ride out the detox

I have been using roxys for about 4 months now and can't stop. I am on vacation now without them and I am withdrawing very badly and stealing money so when I get back I can get some more. I have been sober for weeks at points but continue using again. this is a VERY ADDICTIVE drug. and it seems almost helpless and scary to stop