Go and change your docotr , ask for a b arium scan STOOL AND URINE TEST AS WELL AS BLOOD TEST, is the ain in the middle aBove the naval and Bottom of chest, IS IT LOCALISED SO IT IS IN ONE SOT OR DOES IT TRAVEL TO THE BACK , DO YOU GET STITCHES ON YUOR RIGH HAND SIDE OF THE STOMACH ON AND OFF, HAVE YOU TAKEN GAVASCON TO SEE IF IT HELS, IT COLD BE IBS, BUT JUST GET THE DOCTOR TO DO A SCAN AS WELL, BOSCOAN HELS WITH CRAMS. KEE US INFORMED OF YOUR OUTCOME AND GOOD LUCK HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS
HEATEHR

I totally relate to all the posts in this thread! IBS is an awful thing to have and mine isn't even that bad, I only get the symptoms once or twice a year, so my heart goes out to all you people who seem to have it pretty frequently. I ALWAYS have Anzpaz pills or some form of Antacid in the house. It won't make you 100%, but alleviates the pain enough to let me stay in bed with a book instead of writhing in agony between toilet visits.

Hi All, 35yr old male here that has had the same symptoms for over 10yrs, slowly getting worse.

Initially diagnosed as lactose intolerant but this was later retracted. I resigned myself to living with the pain and inconvenience as it appeared I had no choice.

In the last 6-9 months it has been getting worse and more often meaning a lot of time off work and no social life. It used to start with the stomach cramps, then nausea, light headed,numerous trips to the toilet before finally relief. The cramps would be so bad I'd be in tears and screaming for death and now nausea has turned to vomiting.

I am waiting for gastro specialist to check things out as my doctor has stated that whatever it is it is beyond his ability. I have a family history of colitis and celiac on my fathers side so specialist is thinking its one of those or crohn's or simply IBS that needs a seriously strict diet.

Will let you know how I go in case it helps

Hi there get your self cheked for the h pylori bacteria it causes vomiting, loss of weigh etc this can be diagnosed with a sputem test

I am 45 and have had these same symptoms for as long as I can remember. It doesn't seem to coincide with my period even though it happens around once a month. I have also thrown up from the pain and also nearly passed out from it as well. The other fun thing is that mine happens almost exclusively in the middle of the night. Everything I have read about IBS says that is NOT what it is so I have no idea what we are dealing with.

Hi I had this, this morning on day 2 of my period I went to work ,nipped to the toilet then started with low stomach cramps and feeling faint and sweaty, I ended up lay on floor for 45 mins with bearing down pains and then feeling very lethargic and drained. I e this every now and then and always with a period on day 2. work sent me home. stomach now feels very tender like i have done 100 sit ups.

I am 52, stopped having periods 4 years ago. I had one of these attacks this morning. That is why I'm on here seeing what other people are saying about the same symptoms. This is not my first attack, but I would say I've only had 10 in my lifetime. The pain is unbelievable, I break out in a cold sweat, along with the nausea comes the diarrhea. I literally cannot get off the stool until the pain and diarrhea subside. Afterwards, I am soaked, exhausted and make it to the bathroom floor to cool off and recover. I do feel like I might pass out from the pain, too. I hadn't had anything to eat since dinner the night before, but did have a cup of coffee....my daily routine. I cannot pinpoint a cause because my attacks come at different times of the day, sometimes after eating, sometimes not.

I've had colonoscopies and everything checks out fine. Would be nice to avoid anymore attacks, as this morning I was scared, alone and thought I might die for an instant.

I am a 42 yr old female. I have been experiencing the same symptoms as well, for the last 18+ years. I almost always occurs at night, I am woken up by the excruciating pain, at which time I have to head straight to the bathroom. I usually remain in there for about an hour, since leaving and coming back numerous times becomes even more exhausting, I just stay. I get dizzy, my blood pressure rises, I sweat, the intestinal pain stays til I am empty, and the nausea is like morning sickness. I get this 2-3 times a month. I have never told my doctor because I have a huge assortment of health issues that we have been addressing for years, and I am exhausted emotionally from all the chronic issues. What can I do?

If you are constiated and if that is why you are having this ains I suggest you start to drink rune juice or eat runes with weetBix or oats in the morning to HEL YOU WITH BECOMING REGULAR, TAKING MEDICATION TOO CAN CAUSE THIS , GET YOUR SELF CHECK OUT, MY FRIEND WAS HAVING STOMACH AINS AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE TWISTED BOWELS bUSCOAN RELIEVE STOMACH CRAMS AND MINT TEA IS SUOSED TO BE GOOD FOR AINS TOO
GOOD LUCK AND GOD bLESS

I get this 2-3 times a month, ciiac disease runs in my family and I find that when I stick to a low gluten diet I dont have this issue flair up as much. You might want to talk to your doctor about it and see what they say... It seems that gluten intolerance can cause IBS in many cases.

This was so helpful, this explains my situation exactly. I was told that i am lactose intolerant which i dont think thats the problem. I am a 29 year old female and have been suffering from this for years and the pains so bad i rather die at the moment.

Yeah as I said celiac can cause this and fun fact many with it are lactose intolerant. Read up and ask yoUr doctor.

Sounds like vasovagal syndrome. I've had it for years and have other triggers besides abdominal pain. Exessive tiredness, intense exercise, stress & anxiety may trigger an event. Beta blockers help manage the symptoms but until you have a cardiologist check you out you probably shouldn't drive.

I'm fifteen and a female. I have been expirencing the same issues but only recently. I'm not diagnosed as being lactose intolerant so I'm not sure what's triggering it. It started with my period cramps getting worse, I'd get really nauseous until I took a pain killer.

I have had times in previous years where I'd get cramps so bad I'd lay in bed all day and every movement would hurt my stomach, the sight of food would make me sick. Even if I wasn't on my period. I don't know if this is part of what you guys are experiencing, but the symptoms seem to match.

At night sometimes I'll get hot and sweaty, nausea, see blobs and have uncontrollable bowel movements.

I've never been allergic to anything in my life. So I don't think that's the issue. If it it; I don't know what I'm eating that makes me feel this way.

Thank you for telling your story, because mine is the exact same. It started when I was younger, but only happened once or twice. Then in college I had it happen, always in the middle of the night, the same as mine. I went to the doctor and they told me my blood pressure probably just dropped, they checked my sugar levels too because my dad is a diabetic. I am 32 years old and fairly healthy, my annual exam showed I was fine in all areas, but this happened again last night and I just find it weird that no one seems to have an answer. Thanks for sharing, at least we are not alone!