I'm a 27yo women and just yesterday morning had a violent cramping episode which involves the following:
- dizziness
- sweating uncontrollably
- diarrhea
- nausea 
- cramping / abdominal pain

Sudden urge for the toilet, sit there for about a minute, finish up and leave. Within 5 minutes I've gone back to the toilet. Break out in a sudden all body sweat and start feeling lightheadedness and early signs of fainting. I find myself lying on cold bathroom tiles helps or sitting in a long hot shower. I finish looking extremely bleak in the face. 

Some websites refer these symptoms to Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastrointestinal upset or Peptic Ulcer. 

I'm not scared because I know it'll pass by in a short while. I've never seen the doctor about it because it'll be gone by the time I make an appointment - I just put it down to a bad day of my period. 

I'm heathy, regularly have check ups and healthy blood tests. I have a very good diet, exercise daily, don't have allergies and give blood 3 times a year. 

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the lead up to a period. Low in iron causing dizziness?

Do you experience this before a bad period?

Hi! I have IBS. and pretty much everything you described is exactly what I have. And unfortunately it does get worse around the time of your period. I dont even have periods anymore and yet once a month I have terrible IBS symptoms. I would talk to your doctor about it. They have some good meds for IBS sufferers. Sadly, I do have to work my lifestyle around it. I pray that yours wont be that bad!

Hello, i had this same problem this morning, i had my period and massive stomach cramps, i was screaming in pain and i had to go to the toilet several times and dry reaching.

I am a seventeen year old girl. I have anemia and I have a very, very heavy period. (not really a good thing). I have near fainting, constipation/diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, cramps (more in the intestines than in my tubes/cervix/ovaries/uterus etc. I've been feeling really ill, like I have to use the restroom very often. I also have body heat- not quite a fever, but I feel hot all of the time. Anyone know what this is?

I have had these episodes for years. Feel better after diarrhea episode is over but takes a while to recover and often it happens again in a few hours if I don't take any Immodium. I thought it was my period because it did seem to get worse then and I had horrible bleeding, too. Was disappointed this didn't go away after hysterectomy. I just now had a bad episode after walking a few miles. I am trying to get healthy but it's really difficult when your body reacts this way. What if I had passed out on the street in the dark?? I have soooo many things wrong with me that I hate to go for one more thing. Don't know if it's safe to take Immodium every day as a precaution. I do take it ahead of time when I know I'll be doing something and can't leave work or something. I hate this.

I've had similar episodes for about 7 years (29yo woman). Mine often ended up with me fainting (usually I can get to the floor fast enough). While they typically happened late at night, they randomly happened in the morning or early evening. After a few visits to UC or the ER, I was diagnosed with a vasovagal syncope response. I *think* I have finally found my trigger: severe constipation that is caused by food sensitivities, mainly gluten and soy (these did not show up on a traditional skin prick test). The response happens when my body finally goes into "get rid of it mode" and I get severe diarrhea. The doctors aren't sure if this response is due to the pain from the severe cramps or straining (I think it's the pain since I avoid straining to avoid hemorrhoids). While I've had these responses for YEARS, I could never narrow it down to a specific food and it was only when I started following a strict gluten & soy free diet for months (and then cheated) that I was able to say, OK, this is it.

I have found that doctors have a hard time identifying the causes, if you want to, you're going to need to be extremely vigilant. The reason I'm so careful now is because I have other problems that are caused by the food allergies... and I've not caught it fast enough and have ended up hitting my head multiple times AND broke my nose from passing out (the reasons for the UC and ER visits).  Also, if you're ever planning on becoming pregnant, know that can make this whole thing worse. I found this out after I broke my nose and was 7 weeks pregnant. I'm now extremely careful about avoiding any possible triggers and ALWAYS take my cell with me.

Do your cramps bring you to screaming with the pain for hours before relief? I have been suffering with diarrhea, severe cramps, sweating, nausea. I do have colitis and IBS. But the pain is life altering.

This happens to me regualrly, and I think I have the reason. I have endometriosis, and the symptoms mentioned happened WAY more before my endometreosis was treated. It still happens once and a while, and it's terrible, but at least there's no blood involved. If this happens during your period I'd get checked for endometreosis.

i have a close friend who has done the same thing on the day she starts her period. it runs in her family, and doctors dont know why but they told her to eat every two hours and make sure to get plenty of rest and take vitamins during her period. it has help greatly as far as i can tell. i hope that it helps you,

I have the same symptoms as listed in the beginning post.  I am 47 and only have 2-3 periods a year.  It started about 3 years ago.  I've only had about 5 or 6 episodes, including one today.  Once I'm empty, after 3-4 times, the pain goes away.  I lay on the bathroom floor in between toilet visits because the coolness seems to help the nausea and weird feelings.  When sitting on toilet, I get clammy and faint feeling.  I almost passed out once, started seeing spots.  I have also had this while driving.  Had to stop driving and have my husband to come get me.  Wish I knew what it was.  It was over a year between the last two.

I just turned 50 last month and have the same symptoms as the 47 year old yesterday i started feeling week and lightheaded and today the running to the bathroom and trying to get to the couch because I'm watching my 2 year old granddaughter so i can't lay on the floor, I'm afraid i might pass out so i craw to the couch. please can someone help me with this. I been to the doctors and they don't know whats wrong with me i had tons of tests done, blood work they said i need my gallbladder out in July so I did that and I still have the symptoms, i haven't had a period for about 15 years. I'm feeling better now  after running to the bathroom all day the pain and the feeling of passing out is so intense.   I hope someone out there can help me PLEASE HELP 

Just happened to me... Exactly the same as all the symtoms you listed. I passed out about an hour ago and now im fine.. Never happened before.. Wish i knew what it was..

looks like  B12  deficency. the episode itself may or may not be Crohn's Disease but either way a preemptive dose of B12 vitamin could save your life. and it's harmless.

hI THERE IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR SELFT CHECKED BUT STILL HAVING THESE ISSUES I WOULD LIKEYOU TO READ ABOUT THIS ARTICLE THAT I SAW IN THE AERS AND THEN WENT TO THE WEBSITE TO FIND OUT MORE  LITTLE KNOWN DISEASE EVEN THE DOCTORS MIGHT NOT BEFULLY AWARE OF IT AND THERE ARE A FEW OF THEM WHO HAVE WRITTEN THERE STORIES AND THEY ALL HAD SOME THINGS IN COMMON LIKE IRRATABLE BOWEL SYNDROM SO IF YOYU HRE STILL CRAMING ETC READ ABOUT IT AND ASK YOUR DOCTOR SOME QUESTION AND YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET SOME TESTS DONE OR YOU CULD ASKE HER TO CHECK IT OUT AND SEE GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS AND KEE US INFORMED OF THE OUTCOME HOING IT WILL BE NOTHING

I am  27 year old male, 5'9'' 165lbs, eat healthy, not a gym rat but fit, no other adverse conditions, and in otherwise good overall health. And I have had these same symptoms for at least 10 years now. When I was younger, no one believed me when I would tell them that the pain was the WORST pain I have ever felt. They all thought I was trying to get out of going to school. As I got older, they realized it was definitely "something" and that I was making it out to be more that it is.  Even the doctors said it was all in my head and most likely I was just lactose intolerant. So, I just figured that this was just the way being lactose intolerant was like... I have since met many other people that are L.I. and they do not have the intense pain, sweating, or faint feeling like I do. I try to stay away from dairy as much as possible, but even then, the episodes come and sometimes worse than before. Well, the other night I had an episode that was so intense and excruciating that I actually CRIED OUT and woke up family staying at my house... even then they sort of laughed and said I was over reacting, that no gas pain could be that bad. I have no idea what causes this, but I figured if I told you that I also had the same symptoms, you would at least know they aren't related to any "female" process per se... I would chance to say that either the pain from the episodes cause you to start your period, or, your period may add to it. I have a co worker that has a child with Chron's Disease and she tells me things that have me convinced it can't be that. For one, I have never seen (or maybe just haven't noticed) any bright red blood in my stool. And my episodes NEVER come at any other time than at night, either just as I fall asleep, or  after I have been asleep for a few hours. Another thing, I have never actually fainted from an episode, although I wish I would sometimes! I have had a few injuries in my time and even kidney stones, and the pain that I experience during one of these is BEYOND anything I have ever had to go through! The pain starts in my sleep waking me up. I know EXACTLY what it going to be every time right from the start. I get nauseous, but never vomit. Cold sweats always. Tenderness in my abdomen. And the excruciating pain that actually doubles me over! It comes and goes in waves that last about 20 to 30 seconds each. They get progressively worse until they just stop, either with a loose, or very hard, bowel movement. I really wish we could figure out what this is, and I hope you all the best. Just wanted to add that you are not alone, and don't let anyone tell you that it is in your head. How odd is it that we all have the same symptoms and the same problems with trying to figure out what it could be.