It's incredible that we're all having the same exact unexplained painful symptoms!!! I've had this on and off for 17 years. I'm now 48 y.o. female. I finally decided it's time to do everything I can to find out what's causing this, and I'm undergoing tons of medical testing. One test found that the upper part of my digestive tract digests food too fast, and the lower part goes too slowly. Currently I'm on Nortriptyline 50 mg daily - to see if this prevents migraine headaches, and abdominal migraines (if that's what I have). So far so good. I'm also taking 1/3 dose of Miralax daily so I go more often. I've learned that I hyperventilate and can't help it, during these vasovagal episodes (I can't be coached to breathe slowly - it doesn't work). I keep a trash can next to toilet so I can lean on it and not completely faint (you can turn it upside down) - and/or use it for vomiting. Or when you feel faint, hang your head down between your knees and hold yourself up by resting your arm on the toilet paper or anything else nearby. My episodes usually last 30 minutes, so I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel during the pain. These are called "dumping episodes" or "vasovagal episodes" so you can google those terms. I'm also lactose intolerant, but have these episodes even when I haven't had dairy. When I was a teenager, I had near-fainting and terrible cramps every time I got my period. I think the only way to prevent these dumping episodes is to go more often. Best of luck to everyone! Glad to know I'm not alone, unfortunately, but sorry to hear it, too.

The same thing just happened to me this morning around 3:45. It always wakes me up at those crazy times in the morning. It only happens 2 or 3 times a year a day or 2 before my period. I feel like dying! I feel helpless but after 10 to 20 minutes it's over. Not a lot of bowl comes out but the amount that does relieves the weakness, cold sweats and dizziness. Lying on the cold bathroom floor causes a bit of relief. I looked up what the doctors say is the problem but they aren't right. What causes this!?!?!?!!!

I am writing this as I sit on the toilet having on of my attacks :( nausea (but only thrown up a couple times), massive cramping to the point where I get dizzy but never pass out, always have a lot of diarrhea (sorry I know tmi), weak feeling (before, during, and about an hour after). Laying on the cold floor helps as well as taking a shower. All my symptoms stop when I let go of all the poo in my body (could sit on the toilet for about 45 mins to and hour, or run to the bathroom constantly as I do have a 3 yr old). I just feel this is destroying my life :( I have no clue who to even call about all this and my fiancé doesn't believe it could be that bad. Idk what to do :(

I have had the exact same symptoms and found that my blood sugar levels tend to drop right around the start of my period. I recommend looking into hypoglycemia and seeing if eating sugar helps your symptoms when you start to experience them. Some more people talk about the topic on page 6.

I started having these episodes in my teens. Waking up at night with gawd awful cramps, breaking out in a cold sweat and waiting for the diahrrea to come, which always provides relief. I would lay on the bathroom floor, as it was tiled and it felt good on my face. Unrelated but perhaps relevant; I had to have an emergency bowel resection eight years ago when my bowel was ruptured during a routine screening colonoscopy. I had a long conversation with the surgeon about some of the things I was experiencing while my intestines healed and went back to normal. He told me that intestines can be cut, burnt, torn and tied in a knot and it will not produce pain. However, fill them with gas so that they are stretched and it produces agonizing pain. I know this is probably TMI, but I ended up impacted after this surgery and had to go to the emergency room. Earlier that day, while uncomfortable from the impaction, I did not have any pain. Then, a brilliant doc returned my call (it was a holiday and he was on call) and told me to take Citrocal. I did, and while it churned things up in my upper intestines, all of that gas, stool, etc. had nowhere to go due to the impaction. Enter agony, that is pretty much the same type of pain that I experience when one of these episodes wakes me up in the middle of the night. I realize that none of us has a clinical explanation but I have to wonder if it is "simply" (ha!) eating something that ferments in the gut and produces gas. Somehow, it all creates pain that is almost always followed by loose diahrrea. That's my theory for the day. Meantime, I have one bad and one not so bad episode this last week, and I am going to make sure I do not eat after 5pm. I pretty much only drink "everything free" club soda and water, and I am going to cut back on the club soda, as well since it is carbonated. Oh, by the way, my sister suffers from the same thing so I wonder if it is commonly eaten foods or hereditary. She is a big fan of probiotics and claims it has lessened her episodes.

I was sitting in church last night and all at once i was nausa, sweating,feeling faint,ringing in my ears,weak as a kitten . What causes this?

I have had these symptoms since I was a child. I remember my father carrying me out of church after I passed out from the pain. Then diarrhea zero vomiting and sweating.
My DR's all said it's IBS. I take lots of vitamins, eat carefully and exercise. It still happens every so often.

I am 45 years old and female. This started happening to me about 15 years ago. The first time it happened, I was pregnant and thought it was food poisoning. The symptoms for me are always the same. Severe diarrhea, nausea, cramping, excessive sweating, and the feeling that I'm about to pass out or die. My episodes are so far apart, maybe once a year, sometimes skipping a year, so it's hard for me to connect the attacks to my eating habits. I am lactose intolerant but most of the time the episodes occur when I haven't consumed dairy. It definitely feels like my body is trying to purge something though. It happened again last night. The last thing I ate was a York peppermint patty. I fell asleep thirsty and woke an hour later with all the symptoms. (Maybe too much sugar and not enough water) I've been to the doctor but they can never find what's wrong and tell me to see a Mental Health care professional. Wish we could all go to the same doctor so they could find the common factor in us. We all have the same symptoms, different ages, female and male. What could other factors be? I live in Texas. I'm half native, half European descent. 5'2 103lbs. Pale skin, dark curly hair. I don't drink sodas or caffeine. I drink water and orange juice, sometimes herbal tea. I cook most of my meals so I consume very little processed food. Chicken is my staple with some fish and beef sprinkled in. Cauliflower, eggplant, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and celery are the veggies I most often consume. I seem to do ok with butter and cheese, but avoid milk and ice cream. I don't exercise for the sake of exercise, but I am active, and sometimes I hike or take the dog for a walk. Hopefully this helpful.

I'm so sorry you have the same as me however my attacks were far more frequent. Diagnosed with IBS 4 years ago my triggers are anything fatty, green vegetables, any fruit with pips, pastry and the list keeps growing. Food is key however, my biggest trigger is stress so a change in job helped greatly.My doctor was very good and after trying everything else we found for me Amitriptyline works great. Mostly used as an antidepressant but a great antispasmodic also. I take it at the first sign and once on top of the pain can go to the toilet and quickly recover. Hope you find something that works for you.

I have had all these symptoms for the last 7 years, bloating severe pain sweating , frequent bowel movements , nausea , just this morning I had to visit docs as the pain was unbearable . I have had 2 colonoscopy which discovered I suffer from microscopic ulcerative colitis , this was discovered with a biopsy of the colon . As of yet I haven't found anything that makes it better but lots which makes it much worse like coffee, flour chocolate and gravy . Any info much appreciated

Someone in this thread suggested Histamine intolerance. This is the best answer I have found. I've eliminated foods naturally high in histamine and already look and feel better.

Go get your hormones levels checked

You just described my life! Just had another episode tonight, something I haven't experienced in 2 years. Im glad to know I'm not alone. I've got a whole array of triggers, gluten and soy also being two of them. Only I'm not sure what got me this time. It can be quite discouraging when you think you finally have control of your body and the bam out of no where it goes in to full freak out mode. I sure with doctors had more knowledge behind these vasovagal responses. No woman should have to lay herself on the dirty bathroom floor of an old tire shop to avoid passing out.

Deejay, I know this is really late but just wondered if you have checked into abdominal migraines.

you all need to be on cbd oil. I had this problem until I startwd cbd oil.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use