im going through this. i wake up in the morning very nauses and gassy sometimes. my sleeps feel like im still awake and sleeping where i get heat flashes and weird butterflys and sometimes makes me poop thats how bad the butterflys are. idk what to do.

not sure if anyone else has gotten any weird stomach feels from this. i feel really bad anxiety i think.

I stopped smoking weed about 1 month ago. I had the exact same problem you are having with trying to fall asleep. It also seemed like I wasn't hungry and did not have the same eating schedule. I would sleep maybe 1 or 2 hours a night and eat maybe a snack all day. I suggest trying a Detox treatment. If you are going to stop smoking for good then it will get it all out of your system and I was able to eat and sleep again like normal.

i smoke around 5 50% joints a day, for the last 3-4 years, my tolerance to high for me to really enjoy wee like i used to. So i am trying to get in the habit of never smoking two days in a row. Some adive on how to quit, record your delears numbers on paper, and delet all your numbers. Further more take eough money out to live off for a week, then report you debt car as stolen. This takes your ability to get weed away, and makes a smaller mental conflict in your head.

however the coming off symptoms of weed are asstonishing and very rarley talked about, i feel like my life is pointless initially, food tastes terrible and it causes me never to be hungry, as i am so used to being high when i eat, i can not get comftable when i get in bed, regardless how late you go to bed.

I've been a dependant smoker for months at a time, basically since highschool; to the point where i'm smoking upto 50 bongs a day with tobacco) and i've had this horrible issue about 5 times now, i get out of hand and it's super addictive to me but i know i have to stop at times. Although I don't get any symptoms other than insomnia; I find getting drunk for a couple of nights when quitting pot helps with sleeping, in saying that i'm not the biggest fan of alcohol and have never replaced alcohol for weed which a lot of addictive minds can do. and doooont do that! pots better than that any day.

I've quit several times over the past 15 years. I can say the only thing I've done that helps with sleep is sleeping pills. If you can't get any of those 4 Benadryl works ok. Melatonin never helped me. The good thing is it's temporary, I'm a heavy smoker and I usually take about 4 to get a full nights sleep without any sleeping pills. So hang in there. I also have depression and if im not smoking I take antidepressants. Good luck!

Reading all these posts has given me comfort. It's reassuring, in a way, to know that so many people experience what I do. I want to share my own experience here, maybe it resonates with someone.

I've been smoking for 10 years. Mostly every day, but I've had a few breaks of varying duration. The longest I went without was maybe 6-7 months, but usually the breaks lasted a few weeks. I didn't have any desire to quit the first 5-6 years, it was all "smoke weed errday". I embraced it as a part of my identity, I loved weed and did almost everything stoned.
Very slowly, as my life unfolded, I started to notice the negative effects the weed had on my life. All the years of smoking has created a lifestyle where I have only three (now two, since one has moved to a different city) good friends, but no social life outside that. Also, all my friends smoke weed, so it's impossible to do anything without it. I've hardly had any girlfriends, because girls who smoke weed are few and far apart, and I used to think that people who didn't smoke weed were boring and not worth the time. Also, I hardly ever went out because staying inside and smoking used to seem like so simple fun as opposed to being out and about, getting to know new people.

Waking up in the morning used to be total c**p, because I went to bed 2 hours too late, and always smoking a joint right before going to bed. I used to smoke before work, but since I started working with kids in a kindergarten about 6 years ago, I stopped doing that. Even so, I found myself tired all day and disinterested in my work for about 5-6 of the 8 working hours. After 5-6 hours I started to become "myself" again, and I'd find much pleasure talking to coworkers and being with the kids. Then I'd go home, fire one up, smoke throughout the day and feel like sh*t again the next day. At first I honestly didn't realize it was the weed that did this. I thought maybe I wasn't cut out for this kind of work, or any work really, but I realize now it was all an excuse. After substantial experimentation I now know I am much more clear-minded and actually care about my own life and other people if I don't smoke.
This is a hard realization, because it inevitably leads to the thought that maybe I've wasted at least 5-6 years of my life. Maybe that's part of the reason why it took so long to understand the negative effect weed had/has on me.

Now it's been 4 days since I smoked. The last 5-6 months I've tried quitting 3 times, each try only lasting two weeks. Every time I've had horrible insomnia, as I've experienced earlier in life when taking breaks as well. My palms, feet and face are damp from cold sweat, my eyes are stinging, my body is lazy and tired and I've slept 5-6 hours in total these 4 days. I can manage school and work because in the daytime, I feel just as energized as if I had 8 hours of sleep (of course with the help of coffee), even though I feel weird and my mind sometimes go sluggish.

I have to say, I HATE this. I hate doing the same things to myself over and over again. I hate firing up a joint while thinking "don't do it, don't do it". I hate calling my dealer even though I promised myself not to earlier in the day (has happened a lot). I'm tired of having clear motivation to quit and a sound plan, only to relapse after a couple of weeks.

I have started to believe that the only way out is to quit for several years, to rewire the brain. I can't think of a single leisure activity that I want to do without smoking. Watch a movie, gotta smoke. Hike in the woods, bring some weed. Out drinking, go home early to smoke. To rid myself of thoughts like this, I've planned to move to a different city once I finish school in 6 months. Even though it makes me kinda sad (but kinda happy too), I have to get away from my friends and my connections, I have to develop a new life in a new place.

Reading all these posts have further convinced me this is a good idea. Even though it has made the burden of not sleeping a bit easier, it's sad to read that people have their life diminished because of weed, and even sadder to know that I'm one of them. It's like seeing oneself from the outside, realizing all my shortcomings. If I want a rich, healthy life with experiences I can be proud of, I have to stop, maybe forever.

This is possible. We can all do it. It's time to change the way we look at ourselves and our lives and stop using weed as a blindfold to avoid real life. If you can smoke once a week, great. If you have to quit forever, so be it. Whatever it takes.

its been 19 days snce i wrote. i havent quit yet its really hard after 2 days i went back. i wake up every morning nauses and having to sh*t to feel a little relief. i get randomly depressed throughout the day if no weed, i also feel like theres absoulutly nothing to do which contributes to anxiety/stress. after reading the post above me i really am gonna try. ive been in and out of hospital where they think its multiple things but cant find anything. its all a guessing game. i was even asked about marijuana by 1 g.i because he deapt with a few people that had stomach issues due to marijuana messing with appetite and more.

if i smoke i feel better which alot of people will say "thats cause weed doesnt give u problems" but if you think about it im basically depending on it and without it i feel shitty but on it my stomach needs a break maybe. i think it may have caused ibs symptoms in my gut.

This is all BS, i quit for a year, nothing changed couldnt sleeep had to quit my job

Wow, it's my brother from another mother. I'm in the same situation man. I'm 24 year olds now, I have 2 friends (3 at a pinch), only had sex with a few different girls (relationship? forget it) and just.. not enough real life experiences cause I was in love with the ganja and doing it alone in my room. Everytime I'm out I'm checking the clock and want to go home early for a smoke. If I have weed in the morning still and no appointments that absolutely one hunderd percent have to be attended you bet your ass I'm lighting up first thing and I'm doing f**k all for the rest of the day. Weed is keeping me content with a very simple, mostly empty life.

I've now quit for a week and the most depressing thing is being confronted with all those wasted years. Like my student life is over now, it's done, and I wasted far too much sitting alone in my room smoking up, listening to some music and playing videogames. What kind of shitty student life is that to look back on?

It's important to not look back too much though, gotta soldier on and keep improving. But it can be really hard. I'm very glad to read similiar experiences though. I don't really have solutions, I'm only now trying to figure out other stuff to fill my life with. The addiction itself is easy to kick apart from the sleepness nights. The hole it leaves is a lot harder to fill.

God bless all the lonely stoners still out there, may you one day find a more fullfilling life.

I've been smoking since the 5th grade. Neighborhood I was but I liked it and still do lol but it's hard to sleep without it but what I do is get some night quill zzzs lil dab on tongue y'all fall right out but always keep the tree for special times

Ive quit after 4 solid years of smoking 3 joints a day. The first week I couldn't sleep. Now by atleast midnight im out like a light. Don't worry it will pass but I advise you to never smoke it again, if you can free yourself from it then never look back! f**k weed and f**k anyone saying its a good thing.

Hey, I'm sure I'm a bit of an unusual case but I smoked for about 11 years, everyday on average about 5 (very big spliffs) a day. I quit because the career I am perusing. I quit 11 months ago now and I am still having trouble sleeping. Throughout the 11 years of smoking I never had any problems sleeping - in fact it was the opposite. Even after 11 months of no smoking I still struggle to sleep. I can go for 3 mile runs, go to work and still I will take at least an hour/hour and a half to sleep. I don't think I have a good sleeping regime to be honest but be prepared for insomnia to affect you for a while. I'm so much more happier after quitting - I am pursuing my dream career, have an amazing relationship and a lot more income at my disposal. I'm an extreme case so your insomnia shouldn't be too bad and should stop after a couple of months. I also starting getting burst outs of spots which have still not properly cleared up. All I would say is quit and deal wth the insomnia

Weed just amplifies things. Sitting there chilling seems pretty comfortable and enjoyable when your baked.... So sitting there doing the same type things are not going to be as cool. Thinking won't seem as happy but it's down to you to ...... 'wait cliche bomb'...... think positive! If weed is the only positive thing you like then maybe you need to find more hobbies or passions..... or win lottery and get dabbinggggggggggg

'The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything'

All the best to everyone