I'm 43 I cant sleep either. just short naps. just had a 30 min nap dreaming about other people going to sleep lol. herb is medicine. cigs alcohol and pills is the real problem. I cant say anything but go through the motions and thank god we aren't sleep for good. be blessed!

So, after 19 long pages of reading i must admit i actually feel relived, im a 26 y/o male from the uk, been daily smoking about 18 months, .5-1 gram / day, always at night 8pm+ and always over 2 joints, 1 kingy about 8-10pm and a one skin just before bed, this will be my first time quitting alltho ive had 2 breaks one for a fortnight other for less than a week, on both ive struggled immensely to sleep, its 6.36am at the moment, havent slept a wink. Unlike most posters here my girlfriend is/was a daily smoker ( same sizes times as me ect )

She is the polar opposite to me atm, shes actuallly asleep and has been for 6+ hours even though we didnt smoke last night she could sleep in a wheelbarrow and never has ang issues, me on the other hand is suffering like most people whove posted, ive finally admitted to myself i depend on weed to sleep, im not addicted to it, but without it i know ill withdraw.

Reading this guys story gives me so mich hope, im willing to put the work in to sleep naturally again, i nearly got my sleeping under control but did the usual "one joint wont hurt" and went back to daily smoking, im going to update this forum regularly about sleep and any other issues i might have during the first few weeks, told the mrs im done with this now my tolerance is sky high and the fact i know im depending on this drug to sleep is enough for me to finally take a step back from it, ive loved reading everyones stories and i think anyone going through it would feel the same.

D-91

2 different types of addiction body and mental pot is a mental addiction

I'm going through the same bro and it's not my first time. I've smoked since I was 16. Longest I smoked continuously was from19-21. Quitting after two years was a god damn nightmare to put it lightly. I'm 23 now and have danced with these withdrawals enough times to know that things get better. But it never gets easier. Just make the active daily decision that you're going to quit and remind yourself that it will be ok. There will be absolutely miserable moments, but do not give up or roll a joint! You can do it! We all can!

it ruins ur sensitivity to dopamine, that affects sleep, appetite, orgasm.
It's good to not smoke, it will give u COPD in the long run, marijuana induced psychosis.
Can't say I enjoyed occasional use, all day or nothing.
World can be a bummer, weed made it all fun, oh well, life isn't supposed to be that enjoyable..

Keep your mind focused on something mundane like counting numbers or sheep in your head until you drift away. Anxiety only makes insomnia worse.

This comment has jus made me think about quitting in a whole different light. Thank you. Im currently trying to force my eyes closed 3 days in and was halfway to calling for some but this has just sparked a light in me thank u

Meee again , on day 200 today. I left quite a few messages from page 16 where you'll see me from early on in giving up. Guys I was a massive smoker and grower and I've made it to day 200. Sleep is easy now providing I'm busy in the day and don't lie in to late. Don't think about weed at all now, but saying that I do miss the chill and that will never go away. I've saved so much money and my junk munchie intake is non exsistent. Just thought I'd leave a post to show that there are people out there that can keep it going . Keep focused keep strong if you do break and have a smoke you'll gonna feel so sh*t and guilty so let it pass, gets easier

I see a lot of posts about insomnia from people who have smoked for a few months an say they are unable to sleep . I quit 1 week ago after smoking for 20 years so I'm hoping it's not the case that the longer you have smoked it the longer it takes your body to get used to not having it an relaxing enough on it a own to allow sleep. Struggling at the moment , even sitting down I'm pouring sweat out from withdrawal im guessing, stressed but that's expected as I've come off something that's relaxed me for 1000s of days. I must say though overall I feel better off it an I am determined not to smoke it again. Hang in there as I'm sure the sleep will come eventually, hoping so anyways :)

Also I find that I'm lying down an my heads ticking over thinking about things (EVERYTHING ) . My brains not used to this much thinking lol . But that's another reason I guess sleep does not come easy

I used to preach that same sh*t. Till I tried quiting like everyone else on here. I'm literally up at 6:51, and haven't even gone to bed yet. When you make it a daily routine day in day out for years your bodies chemistry physically is used to having it. This blows. Stay bout a song mind. I'm setting out my Pitts while chivering

I can't believe there so many out there I've found everyone's stories helpful in some way and hoping someone will find mine just the same. I'm struggling within myself reading all of these. I see that I want to stop. I'm 21 smoked at social gatherings since 18 but then since mid last year I picked up smoking more to the point some days I'd smoke almost 8 a day. August 2015 I was raped and have never seeked professional help dealing with this. I only told a friend this June and that was because I was drinking and a guy held me by the waist and was grinding on me after I had said no I didn't want to dance that was like a switch has flipped and I was scared cause the memory of the night I was raped flashed back in my head. i don't know where to start weed helps me escape my own head when my thoughts and memories become too much. I also discovered my estranged father has 2 boys who are the round about the same age as the length we've been in the uk ( long story short he lied to me my brother and mum) he broke my mothers heart and the one little girl in me that still believed she'd be reunited with her dad. Smoking release doepemens which make you feel good about yourself and the thc gets you high so you feel even better your problems become smaller and you seem to believe they can all be dealt with in one go following day. When tomorrow actually comes I feel even worse because I know what it is I want but somehow feel so far away from achieving it. I don't wanna be defined by terrible acts that happened when I couldn't control them. I need to stop blaming myself for what two pathetic, desperate, excuses of human beings did to me. I need to stop wondering if my father all the way across the world with his "chosen family" feels any remorse, does he regret hurting his flesh and blood. Why doesn't he love me. He's meant to love me All the time, money blood sweat tears my mother worked herself to provide us while she sent him money too(before she found out). My mother isn't well now and part of me feels it's got something to do with over working herself.my aunt is struggling she believes her daughter, my little 16yr old cousin has been groomed. I've gained weight over the year or 2 due to also over eating so the munchies don't really help. But food is another comfort that I struggle to find a healthy balance with. So much hurt and all I wanna do is make it go away for my mum for my aunt,cousin, me brother. I understand I can't. I don't know where to start with myself I just want to tell my mum everything but I know that would only burden her and I fear how she'd see me I fear how everyone would see. As a victim that's why now and for a little while weed has just helped me keep up the facade of appearing worry free and content by allowing to me to
zone out from what troubles me the most and I know I can't go on like this any longer. I've never thought of myself as addicted til I came on here so please any words of advice.

I am sitting here, just half past midnight, but haven't been able to sleep for the past three hours and wondering if my guy is available. It's been three days since I have smoked and I feel a lot of energy, but at the wrong time. After reading these posts, you all have given me motivation to continue. I don't plan to fully quit, but recent events have made me come to the decision that I need to get my head out of the clouds for a bit. More power to all of you and I hope my comment can give hope like the others have given me hope.

Ho lee f**k. When I smoke consistantly I can fall asleep whenever I want. I am being tested for a job soon and needed to quit. It is currently 5:43 am as I type this and still don't feel any closer to falling asleep, the only thing that could close the gap is me firing a bullet through my f*****g skull but I love p***y so I ain't gonna do that. I'm also white

Who calls weed choof?
We're you born in B.C