I'm going through it right now. I used an old razor I found under the cabinet, was heavy handed and went against the grain. I also used a little bit of soap and not much soak time in the shower. All big no-nos. I knew as soon as I did it I had razor burn. My boyfriend and I had intercourse that night and it burned. Next day, my stupid self used the same razor again. Idk why?? I just did it. That night we had intercourse again. It burned so bad we had to stop. The next 2 days it progressively got worse. Red, raised bumps. I could see the black hair follicle in each red bump. They started forming blisters. I was horrified I had herpes. Went to the doctor and was told I had folliculitis. (Sp?) not only that but vaginitis too. What happened is a infection of my razor burn. Not only did my dirty nasty razor spread bacteria all over (second time I used it on an open rash) but my bf and I having sex introduced his bacteria to mine and caused a severe infection and rash... which has now spread downwards and is honestly some of worse pain in my life. I have blisters anywhere there's a hair follicle. The only relief is to soak in epsom salt and I think that burns like hell. I'd advise to skip the epsom salt and use warm warmer for soothing. I was given 2 antibiotics and told I would start getting relief in 48 hours. I'm on approx 36 hours and I'm absolutely miserable. I've def learned my lesson. The folliculitis combined w the vaginitis is so painful. I watch to scratch it so bad but it hurts way too bad to do that. I've learned my lesson (I'm 42 btw and shouldve known better) and Will never, ever use a dirty razor again. I have a new respect for waxing. Or even al la naturale... anything but this. So for any of you who are worried about Herpes, don't panic. But you do need to go to the doctor if it's painful and spreading. You need antibiotics and peace of mind. Good luck to you.

I had EXACTLY your same story and it turned out to be HSV 1... NOT the end of the world. Basically just a skin infection. Be well.

I'm going.through the exact exact same thing as well and i did the exact same thing, using a razor, sex afterwards, razor again, then sex again, I was miserable for 4 days, now it's day 5 I feel better, I did use Desitin cream and it helped, there is a burning and cooling sensation all at once but hours after it feels way better, doc diagnosed me with follicule disorder, folliculitus, I assume. As well as a uti. Yes I said the same, I will European wax from now on and use Veet hair removal cream for sensitive skin, anything better than shaving. Worse part is being paranoid wondering if it's herpes smh, I get my results tmm but I know it's not an std, I'm just dumb and shaved dry and had sex after, and did it twice smh

That sounds more like herpes sorry to agree.with your Dr

Your exact problem is happening to me now. How do I fix this

Did you shave your pubic hair recently.What soap or shave cream did you use?

What was it?

The same things happening to me now and it’s gotten bigger And stings to go toilet also when I pee I’m don’t know what to do but the burning really hurts I been using cream and it seems to help a bit until I neecto go toilet again

I’ve had the same issue never had it before but I’ve found that wearing loose clothing whilst having the sores as regularly applying savalon cream helps whilst taking vitamin tablets, I tried antiseptic sudocream and it actually just irritated it more savalon helped a lot, after it healed I shaved again and the exact same thing hasn’t happend in the future try shaving down it won’t leave you smooth but it will prevent leaving you sore.

I totally agree with you.
I recently used a new brand of razors and shaved my pubes. I shaved against the grain and it resulted in some of the hairs growing back in like porky pine needles with red open sores.
I'm devorced now but I just got tested for STDs in Febuary because my husband had been cheating on me. The tests came back saying that I'm free of any STDs.

If you are still getting razor burns I recommend a heating pack, might sting at first but ends up feeling rlly good

I'm experiencing the same thing. I did a number of this prior to the reaction that's why I'm calm and nervous at the same time. although it doesn't look attractive I still went to my obgyn and he is very attractive. I rather know wtf is going on then to not know over embarrassment. i shaved ( left razor in the shower ) felt a slight burning sensation right after I got out of the shower. Had sexy with my boyfriend unprotected ( like always ) but right after the burning was worse. It started out as a small burning feeling and then it spreading to some bumps but my anal and top of my vagina where I always shave and always have a slight irritation but this time is scary. Did anyone send pictures ? I need answers my obgy says it doesn't look like anything that needs to be treated right away which is a relief but I'm still scared and still irritated

I get pretty much the same thing, but I don't use a razor I use a trimmer with a blade that is a tiny bit smaller than a razor. A few years ago I trimmed and cut my self on lower left side. I got a couple of blisters and got really scared. I went to my doctor and they said they ran a test and it came back I had both kinds of herpes. Mind you they gave me the results like 15 mins later. I have never have any blisters ever before including my mouth. So it's like 3 yrs later and every single time I trim I get the blisters ( 1 to 2) never any other time. My husband who I've been with now 7 yrs doesn't have herpes. So my question is what kind of test did my doctor run in just a few minutes time? Also why do doctors automatically jump to its herpes? I didnt trim for over a year just because I didn't want to get them but it got too wild down there, so I trimmed a few days ago. Now a little burn sensation then itchy, now a little blister. And if I keep it clean and dry it will go away faster I noticed, and be really careful when wiping area. So what is it??

OMG I am so happy I found all these comments because I'm going through the exact same thing and have been freaking out not able to find any answers online. I'm freaking out because for the past 5 days I've had some kind of weird rash that is only progressing on my labia majora area it's not on or in my actual vagina its only on the right side next to it. I assumed it was bad razor burn because I had shaved with an old razor and I was in a rush so I may not have put enough soap and was going fast. After shaving I was extremely itchy in this area not realizing why but I kept scratching it and then I noticed I had 3 bumps/sores that were oozing it's seemed I had broken the skin. Now a ton more have appeared, it's very itchy and also burning. They are larger and much more red. The exact same thing as everyone else is describing. I am not able to shave because of it. I used hydrocortisone cream on it the first 2 nights then I used A&D ointment for 2 days after that but neither were helping so I've been using eucerin aquafor but that isn't working either. I feel hideous and having severe anxiety from this

I'm in the medical field and darling you never should be embarrassed to go to doctors they seen much worse and are there to help u they don't judge, and would rather you go in sooner than later that way it's easier to trear