Hi I'm so sorry to hear about your concerns but there is no need to panick. I'm 20 and have had my gall bladder removed 3 weeks ago after a long wait. Since then, yes I agree I have gained 2 stone altogether but I think its because I know I'm ok now and can eat what I like without being in absolute agony. I felt really ashamed of myself because I lost 1 stone in a week due to chronic pancreatitis and pseudocyst on my pancreas and then a further 1 stone a couple of months before my surgery. But I have realised I've gotta kick my own backside and try and do something about it instead of feeling sorry for myself...having the surgery may have made me gain weight but I would rather have that than the pain that I had for almost 2 years. I would suggest you have a chat with your surgeon or GP if you are worried, but the surgery is the best thing to have done in this situation. I wish you all the best.

No offense but if you've had this done 3 days ago you have no idea what's in store for you for the next couple weeks. I felt fine for months after my surgery and then it all went to hell.

dam dam dam i hope ure looking forward to buying bigger cos it will come ,Yes ure weigh will start an maybe the pain like stich where the gall bladder was ,also look forward to a blow fish like belly ,to be honest we all have said the same thing on this site .....NOT LOOKING GOOD IS IT,   mine was 2013 march i was so pleased to be rid of the nitemare BUT now i am facing another one called weight gain an stich .............but its was better then been rushed to the hospital every time it came on 8hrs each time glad i had it gone now got to be carefull for the down fall of the weight . AND on a lighter note sod it live with it dont let it get you down WE ARE ALIVE to moan about it so come on guys SMILE an sod the rest xx trina

I am going to be 33 in a few months. I had my glabadder remover over 4 years ago. Had no clue I had 8 large stones in there. Since they was so large n so many they said they needed to remove the organ. Since the than -as each year pass I give up on another food that hurts me by either heartburn, acid reflux, bloating, n so on.... I didn't notice til now thinking back but - before it was removed I weighted 110 within 6 months 135 and I have gain now a total of 55 lbs. (165) I have tryed losing weight like I did when I was done having four kids - didn't work. I tryed doing what I did after leaving my husband- no go there. I tryed not eating meat, just eating meat, cut out grease,salt, and nothing works. What the heck is the problem .....

Am curious if you continued to have no problems following surgery. Mine wasn't immediate either, but gradual and constant until I had gained 20 pounds. I ate better...and less, and exercised more, but it had absolutely NO effect on the weight change. Going to try digestive enzymes to see if that will help. I hope you haven't had additional issues, though, that would be awesome since so many folks seems to have varying issues following the surgery.

I had mine removed almost 3 years ago and I am having the same problem!! I am 55 and no matter what I do, I CANNOT LOSE A SINGLE POUND!! I eat the same as I did before and my friends tell me I eat like a bird. What is the deal!!!! Is there a supplement we can take to help with the digestion process now that we no longer have the benefit of the bile in the gallbladder? Help!!!

If you find anything that helps. Let me know... I have the same problem. I exercise, eat healthy and are not able to lose the weight. The only thing that helps me with the bloating, by eliminating anything with sugar.