Try this site. This is a great diet list to follow. This link should take you directly to the gallbladder diet. If you need other diets look at the list on the upper right side. I have not had my surgery yet (I go 2/15), but I have been following this diet and intend to after the surgery.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

i had my gallbladder taken out in 2000. after a yr or so i started gaining the weight, i started having stomach pains, when i went to the er , they gave me a gi cocktail and it helped with the pains for a while then after that would wear off, i was hurting again. the dr finally after 7 yrs put me on protonix, 7 yrs later because i was having terrible acid reflux and heart burn. a friend of mine her dr put her on the protonix before they took her gallbladder out.protonix is a proton pump inhibitor. it helps so the functions of what the gallbladder did.the medicine(protonix:generic version is panapropazal) is very expensive. i had bc/bs insurance and i still paid about $100.00 without insurance i am paying about $113.00 a month.before i got that medicine the drs had me on 2-75mg of zantac in the morning and 2-75 mg zantac at nite it helped for a while, but i guess my body got use to the medicine and needed something stronger.the protonics i have taken for a yr and i have problems but not many a yr. talk to your drs and see if the protonix is not a good option for you.

I had my gall bladder taken out just over 2 weeks ago. I have been on a liquid diet for the first few days, and graduated to very lean chicken, organic fruits and veggies, and boost or another breakfast drink of some kind. I lost over 30 pounds since my gall bladder acted up. My weight has now stabalized and i have moved on to more solid foods. Here is the kicker though..The reason you wont find a set menu is no one person has the same diet! Some can eat greesy stuff again..some find that they can not. I am one that can not. I have had speggetti with organic sauce and whole wheat nooddle, very tasty.

Here are some suggestions that i have been able to eat, with out the terror of a 4am "attack"
-Chicken Breasts (skinless-cooked or grilled)
-fresh whitefish (nonbreaded)-(grilled or baked)
-broccolli
-cauliflower
-grapes
-strawberrys
-organic fat free milk
-yogarts
-breads
-vegetable based soups
-fat free popcorn
-popcicles
-frozen yogarts
-speggitti w/very lean meat
-ground turkey (use it for anything!)
-Organic biotic free bacons
-organic eggs
-gingerale
-butter blends
-salt/pepper/garlic spices
-peanut butter
-organic jelly
-organic waffles
-chesse
-rice
-noodle sides
Here is what i tried and failed with(post surgery)
-grape juice
-ice cream sandwhich
-licorice
-

Here is what i have not tried
-ham
-pork chops
-hot dogs

Here is a DO NOT eat list (they may tell you everything will go back to normal, but i find most people still have troubles, which leads me to believe there is problems with the sphincter(sp) or IBS.

-Greesy anything!!
-pop
-SMOKING
-fake cheese
-deep fried stuff
-pizza
-fast food (subway being ok)

anyways, its a work in progress, and feeling the "attack" pains after surgery means, it really wasnt a gall bladder issue, or perhaps your not healed yet. I spoke with some people that say it took them over a year(not longer then 18 mo) to get back to eating the same c**p they always have..but why? establish healthy orgain treee-based diet, stop googleing every symptom or you may think you have cancer, and dont eat anything questionable! get vitimins from veggies, get calories from breakfast drinks, and eat a chicken mean daily..all will be well my friend

i had surgery on tuesday got staples which are pain ful i have not been able to eat to much as i ge full very quicklyh. i have just had some shpeherd pie, pizza, garlic bred, wedges and was bloated and slightly in pain. reading blogs feel fit fustrated that may be i should have tried other remedies to get rid of pain not had my gaul baldder taken out.

I had my gall bladder out about 6 weeks ago and the only thing I can eat that doesnt make me have pain or feel like puking is honey nut cherrios and pretzels. I try to eat other things too. I tried to eat rice and steamed carrots today and was so sick to my stomach and so much stabbing pains. Good Luck. Everyone is different I also get the hots and colds.

I just had my gallbladder out two days ago (11th) and was home the following day  - I am a skinny fit young woman and I find im hurting a little bit and am scared to eat certain food myself - I had a small tuna sandwich (no butter) last night and some melon and pretty much eating soups, Sometimes I struggle to sleep as the gas is still in my body and seems to only affect my shoulders :( I had a tube inside me over night after the op and It felt AMAZING to have it out and I could walk properly and I think that would be the main reason I have pain, My family and partner say I look better already! I must admit I do feel better with it gone and the pain has improved since yesterday!

If I had the choice to have it out or not (I had to due to pancreatitis) I would definatly have it and the best thing is to get up and move around as much as possible! My partner helped me shower this morning which means progress and I am trying to get on and do my own thing again as I want to get back to work asap rather than sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Warm drinks such as peppermint tea and homemade soups will help you on your way.

Just had my gall bladder removed Tuesday evening.  Wish I had known to ask for a stool sampler as the first BM was like having a baby.   I stayed on a low fat diet just toast with nothing on it on multi grain bread and half a bananna. Drink lots of water to flush the meds that they gave out of your system.      True to source once I got thru the constipation now its diahrrea.      Eat small meals and no fats, eggs are ok, yogurt seems alright no fat soups, oatmeal, jello.   And so far that is all I tried, I had a bran muffin to help with the constipation.       Also boiled potatos were ok.  Think I will cook some quinoa as it is excellent protein.         Good Luck everyone.

When I had my gall bladder taken out a few years ago, my doctor said I could eat whatever I wanted as soon as i wanted.  Don't know where u guys get your info.

hi i had mine out 1 yr ago im still sore in my tummy , i go to the washroom all the time as soon as i eat . my pain lasted about 4 months i could not even work . i hope your is better .

Hi , I just had my gallbladder removed laprospically 2 days ago ...the doctor told me to eat light & low fat I have severe gas pains that radiated to my right shoulder. It lasted 24 hrs and was very painful . I found walking around helped to break up the gas , but it didn't leave my shoulder until approx. 24 hrs later. And then it went to my stomach . I am scared to eat . Everything gives me gas pains. I had toast ,2 slices of turkey on bread , pretzels , and mashed potatoes . I am constipated . What should I eat?

I had my GB out 5 weeks ago and I really miss it.  Granted I had pain but since the laparoscopy I have had problems digesting.  I will eat normally but sometimes it will be 2 or 3 days before I go to the bathroom.  I also have cramping and gas.  It's not really sexy I have to say.  In addition I will suddenly become weak and have to eat something.  For this reason I know have a stash of snacks wherever I go.  My wife had hers out 20 years ago and she said she eventually stabilized and has no problems today.  Everyone is different so I do hope she is right and I will eventually find a happy medium.  If anyone has encouraging information please let me know.

You shouldn't wat fat, but drinking two tablespoons of oil every day is not high fat? That is, frankly, insane. And why would poultry be a problem? Chicken breast is about the only meat safe to eat with gallstones, why would it be worse with no gallbladder? That's nonsensical. There is no need for all this faddish claptrap. Eat good low-fat foods and test everything. That's all you need to know.

In my expereince, this post has it right. You need to test foods before eating much of them. I base this on my experience of managing my pre-surgery diet very carefully to remain healthy enough to buy time for other tests and make sure that removal was needed. For me, it pointed to being needed since I had bad symptoms like night sweats, heart pumping oddly (though I never had it investigated it was always at night when I was having an episode), low blood pressure, head feeling odd, eyes aching. I got to the point that I steamed all veggies to pretty tender after a few healthy meals involving salad triggered me into episode. I should not that I did not have stones per the ultrasound but that HIDA showed 23% ejection rate. However, by drinking a lot of apple juice, I feel that I passed some stone -- the doc insist they were not stones. But once you've looked at 100 or so poops you get to know what's what pretty well -- and there's a lot of variety! Anyhow, I would suggest that all can benefit from a better diet and that a crappy diet (even intermittently for some like myself who leans to health food at times) is what got most of us here in the first place. Arguably, I think some gall issues are also due to chronic constipation, which can have a whole bunch of causes. If you know someone who goes a long time with that condition, I'd suggest you encourage them to seek advice on reversing that with diet and supplement changes (magnesium!) in order to avoid the risk of gall complications -- perhaps years later. So embracing a lower-fat diet and avoiding junk food is good for us even if it didn't represent a know issue for gall-less people! But, for most of us, it's pretty essential for optimizing our digestion, imho. I did not go into probiotics, digesting enzymes and vitamins/minerals here but that, too, is important in my view. To better health!

Hi my husband & I have both had our gallbladders removed . Hubby 0n 28th Feb 2013 mine 28 Mar 2013.He had lots of litle stones and I had a 2.3cm rock.  Hubby had no problems at all and was back weeking week 2 he would have gone earlier but I put my foot down lots of lifting, carrying etc in his job. Diet is the same nothing has upset him. Apart from being sick just after surgery and slight pain around my belly button for 4 -5 days I have also recovered well.No diet issues so far for me either. I highly recommend the op especially if you had the pain my husband did, extreme stomach pain and through to the back with vomiting everyday for a week until found out what it was.

I just had mine removed at 10am this morning.  I was told start your first meal with liquids and add in bland starches.  I had broth and saltines, took a nap, and just add honey nut cereals dry.  I'm going to take my time, but really need to sip on some coffee to avoid a migraine from caffeine withdrawal.  Everyone else's comments have been very helpful! 

On a side note: We order our beer by the quarter and it's organic/grass feed and very lean, anyone have an experience with this type of beef?