BEEF, not beer. I can't wait until my head is clean again! hahaha

I had my gall bladder removed years ago and after the initial pain from the surgery and during healing, I have been able to eat anything I want.  That includes fried food, fast food, whatever!  I did have a problem with digesting lettuce and had to cut out salads (or find a bathroom quickly) but I eat salads all the time now.  My suggestion is to think positively, take your time adding foods back into your diet and learn from any mistakes you might make.  Continued pain?  No, none at all after the healing time.

Don't be afraid.  If your doctor says you need surgery and you have had problems with the gall bladder in the past, take his advice and don't listen to a bunch of old wives tales!

Beef reacts differently with everyone just add it in slowly is what I was told. I had mine taken out 2 days ago and other than being weak I am doing good. Ate my first food yogurt and a peach. Just take it slow introducing foods is what everyone has told me.

I am having mine removed this Wednesday, and I was planning my shopping list ahead of time. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

So I had my gallbladder removed a week ago the day after I had the worst pain like a gallstone attack went to the er they done scans and what not and come up with nothing my liver enzymes were raised alittle but was normal for post op so I got pain meds and on my ways 3 days past i felt ok not the best still but I put it Down the op then I got more really bad pain went to the er again they gave me pain meds again down more blood test my liver enzymes were 3x what they were 3 days ago done more scans not most of the gas was gone from my tummy from op the found a stone in the common duct so I got transferred to a bigger hospital were they put a camera down my throat in to my stomach to check all up and down my left an right duct and pancreas were they put a ballon in an blow it up and drag it down all 3 area to clear any stone this was done yesterday so finger crossed no more pain hope this helps some one

I had gallbladder removed yesterday, goggling to find any foods to avoid. Hospital says everything is fair game, nothing to avoid since I have been healthy with no health issues.  Surgery 10pm, next morining had scramble eggs, hashbrowns, for breakfast with applesauce and salad leaves and water.  Day two now at home, had scramble egg in wild rice and tangerine orange and water and feel great.  Thank God for the pain meds.  Will be exercising with the breathing inhale exerciser from the hospital.  I will avoid:  Butter (will be hard)  Fried foods, Red Meat, Avoid anything made of corn syrup or sugars, Avoid breads and any flour/gluten/grain made food like crackers and cookies (will be hard) Eat MORE VEGETABLES! Feel great and blessed to feel good and not have any trouble others are having in posts here.

Wow. Good luck and take good care........

I had mine removed yesterday too i have eaten as normal crisps fruit and salad had coffee tea got no pain everything is normal even had buscuits in the hospital after op pickles cheese pork pie all eaten today

the cafe at the hospital I had surgery fed me whole food (like bbq chicken and everything) 3 hours after my surgery. No way is that possible to eat, I would suggest something very light. For example, grits, Mac and cheese or potatoes.

I was wondering the same. ( surgery 1/29)I had a bowl of soup with some vermicelli noodles in it. So far so good holding it down.

Hello, Thank you for writing this post. I am having my gallbladder removed on Tuesday and reading this is very helpful. Is there any other advice you recommend?

Thank you for that P.S. note bc I have blurry vision and I don't what's causing it,it's just ammunition bc I can barely see to read posts and comments about what I should be eating. Plus I love to read so I thought I'd stay reading during my recovery but that's proving to be no longer an option

HOW!! I just got mine out and I won't dream about eating those things for another six months! As of now, I get by with eating things like Popsicles and Gatorade for some flavor.

Bile salts pills are suppose to help

I had my gall bladder removed on Wednesday night. I ate a mixed fruit and yogurt smoothie from the hospital that next morning. Drank lots of water. I ate a Greek yogurt 4 hours later. I had outshine fruit popsicles and applesauce. I ate instant mashed potatoes and made it through that 1st day after with incision pain only. 2nd day I was constipated. I drank smooth move tea. I ate progresso 99% fat free chicken noodle soup. 1/2 can an tolerated well. I ate to pieces of plain white bread. One in morning and other in afternoon. I drank a juice it up watermelon, strawberry and mango smoothie in the evening. Tolerated all well. Today I woke up and finally passed all the constipation. I feel cleared out and 5 lbs lighter. I was able to eat some pasta and marinara sauce. An English muffin with some sauce and a little bit of low fat mozzarella cheese. I tolerated all of it and I have been drinking tons of water. I still have incision pain, but the gall bladder pain in my stomach, back and lower back is completely gone. I am doing the Weight Watchers diet and walking. I walked 1200 steps the first day. 1450 steps the second day. And today I walked over 5000 steps. Even got out of the house and walked around Target with my Mom. I hope all this helps. I'm still recovering and wish you all the best.

Potatoes are a nightshade, like tomatoes and eggplant. Maybe that's a group you'll need to stay away from.