Dear Anggie,

if the bumbs are just on your pelvis and if you can squeeze them like a zit, I think that's all it is, just a little pimple. They could also be ingrown hairs from shaving, but because of the puss I don't think that's what it is. Another possibility is a cyst. None of these things are too much to worry about, unless they become infected or don't go away.
I doubt it is an STD, but if they keep giving you trouble or if you are still afraid, go see your doctor.

Heyy Guys ..

I'm Only 12, not sexually active OR have my periods..

I Have found these lumps on the outside of my vagina.. i thought they were pimples but after hpours of agonising pain to tru\y and get rid of them i realised they wernt pinples.

I shave my vagina as my pubic hair can be seen when i wear swimmers and i shave the opposite way may this be causing it ??

When i was little i used to have these but i was comfutable to talk about it with my mum so it was okay .. every night i would sit undeer alamp and use a pin to get rid of them..

Please don't tell me to visit my GP becauise then i would have to tell my mum and i am to embarressed about it ..

Thanks Heaps Guys

Hey, okay so I have noticed that I am not the only one having this kind of issue. I am sexually active but up until two days ago, i hadn't had any kind of interaction in MONTHS, i woke up tis morning and was a little sore down there and when i looked there was a red bump it was kinda hard...so i automatically FREAKED!!! There is no way it could be Herpes or anything...but still it hurts and its scary.

I did however just get off my period..and i do shave frequently there so i am hoping that maybe those may be the causes..

But it is nice to know that i am not the only one out there that is having this problem and if it continues i will go see my dr.... :-(

You guys have no idea how much a relief this is to me. I've been terrified that I'm some kind of freak going through this unheard of problem.
:$
I'm 13, going to be 14 in a month, I'm not nor have I ever been sexually active, in fact I've never even kissed a boy. One night I felt sore down there so I looked and I had a rid zit type thing. I kind of freaked a bit. I squeezed it and puss and blood came out. Now where it was I still have a white scar-like bump thing where it was, and that happend quite a while ago. Once in a while I get more, I've had about 3 or 4 so far, and they really worry me. They're on the part where the hair grows, and if I remember correctly I got my first one not long after I starting shaving down there. I shave rather frequently so I think it's maybe because of that? I've never talked to anyone about it because I'm deathly embarrassed, but if I can't get it to go away soon then I think I'd better come out of the closet with it to my mom. But again, I'm just so relieved to see that this seems rather common, I don't feel so alienated or worried anymore.

I've talked to my doctor about this and she informed me that it's just part of growing up. I'm 19 and my hormones are still flying all over the place. It will eventually clear up as your hormones settle down. When that will happen is still unknown. But like the other have said before, make sure you keep clean down there and don't wear tight underpants. Also, baby powder or medicated powder can help with irritation.

I too have had this same problem since I was about your age. Random pimple-looking bumbs just popping up whenever and where ever. I just want to let you all know that it is NOTHING to worry about. They are JUST pimples, like you get on your face. Pop them once and get it all out, and they will go away. I usually get them when I shave too often or when I'm hot and sweat a lot. Don't worry ladies, nothing to worry about :-)

I used that veet bladeless razor to shave my bikini line when
I was like about 14 and shortly after i got those bumps and then a long time
after i used it i realized that it said not to use on bikini/genital
area. And now they wont go away. Now Im 15 and they are worse I try popping them. But they always come back. And now i have a lot of dark spots and bumps across the top and on the sides and idk what to do. Im so
scared for a guy to see me naked now i dont know what to do its so embarrsing its horrible. I asked my friends about it and they said
thay dont get bumps. So yeah idk what to do :[

im sixteen and i have the same problem. its kinda scary honestly. i am sexually active but i've been getting these weird pimples by my vagina sicne i was about 14, before i became sexually active. i tried to pop it and it was really really sore, but white stuff came out of it and it got a little flatter but no much. i wanna get rid of them because theyre so embarrassing!!! mine only come like every blue moon but maybe it has something to do with the fact that i shave my vagina. i hate hair down there, its so manly to me! i cant just stop shaving it though because thats completely gross if i stop! i'll look like a guy down there!

Hi! I am 19 and I think that i can help you all out a little bit.
First of all- those of you who get red bumps or little red pimply things that are uncomfortable when you shave or shave too often- that is razor burn (shaving irritation)

my advice? either let yourself have some hair and keep it trimmed and neat OR
shaving irritation is caused by moisture, amongst other things. immediately when you get out of the shower apply a baby powder to the area and when you dry off dust off the powder and if youre still nervous, try an aftershave, like men use. That helps them stop shaving irriation and it can help you.

but for others who are experiencing actual pimples on your vulva, I cannot offer much advice. I too, have painful lumps (about the size of a dime, two of them) on my outer labia. They do not have an exposed head and I have had them checked by a gynocologist, they are not genital warts or herpes.
all I can offer to you, ladies is to keep yourselves clean, change your underwear everyday and if there is something that concerns you, tell your mom and she can take you the doctor who can tell you if something is wrong with you. no one can diagnose you over the internet and you ladies need to become proactive about you and your vaginal health.
also, while you are all still young, use talk to your doctor about using gardisil.
protect yourselves for the future.

hi guys i too have small bumps on the inside of my vagina and im scared to death i am a virgin I havent even had a boyfriend and i dont know what they are i m scared they dont hurt me or anything although somtimes I do have some vaginal discharge please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Ok, so I am a 30 year old....and I too am a virgin! Crazy I know, but it's true. I have never had these "pimples" before and then last year, my doctor changed my birth control method, and I started shaving completely down there. Not long after these changes, I started getting these "pimples" too. I was concerned a little, but then they went away....and knowing that I was not sexually active, I didn't think much of them. So then the next time that I had my menstrual cycle, which only happens 3 times a year for me, I got them again. I started to get a little more concerned, and started researching online about them.
I, like most of you, found nothing about them, and was only more worried when I saw all the pictures and the articles of warts and other horrible STD's. I also asked around in my circle of friends, and found that it is a pretty common thing. I just found this site tonight, and it confirmed what I had decided was probably the cause....pimples caused by oil, allergies, dirt, and changes in your hormones. I am very relieved, as I know most of you are too.
Having said that, I will also agree with the others who have said that if you have questions that you are too scared to talk to your parents about, you should really check into planned parenthood and other clinics. Or, if you can't find a way to do that.....check with your school's counselors or the sex-ed teachers. There REALLY is NOTHING to be ashamed of girls! There is no reason that you should feel ashamed about having questions. If you are not sexually active, and you are concerned, don't be afraid. I know how it feels to be embarrassed about "personal" things, I wouldn't even buy my own tampons or pads untill I was 18! But once you reach adulthood, you realize that EVERYONE goes through these same things, and there is no reason to be in the dark about your health issues!
I am also going to talk to some people (my doctor, the school where I work, etc....) about adding these type of symptoms to the curriculums of our school sex-ed programs, so that maybe someday soon we will be better informed of the things that happen to our bodies, and won't have to be so afraid!
Thank you all for your posts.....it was nice to see that so many other people had the same confusion as I did about this....and even nicer to see that there was a place to find some answers!
Good luck girls.

I started getting these about age 13 when I started having periods...and at 22, I still get them they come and go...and they are annoying! But I knew they were harmless because I wasn't having sex back then!

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

im 13 & ive got the same problem, i thought id look it up on the net & find out because im too embarassed too ask anyone.. im not sexually active & i just finished my period a few days ago, so i am thinking it is from the pads or something, im still really worried though ;[..
mine are just on the edge of my bikini line though..

Hey there. I'm 17 and am a little concerend myself about this. I am not sexually active at all. I seem to see these more when I shave and I usually keep is shaved as I go through my period. I am allergic to basically every pad out there except kotex and I might be becoming allergic to these to. It very well may be from the pads. Thanks for sharing this though, it helps me a lot.

Hey ladies i am boy and i have these symptoms so its not because of the pads and i heard that you shouldnt pop them or else infection may occur thank me if i helped ^_^

ok when i was 21 i got a pimple on the inside lip of my vagina as all you girls are doin i freaked out.. so i asked my friend who rang ger mum she said it was normal and it will go away

i dont get them all the time but every now and then i do and i just pop them and they go away

but i had still sometime thought they could be herpes so reading all this has really put my mind at ease and i also looked up all kinds of STIs always thinking but it is just pimples so thanks for all the help in here

OH WOW! i'm 17 too and i'm not sexually active at all but i thought by some weird chance i had a disease. if its just pimples then i know how to take care of it.