i also get them even before i was sexually active i did, you may notice you only get them after shaving too much also ingrowing hairs may cause them and yes they can be painful im afraid and can carry on returning, (most people hu are sexually active put it down to an std ie herpes but they are blisters not spots)i often put sudocrem on them and they ted to disappear they are just normal spots

OKAY GIRLS, LISTEN UP.

Many have already answered the "I get pimples after I shave/white skin looking tissue around the root of the hair/blahblahblah"
Your problem most likely = shaving.
If possible, you should try some other method of hair removal. I have permanent scars from shaving and then scratching/popping the pimples, and trust me, none of you want that.
When you shave, the hair gets pulled back a little, which allows bacteria to get to the root of the hair and it gets infected. Hence, puss filled pimples, sometimes small, sometimes ridiculously big.

I get cysts too, and personally I find them to look disgusting.
But hey, what can you do?
Best learn to live with your body, wash properly, avoid razors if you get skin irritation and definitely don't poke around at them. Leaving them alone is the best solution.
If you're not sexually active and haven't been sitting in a public sauna without something between your bum and the bench, it's highly unlikely to be a STD.

And don't worry about telling a close friend/ parent / doctor about it. They most likely know exactly what you're talking about.

Hey there girls of all ages.... i've just come to clear your thoughts and shed somelight on your fears and worries.

I'm 20 years old and I've been in the miliary since I was 17, shortly before I went off to basic I lost my virginty to the boy I was dating at the time. and I have been tested biyearly every year since then I am clean, as is my fiance, and sometimes he gets them too. About 2 monthes before I started menstruating for the first time I had these bumps and pimples. Some would swell up and some would go away. I was around 12 then. I still get them to this day and I have found some ways to keep them from showing up.

1: Wear looser clothing when you are on your period. Try wearing basketball shorts, skirts, loose fitting pants, anything that does not squeeze your skin tightly.

2: I know your pad package says to change your pad at the most every eight hours. Try changing it every 2 to 4 hours instead, no matter how little blood is on it.

3: Never use the pads that hav the plastic lining. Use the one made of cotton. The type with the plastic dosnt absorb as much blood and bacteria as the cotton-only type. The cotton only type may be a bit more uncomfortable but it absorb and holds the bacteria away from the skin. Try the brand ALWAYS! Since I started using them the outbreaks have gone down.

4: Shower well the week before and the week after. Use a mild soap and warm or hot water. Use a different rag than you use for your face as well as a different bar of soap. I found that DOVE original works the best.

5: DO NOT PANIC!!!!! Even if you are sexually active... do not panic and do not be afraid to tell your parents even if you are active. They will forgive you and can be there for support. Your mom is your best bet... even if she is angry at first it will jsut bring you two so much closer when you tell her. ( if you dont have a mom... dads listen too....) If you arent comfortable telling your dad, find a friend's Mom to talk to. They can be just as helpful.

6: I'm not one to tell you to not be sexually active, because i did it myself, but listen to me girls. I am about to get married to the man of my dreams... he is not a virgin either and we both regret it. Your virginity is one thing you can never take back, and it is something that you will wish you had when you meet that someone. If you still have it... keep it. I dont care how cute that guy (or girl for the lesbians) is. I dont care how mature he acts or how old he is. Your virginity is your trophy...IT IS YOURS!!!!! For you girls who are afraid because ou have been raped or molested. Don't let that fear drag you down... because in God's eyes you are still as beautiful and as perfect as the day you were born, that goes for you girls who willingly gave it away. And as for you girls who found out you do have an STD. You will find someone.... remember you are not alone.

And here is some other details that may ease your mind.

VAGINAL ACNE
Vaginal acne is not significantly different from the type of acne that appears on the face and body. The causes of vaginal acne are bacterial, stress or medications that affect the production of hormones that affect the oil production.

Vaginal acne is also a side effect of anabolic steroids and excessive exposure to high levels of chlorine compounds. Some people also have hyperactive sebaceous glands which produce an increased amount of oil (sebum) that increases the production of blemishes.

Another cause of vaginal acne is narrow hair follicles, combined with excess production of oil, clogs the pores and results in blemishes. The natural skin bacteria also helps to feed these pimples and pustules.

Vaginal acne first appears red in color on the surface of the skin. It then changes to pustules or cysts. Vaginal herpes will start looking and feeling just like vaginal acne. But, the are from two vastly different sources and the outcomes are completely unrelated.

HERPES
Symptoms of genital herpes in a primary episode vary widely from person to person. They usually occur within two to 10 days of exposure. Typically the symptoms associated with genital herpes that are recognizable involve small red bumps that may develop into blisters and open lesions. These “bumps” appear at the site of infection, which may be in or around the vaginal area, the cervix, the penis, urinary tract of both men and women, and around the anal opening, buttocks or thighs. Sores also may appear on other parts of the body where broken skin has come into contact with HSV. Over a period of days, the sores become encrusted and then heal without scarring. Symptoms associated with genital herpes in a primary outbreak tend to take longer to heal because the body has yet to build up an immune system resistance to the viral outbreaks.

Other herpes symptoms in a primary episode may include fever, headache, muscle aches, and swollen glands in the groin area, painful urination or vaginal discharge.

Some of the most common symptoms of genital herpes that are often misdiagnosed are misdiagnosed as yeast infection, insect bites, jock itch, urinary tract infections, abrasions or razor burn, ingrown hair follicles, and even hemorrhoids. If you suffer from recurring infections or symptoms of any of the listed conditions, it is advised to see a medical professional for observance and testing when symptoms occur. It is quite possible the recurrence of such conditions could actually be symptoms of genital herpes.

It is never safe to assume that condoms will protect you from a herpes infection and prevent you from ever knowing what symptoms of genital herpes really are. Condoms do not cover herpes infected areas in many of those infected with the herpes virus. The best way to protect yourself from every knowing symptoms of genital herpes is to practice abstinence. Getting to know your partner, engaging in proper STD testing prior to intimacies and being as completely honest and forthright as possible is the most assured way to combat a future infection.

With so many people who are infected with the herpes virus never showing any symptoms of genital herpes, the increase for proper testing is recognized and strongly encouraged.

I will pray for all of you girls.

Your Army Angel

im not sexually active and i often get those maybe it's because i wear pantyliners all the time because i never know when im going to get my period
im afraid of those pelvic exams so idk what to do

i only had sex once and it was a year ago.and i have this painful pimple that looks like its filled with pus.And i do have body aches right now.Soim scared its herpes.But can you get herpes a year after your infected?plus where are herpes located?Could it be an igrown hair thats infected?.im like freakingout that its gunna be cancer or something...:[

I think these whiteheads on vagina; which I have now three of on left-side of my vagina are caused by: i)masturbation--it does make you feel good to masturbate if feeling down and needing to feel high in sexual-area; ii)also by shaving--I did grow back the hairs but during time they grew back; these whiteheads appeared--I did not see them when I shaved the last-time. Sweat caused pimples on face; so when you masturbate; you obviously get discharge in the vaginal-region which can lead to these whitehead-pimples. The problem is waiting for them to disappear while they hurt when rubbed against underpants; or itching in general. I tried to shave them off or pop them; but that leads to major bleeding which then requires lots of bandages; same would be true if you popped them with nail-scissors or tweezers--they would bleed and then hopefully be replaced by dried red-blood but maybe also scars--we all want to believe that if pop a whitehead it will be replaced by dried red-blood and no scars but white-skin. My problem: is that they are only on left-side of vagina but three or four of them; and some bigger then others--so ugly to look at!!

Hi, Im 20 years old and i have been through the same things. Over the years, before i was sexually active, i noticed the same symptoms. Relax, its not a huge deal. Chances are you are shaving there, not staying clean during periods or wearing too tight of clothes.

For shaving: Shave in the direction the hair grows and shave lightly. After your finished get some alcohal free lotion or Aloe Vera or even Witches Hazel and with a cotton ball apply to bikini area. Try not to touch your self just after shaving as you may have dirty hands. Some people i know go as far as to wash hands both before and after using the bathroom. I do not before.

For Pads: I myself cant really depend on tampons alone because yes, at even my age i am afraid that i will leak! But never the less, i still use a pad. During my periods i wear 100% cotton underwear. This helps your skin breathe and you get better air circulation when walking, it also helps with odor. Im not sure why the material makes a difference but it does so i would try it.

If you wear thongs: Ok this one is actually a cause to some bad marks on people. The thing is, when you have a big butt and your wearing thongs, the bottom cusp of your butt tends to rub against your jeans. If your jeans are tight, thats an even bigger problem. One, your not giving your body air-let your body breathe. Two, when you constantly sit and stand, your tight jeans will rub and pinch your bottom. IT HURTS! Try buying some relaxed jeans. Ashlee Simpson has been the trend setter in them!

Staying Clean during periods: There are a brand of pads that come with cleansing clothes attatched to each individual pad. I believe that the brand is Maxi but i could be wrong. They are a green package and it is name brand. Those are great! I buy mine at Wal Mart or even the dollar store. Or you can buy some and take a couple with you to work or school in your purse or backpack. When you need to go just stick it in your back packed and noone knows its there.

I really hope this helps. I went through all this once and i really hope you get the results your looking for, i know i did.

If your too embarressed to post something but would like a quick and reliable answer you can e-mail me personally at *****, thats what im here for! : )

im 15 and was searching the internet to find out what it is. i'm not too worried about it as it seems like many people have experienced the same. I have noticed these white like pimples on myself as well. But as i was reading the posts, everyone seems to be younger, like teenages. Is there a reason for this?

I suffer from them too, they are big and have been there for sometime. They usually appeared when i am on cycle but recently i have noticed they are constantly there. What do you recommend?

Hey guys im 21 years old and have had this probem since I was about 13-14. For those of you who shave, I know from experience if you go against the hair at all this can cause ingrown hairs which makes the hair get trapped or curled under the follicle so that hair cant grow out properly. Also if you are one of those people who will re-shave as soon as they have stubble -DONT- this causes you to reshave hairs trying to come through the follicles and can cause them tp get trapped easier. Your better off waiting atleast a week and a half between shaving. Too much shaving also creates sensitivity to that hair because your hair there is more corse.

Tight underwear also dont allow you to breath properly. Now I understand when you have you period you dont want to wear ones that are really loose lol, but when you dont have your girly thing you should think about wearing underwear that arnt really tight in that area.

Now for those stubborn pimples that can be painful!! They can even come from when you walk around and the hair is rubbing your clothing. What I normally do to releive them is run a nice warm/hot bath and soak in it for about 10 mins. Then locate these proplem ouchies! and I will squeeze them, they hurt WAAAY less popping under water and the puss/liquid coming out doesn't spread anywhere else on your body causing more. **Remember dont wash your hair in that water lol**

Then when I get out I will disinfect my tweezers and on those spots i popped I will look and see if there are any small hairs, or if the hair inside has come to a head (if so i tweeze it) It might be painful at first but you get use to it, and it also gives you such a satisfaction to know you got the litttle b****r! Put some rubbing alchohol on it to clean the area. And always wash your tweezers!!

Then when your done put a little bit if polysporin to prevent infection and sooth it.

Hope this helps. And if your still worried I would go speak to a dr. Because there is also be a bacterial infection. And they can give you meds or a proper diognosis. :-)

This was SO helpful I am 20 years old and I was SO concerned with what might be going on! Everything you just said from taking a bath to the tweezers was PERFECT! Also I find that the more I masturbate the more they show up, and I used to use pads. I have noticed a real switch since I didnt my last period. It might suck wearing tampons but you get used to it and its actually way more convienent.

I to like the rest of you am having bumps "down there" and its really scaring me. I haven't been having sex. I have though received oral and im so so so scared to tell anybody. So im also having puss filled bumps and dont know what to do about them.

I don't have the guts to tell my mother, any idea of what it could be?
:/

I am sexually active but i know what you are talking about because i had them before i started any kind of sexual contact not just sex itself. If you are shaving that could be a cause so just shave in the proper direction. I know they tend to get a lot worse after your period. That is usually just because of pads or tampons. Just make sure that you wash every night and stay as clean and hygienic as possible. Don't worry I'm 18 now and i've had this since i was 14. It does seem to improve with time. I hope this helps. It's what i used when I had the issue the first time. I couldn't tell my mom about it either.

I have this too and was a little concerned. I recently got a brazillian wax. what i saw underneath terrified me! because i am sexually active at 17 and my mum knows but i didnt want to tell her because she would go into hysterics. ive only had one partner for a while now.

I also found a pimple on my clit "hood" that gave puss and was not red or painful in any way. from what I've read here it isn't dangerous!

thank you so much for this thread!!!!

This topic is being closed due to having too many posts.

Please continue posting within the following one: white puss filled pimples on vaginal surface - part 2