i AM HAVING SEMI-CONTINUAL SHARP PAINS IN MY RIGHT SIDE.
KNOW I HAVE 4-5 STONES FOR OVER 15 YRS. I AM 7 MO UNTIL MEDICARE & NEED TO WAIT UNTIL THEN FOR SURG. I PRAY YOUR TREATMENT WORKS! THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Acidopholis is what I have used for 20 years and it helps fast!!!

i am only 18 years old and not over weight (10 stone and 5 foot 8 inches tall) and i have been diagnosed with gallstones. i was in pain and being sick up to three times every time i ate at the beginning of march and was admitted to hospital. i am now waiting to have my gallbladder removed as because i am so young they said removing just the stones wouldnt do much in the long run. i still have another month until its removed and i am currently having a flare up which feels like my stomach is really full and pushing on my lungs rather than the stabbing pain and nausea i got when it all began. i am currently doing my university exams so this is really not helping with my stress levels and i fear that it is going to continue flaring up over the next month. also i have heard that having your gallbladder out doesnt always stop the pain/ problems and some people suffer from chronic diarrhea or constipation. i am now torn about wanting my gallbladder out to stop the pain and not through fear of having to run to the bathroom every time i eat and being so young im scared i wont have a normal digestive system the rest of my life?! :( 

I am 36 weeks pregnant and started having my attacks at 18 weeks. For me, the pain is worse than the 1st stage of labour pains. That's when I have what I call a scale 5 attack (pain, out of 5). I find that diet helps control my attacks, and I'm still learning which foods I need to avoid which otherwise you would think were healthy foods. Everyone's different. When I've had the No. 5 attacks my husband rubs my back hard for about 20-30 minutes and that helps so much. They go after about 30 mins. Although you're left with a feeling of being punched in the gallbladder area for the next 24 hours! When I feel the attack starting I take paracetemol, drink water and take Gaviscon. Being pregnant I won't take any stronger pain relief. Yesterday I had a scale 3 episode for 4 hours. Very uncomfortable. Still feeling delicate now. Great to read some tips on here. Next time I will try the heat pack/hot water bottle, massage and a hot shower. Thanks.

Natalia,
Not all gallbladder problems are due to bad eating. I have ate healthy all my life. You should research a topic before you say anything about it.

Mine started with pregnancy as well!

I had an attack last night that woke me up. Mid chest sternum pain radiating from under right breast through to my back and right shoulder blade. Severe nausea. I have never had this before. I do not eat fatty foods at all. I am on a no carb diet and have been since March. Not sure what brought it on. I've had my heart checked out and it's not that. I'm pretty sure its my gallbladder. The pain has gotten better. Still have soreness in the top of my back and every now and then I get the pain under my right breast, but comes and goes. Is there anything to help with the pain and discomfort during a attack other then a narcotic? Should I wait to see if this happens again before going to the doctor?

I have had attacks for 2 yrs now and pushing something {my fist, the remote etc} directly under my rib cage and laying as still as possible w/a heating pad under my back helps some and the only other thing is a very hot shower or bath which helps the most...until you get out:(

I have had them for 2 yrs now and pushing my fist or the remote directly under my rib cage and staying as still as possible helps some along w/a heating pad on my back. Also, the best thing is a very hot shower or bath but once you get out of the water it's still there.

I get sick almost every time I have an attack and that helps for about 5 minutes. I have tried several over the counter meds to help to no avail. What helps me the most is a hot shower or bath and when I can't stand that anymore I put a heating pad on my back and an object {my fist, the remote an orb etc} pushed hard right under my ribcage while I'm laying as still as possible. 2 yrs of this and my attacks are usually 6+ hrs long. I'm so afraid to have it removed bc of all the horror stories of the after effects:( Some of the worst pain ever! I do know nuts seem to bring on an attack and it's very hereditary.

You can eat healthy and still have attacks. It's very hereditary and everyone is different.

over 2 yrs of attacks and my shortest one was 4 hours and my longest was 13 hours! I was scared it had burst that time. My normal attack lasts 6+ hours. Hot shower/bath works best.

I'm just wondering, of you don't mind stating, how old are most of you that are experiencing this? I am 21 and wondering if there are more people my age, or if an older group is generally affected?

Hi,than for the advice about the HEAT.and drinking plenty of water.i am suffering an attack at the mo it woke me up! tried taking parcatamol but they don't work i also found out that if you lie on your left hand said.with a cusion underneath you it relieves the pressure on your tummy and gallbladder.thanx again for the advice .

23 years old, heading for surgery in a couple of days, longest attack was 18 hours, shortest about 5-10 minutes, hoping surgery fixes it without complications, i hear about diarrhea for the rest of your life, not sure about it, kinda of scared honestly, but i guess id rather poop a lot then get these pains constantly.