My husband is insisting that our daughter has long hair. Off course, she is dad's girl and she wants long hair too. In summer days it is not a problem because it is hot. But in winter I need to use hair dryer for her hair. Can cause damage on her hair if I dry it like this?

The truth is that heat is causing a great damage to ones hair. But in your home you can not use anything but blow dryer. You can prevent damaging your daughter's hair if you keep dryer on large distance and if you put it on moderate setting. I hope these advices will help you.

It can damage, just lower the heat setting a bit and do hold a distance away.

Also, applying a thermal protection product (almost all haircare lines make one, Pantene is best IMO) and getting an ionic (it will say it is ionic on the package) hairdryer will help greatly in minimizing the damage and you will notice a difference in her hair when it is dry.

Yes Hair Dryers Can Cause Damage If You Do it Alot.

Heat of any kind which is not natural (curling irons, straighteners, and yes even hair dryers) can cause damage to hair if used often. However it's the heat themselves that cause it. Hair dryers should come with a "cool" option which is barely warm but gets the job done well.
As for damage when air/towel drying in winter, I'm not sure of. I do it amd have no problems with it but others constantly nag me about it and how it's not good. Perhaps it's just me but nothing bad has come out from it so far