Hi, I have a twelve years old daughter. She has this lovely long blond hair. I am the one responsible for brushing it. We have been using the same kind of brush for the last couple of months. Recently, I heard that there are several types of brushes and that they all have a different affects on hair. Now I am confused. Can you suggest which hair brush I should choose for my daughter?

Hi, I think it is great that you are taking care of your daughter this way. It is true that there are several types of brushes. Depending on your desires about the hair look, you should choose the appropriate one. The paddle brush is used for long hair which becomes straight and smooth. With it you also get your scalp massaged. Cushion style brush is best for medium-length hair that is naturally straight and smooth. It also gives you scalp massage. Sculpting brushes are used for short hair in order to give it volume. Thermal round brush comes with variety of barrel size. When applied with heat or blow dryers, small barrels act as rollers and produce curls. The larger ones smooth the curls and add body. Thermal flat brush creates, when used with heat, straight hair with no bends. So there you have it. Pick the one you think will satisfy your daughter's needs.