I have been having the same reaction after drinking for the last few years as well. This past weekend was the worst by far. I hurt everywhere and I felt very bloated. Did anyone ever receive any kind of answer about this reactin. I find it worse if I drink red wine.

Thank you so much for that I did not not if I was dying are what this is the wort feeling in the world. I thought it was the vodaka, but when I switched to Hennessey it stope for a while and then started back up. Is there anythin over the counter doctor that I can take to make this feeling go away? This is not fare and it suck maybe it attacks us who don't drink water? I don't know I am so releived I thought I was all all alone because none of my friends ever heard of it.

Thanks again, :-D :-D

elwilson1996 wrote:

It's an Alcohol poisoning or an allergy to alcohol.

It has to do with the sugar in alcoholic drinks

This bruised feeling has to be the worst! I'm a 23 yr old non-asain female and for the past 7 months or so I've gone thru this. It's only after I drink too much that I get this feeling the next day. The hurting gets worse as the day goes on. It mainly hurts around my collar bone and sternum going into my back and around my shoulder bones. I haven't found anything that helps; although exercising and sweating seem to make it a little better. I'm relieved to see that there are other people that experience the same thing. Everyone I talk to about it says it's just a hangover- I think it's more than that...

I don't have much info, just want to keep this thread alive. I'm going to my dr in a couple weeks- I'll ask her what's going on. I'll share the info.

I am SO happy to hear other people experience this strange feeling during a hangover. Not that I am happy you're all feeling bruised but I never knew this happened to others. I really have no idea why it happens, but I'm assuming it has to do with dehydration. Also, the fact that it seems to be the most prominent around the collar bones, sternum, shoulders and upper back leads me to think it has something to do with the thinness of the skin in those areas. If you think about it those are the places where there is typically the least amount of skin covering the bone. I find sometimes my feet hurt as well during a hangover but I always just assumed it was from walking and dancing a lot-maybe it's the same thing as the collar bones? Although I have no answers currently I'm probably going to ask my doctor at my next appointment because I'm not so sure this is normal!

WOW! Ive been suffering from these exact same symptoms for about 5 years now however most of the soreness and pain is in my lower back, sciatica area, feet and severe pressure in calves and legs-
not as much in the upper body.
I also experience the discomfort early on the next day, generally the moment i wake up, and the severe soreness continues for atleast a day or two.
Sugary alcoholic drinks make all the symptoms worse.
Even 1 drink does create some discomfort the following day and I do see that my body is having more severe reactions towards alcohol as time progresses.
At one point i was addicted to oxycontin, it was the only painkiller that was able to mask the soreness. nothing else works- not tylenol, advil, aleve, motrin- nothing works!
i find that working out ie; yoga,rollerblading- makes the soreness almost completely disappear. especially inverted postures !!!
if i drink hard saturday night i know i MUST get excersize first thing sunday morning otherwise ill feel crippled.
Are there any cures? or medications out there that people find minimize the soreness, sometimes i find myself in tears from the discomfort. have tried accupuncture ( helps a little) [/list]

I get the same feeling and the previous definition of the process seems to be most accurate. What I wonder is how much damage is actually being done to the muscles? Are we in any danger of long-term effects here?

I have been getting this for 10 years. I dont drink every day but I do go to happy hour a lot maybe 2-3 times a week. Once in a while I do have a little too much but I walk as I live next door to a nice restaurant with happy hour. The next morning My neck muscles ache and my arms ache as if everyone is saying I was hit with a baseball bat and feel brusied. I know it is the alcohol but no one has said what causes it. :-(

Me and my mum both get this feeling, for her its normally the day after drinking and for me its normally 2 days. She went to the doctor and he told her that its not harming her but she does have a weakness to an alement in alcohol, what weakness and what alement i dont know but that is what he has said..

I have been experiencing this with hangovers for many years and I am happy to know that I'm not imagining it!

However I was wondering if anyone else had noticed what feels like tiny nodules under the skin at the same time. I don't always notice these but on the weekend I had a few glasses of red wine and was feeling around the back of my neck (which was very tender and sore) and noticed a couple of smallish lumps that feel like small swollen lymph nodes. So I am thinking that possibly it could be an immune system response of some kind, which would make sense if it's an allergy perhaps? But am not a doctor! Does this make sense to anyone?

I noticed when googling "sore lymph nodes" and "alcohol" that Hodgkin's lymphoma comes up hundreds of times though!

I have been experiencing this with hangovers (even minor ones) for many years and I am happy to hear I'm not the only one!

I get this too. I'll be drinking a good amount one night, wake up the next day, feel like c**p (but no skin pain), take a couples craps and have a headache, etc. Then I feel better around 7 or 8 at night, then when 10 or 11 that night hits, I have pretty bad skin pain. I go to sleep, wake up and it's a little better, and it's usually completely better by that day or at the most the next day. It's been happening to me for a long time now, and I don't worry about it. Drinking alcohol is never healthy for anyone, no matter what weird symptoms they get. But it is a fun time. And we're all going to contract some illness and die at some point in life so we might as well have fun :-) In other words, try not to worry about it. Worrying does the body worse than lots and lots of things.

Cheers.

I had to reply to this seeing that I just ended up in the ER with bruising all over my body, joint pain, and tachycardia,(elevated heart rate), all of this after a couple of nights of holiday parties and drinking heavily. This also has happened in the past. I thought maybe I had some sort of vitamin deficiency, blood disorder, or autoimmune disorder. The MD could not find anything wrong with my blood work so I ruled it out as me being the only weird id**t with this issue. Glad to see I am not the only one out there. I also researched these symptoms and can possibly be related to Lupus, Autoimmune disorders, blood disorders, or Leukemia. Blood test will most likely show however if 1 of these is the diagnosis, so dont freak. I don't think I have ever had this much pain, just to touch my arms or legs hurts like hell.

I am a female, 37, and I am not Asian. I appear to have the same reaction as the original author. 24 hours after drinking wine, my entire body will be very sore to the touch. Interestingly, I just discovered that it only appears to be linked to drinking wine. I recently went on a vacation where I was drinking mixed drinks and an occasional beer and I did not have the reaction. I also do not recall this affect happening when I was younger and would have been drinking only beer. I might add that I mostly drink white wine. I'm going to give the Pepcid thing a try even though the symptoms mentioned don't appear to be the same.

Please let me know if anyone was able to also identify a particular alcohol or anything else that has helped. Thanks

i don't get sore arms, i get a really sore back, and then have to lie down to stop the pain, ive just had 1/2 a glass of white and with in seconds the pain hits... i only really remember this happening over the last 2 years.