I get all the same symptoms. This started for me about a week ago. I am a 24 year old male. I spend a lot of time on computers but I make sure to get up and move through the day. I have found the chest pain gets worst after eating, burping helps. Doctors think it is anxiety or a pinched nerve. Said it was unlikely to be actually heart related. EKG, blood tests, chest xray all came back fine. My goals moving forward is to eat less salty food, stop drinking alcohol, drink more water. The attacks can be unnerving as it feels like you will pass out and possibly die (which doesn't help the anxiety). My primary concern is having an attack while driving. The doctors tend to dismiss your concerns when you are so young. I snowboard in the winter, hike in the summer and weight 170 at 6ft 1. I consider myself in fairly good shape. Hate that it has been years on this thread with no progress towards a treatment or solution that has worked for the masses. Food luck to all, the symptoms are frustrating.

Many of the symptoms described here are similar to mine. Im 31yrs of age, Suddenly got chest pain, numbness in arm , hands, specially the left one, shortness of breath, dificulty swallowing and numbness in my head from time to time , oh yes and that random pain here and there throughout my body.  I got an EKG, Heart stress test, MRI of Brain, blood work, ultra sounds and x rays. Thankfully , everything came back normal so far , just pending an endoscopy.

I can relate, I have had a couple of nights that panic set in and I was about to call emergency services, definetely I can't believe what type of nightmare this is, an ordeal that makes you look at life very differently no doubt . In the other hand knowing that other people here have gone through the same "espisodes" and survived, makes me more convince that I will defeat it. 

Now, since all the replies here talk about symptoms, I'm assuming nobody has found the ultimate answer or cure.

What I'm going to try myself (all based on doctor advice based on the results of my different test) is a combination of

Acid reflux treatment,built a custom made diet :O , Lots of excercising, No alcohol :o, No nicotine, No caffeine, sleeping well, Chiropractor treatment. I will report back my results in 6 months dm.

Also I was given anxiety medication (a bit against ) and while I think is not direct treatment or cure to the root cause of my physiological symptoms, it could help since anxiety amplifies symptoms greatly, I definetely noticed that If I am relax certain pains decrease in intensity o go away. I think is good to be ready for those panics attacks somehow because they aren't very healthy either and could lead to more problems.  

Possibly by having to deal with this, we are actually extending our life even more, quite wake up call. 

I agree 100%, all these symptoms I have been feeling for the past two months,exactly what you described. The worst part to me since i think I'm able to take physical pain is the panic attacks.I have been able to stand those panic attacks (almost all because i did take an axiety pill once.) its almost impossible to endure such mental suffering, they happen to me specially at night. tip: If I'm in bed, I will get up, drink some tea without caffeine and get out of the house, front yard or back yard and walk, walk and walk, fresh air helps.This will make me endure the panic attacks but not eliminate it .Tip#2 Do acitivities through out the day that would make it almost impossible not to fall sleep at night, such as Swimming or what ever works for you, obviously , after Doc's OK . I have confidence that this we'll make us stronger somehow. I truly noticed how my bad habits (eating, alcohol, sleeping) had taken me to this point slowly but surely. I agree with the nurse, until our digestive system gets repaired, this wont go away.

I had all the same things. I'm 16 and healthy and active. I've gone to multiple doctors and they've performed tons of tests. After many trips to the emergency rooms, they diagnosed me with gerd, gastroesophagel reflux disease because of the constant burping and said that this was the main cause of the panic attacks which caused the tingling and numbness feelings in my hands, legs, arms etc. I hope this helps because it's a really scary thing to go through, panic attacks and all.

Hello

My wife has a similar excessive burping and pain experience, except that the pain comes from under the right scapular, radiating up to the right shoulder and into the right arm and hand. Always accompanied by burping. Any ideas or other experiences/anedotes?

Has anyone having these symptoms recently quit smoking? Because I started getting these the same week I quit smoking.

Hi, 43 yr old gal here. I have been to hospital several times for this..ekg's chest exrays, all of it even had a heart cath. NOTHING! no blockages my good bad fat levels were perfect. But I get all the symptoms for a good solid week. All I can do now is just do whatever it takes to calm myself down, keep telling myself its just the gerd you're not dying. I have had an over amount of stress in my life the last 8 months. I just lost my oldest son in car crash and have not let go yet, so I'm pretty sure it is coming out physically thru my gerd. I take generaric prilosec and eat tums, if real bad i also take some malox, then lye down, slow breath, and try to calm myself, with in half hr its more bareable. But if any one come with a cure please post!

same for me, all symptons,especially after having wine that evening. taking previced and tums. getting tired of the evening attacks though

Just want to say that GERD and Anxiety attack are related. It's happen to me too. I have been dealing with GERD and Anxiety attack for 2 years. When it first happened, it scare the s**t out of me. I been to ER 7 times in two years. I had done all the possible test for heart, stomach, vien, chest, arm, leg, and esophagus. And all came out ok. All the doctors said the pain on my chest, arm, leg, headache, and burping are related to acid reflux follow by panic attack. All these episode have cost me my job and I m in debt. Plus, I have taken most of the medicines prescribed by doctors, and only work for short period. So I did my own research and found many answer. 1. Eat more fruits and veggies. 2. Stop smoking and drinking caffeine beverage. 3. Reduce drinking alcohol. 4. Exercise at least 15 mins a day, and 5 days a week. 5. Reduce meats consumption. 6. Eat more fish. 7. Avoid acidic foods, fried foods, and greasy foods. 8. Avoid drinking soda, drink more water or tea (Rooibos tea or chamomile tea). 9. Learn to relax or meditation. 10. Most important reduce stress. Avoid work stress or relationship stress if you can. Keep yourself active and social. Avoid all negative feeling. I know it is easy say than done. But at least TRY. If you feel good after reading all these post, then you just reduce your stress and anxiety. Keep remind yourself that You Going To Be OK. Hope this post help you. As it did it for me.

Guys, my BEST advice to EVERYBODY, and because I've been in this situation myself is, IGNORE IT. It's a fact that all these is stress related, if you look at what's going on in your life right now, you'll confirm it. So start relaxation sessions, eat lots of salads, do what you like the most to do, BE OPTIMISTIC. And if you want to go the extra mile, do the MASTER CLEANSE, more on the topic if you google it. It's a 10 day cleanse, you'll feel renewed, totally worth it ;)

If you'd like more info from someone who got above it, contact me ! I'll more than glad to help. Love !

Has anyone ever gotten a "cure" or diagnosis that stopped the pain? I've been experiences sympthoms for about 2 years now. when mine come, i get complete numbeness in my left arm from the shoulder to the elbow. sometimes it will go all the way to my hand. my right arm feels tingley. i have chest pains. i don't know how to describe the pains. it's in the center of the chest as well as the top of my chest right under my collar bone. then i have this nagging spot right on my left breast and under the breast. i feel the pains in the back of my neck and on my upper back between the shoulder blades. right towards the end of all this "attack" i will sometimes get this wintery shock feeling through me. sometimes these attacks last for a few hours, some times it's days and even weeks. when these first started i use to go to the ER. i've had EKG, Lab work, Stress test... everything comes back fine. my family doc says he does not think it's my heart at all but it still concerns me becasue i'm overweight and i have diabetes and high blood pressure. my doc says he believes it could be stomach related so he sent me to a GI doc. the GI doc says that the shocking experience is a panic/anexity attack from my worring and my GI doc said my gall bladder was very bad and these are all symptoms of a bad gallbladder so i had it removed in july. here it is, the end of september and i'm having another attack. i'm debating a heart doctor now.... so has anyone on this thread had any luck?????

I have had the same symptoms. I have had extensive investigations and nothing found.  I have read extensively and worked with three consultants and the hypothesis to date is damged nerves in particular the vegus nerve which is closely linked to the digestive system, heart and breathing.  It can be linked with anxiety and fainting.  Damage to the nerves is common in people with diabetes.  Damage can be casused by injutry and trauma however it can also be caused by a hormoneimbalance.  I think that this fits my case and I think that I am beginning to persuade the consultants to believe in my hypotheses.  I have had problems for many years which occured monthly (at a certain time of my menstrual cycle) so a definitate hormone link. This we think has caused my coronary arteries to spasm.  In feb this year I had a major episode of this which suggests a major change in my hormones.  These episodes normally lasted minutes but this one was 40 minutes and was totally incapacitating for me.  Within days on and off I became very unwell with all the symptoms you have all described.  But in no pattern.  However they eased off and one month later started to escallate again to a point where I was so unwell and hospitalised on several ocassions.  Apart from my blood pressure and tem going up in response to periods of extreme pain they found nothing. PPI's were prescribed and I believe made my symptoms worse, as is confirmed by after 8 weeks I refused to take them anymore and although I had a reaction coming off them and was worse for 7 - 10 days I felt much better with less nausea once I was off them.  

I went from being a very healthy and very fit 51 year old lady to a jibbering wreck, who struggled with swallowing, eating, drinking exercise, moving even walking at one point.  The main pain was at the lower end of my sternum but it travelled up round in my back neck and arms.  The feelings of nausea and weaknees inability to talk properly were horrendous. 

Nerve damage caused by an imbalance in my hormones is what I have taken from everything I have learned this past year.  I am taking a supplement for woman aimed at supporting skin called IMedeem.  Nerve endings need good circulation so exercise is important so even when I am not feeling great I push myself and this helps.  Rest is also really important for nerve endings so I try to make sure I get quality peace and rest time.  Very healthy eating is crucial to repairing nerve endings so lots of leafy greens and fish.  

There seems to be reluctance to test for hormone imbalance but I am due to travel to the USA soon and am considering using a clinic there.  There are numerous clinics  that will do the full works and give advice on supplements to support.  

I believe I have had minor episodes over the years.  One which took a couple of years to get over but again the symptoms move around all over the place that it is hard to describe to your GP without them thinking you are crazy!!  However this is chracteristic of major nerve damage where the nerves are responsible for a number of areas/functionsin the body.  

I am an extremely calm person and presenting as an anxious wreck when inside I know that person is not me is the hardest especially when I knew that I was not having panic attacks.  I also knew that I did not have acid relux and having now had PH monitoring I know I was right.  

When it was bad I sympathise as the pain was excruciating even morphine did not make a huge difference.  At one point i was given oxygen and I did feel that this did seem to help albeit slightly perhaps this is because nerves rely on a healthy supply ?

I feel that when the docotrs find nothing "mainstream" and/or "immediately lifethreatening" they dismiss just how painful and unwell you really are.

I think that perhaps a neurologist and some sort of invetigation into key nerves may help a number of us.

If I find anything more in my travels I will post here.  I hope that my info and experience may help at least some of you.

Best Wishes everyone

It's now 3 days later, I'm still have all the sympthoms and pains on and off. I keep finding myself searching and searching for anything that will give me answers and peace of mind.

Hello Friends My name is Viren. I have had this problem to with same exact symptoms. I found A SLOUTION for myself to make me feel better or to lessen the pain. What I do is consume a glass of water and after 5-10 minutes start massaging from your center of the chest 1-2 inches to your left side in a downward motion from below the neck to above abdomen REMEMBER DOWNWARD ONLY not upwards. After performing this for about 10-15 minutes do the same on your back. I always do this in a sitting position. Ihave found this very useful to me-CAN"T SAY FOR ALL but you can give it a try. I am not a doctor but would definitely like to find out if it works for you guys.

Another thing it came to mind was, if this is caused by gastro or acid reflux, could it be possible that this would from -due to gas build up in stomach and no way out expands the stomach wall and pressures the lungs, rib cage or heart indirectly heart too. Ask your doctor if this is possible and could this be it.

Did you get better now? Please update your condition and cure if any, i am having exact same situation now.