One more thing, arm numbness could be circulation problems, if you get problems with pins and needles, wake up with numb hands or cold arms and such, or have ice cold feet, don't smoke. Seriously. You are high risk of stroke or other horrible things like clots. You will die if you don't stop smoking and have serious circulation problems.

hmm im getting similar probs too im 23 yrs old, and have constant gas/burping because of alot of acidy indigestion!! everytime i burp i get this burning sensation in my wrist cant explain it, its weird!!!! also get pains behind shoulder blade and also suffer from pannic attacks etc plus i smoke and yes i do frequently get pins needles quite abit!!!! thinks im going to quit smoking!!thanks nick

I had this problem before when I had to take stress leave due to an AWFUL boss.  What I figured out was that the muscle tension in my back was so intense that it was actually constricting the esophagus and causing the reflux, plus impeding the nerves enough to cause the tingling.  What helped me the most was Gunn IMS, where an acupuncture needle is inserted into either the nerve cluster to reset it or into the tight muscle, which makes it spasm, then relax.  Yes, it hurts, but I'd rather say a few bad words and get it over with than have the chronic pain last for weeks. 

I am unfortunately experiencing some of these symptoms again, although at a different job, since lately we're severely understaffed.  I'm going back on a regimen of amino acids and GABA supplements, along with my usual calcium/magnesium/D, since I seem to handle workplace stress much better when I have a steady supply of these in my bloodstream.  So of course, get checked for potential heart problems first, then I generally recommend trying new approaches in order of least expensive first!

I hope it all turned out ok...I am having exact same symptoms and told by doctor i have acid reflux and was given prevacid. Now I wake up at night with severe numbness in left hand and with shooting pain in left arm....also, heavy heart pounding sounds in my ears. I have no insurance so putting off complaining about it AGAIN :( ....

liv

I have the same exact pains, issues but also already have a defibrillator implanted. I have a rare heart condition known as brugada syndrome and these pains had me convinced I was having a heart attack. I am 36 years old and have a cardiolgist that I see on a regular basis. Even though I've been advised this condition is not heart related, it still scare me that I'm having a heart attack. I've been told that these symptoms are gastric related and can also be related to high/abnormal cholesterol, triglycerides and LP levels as well as a liver issue as a result o the pills I've been taking for years causing damage. I wish you all the best in getting thru this terrible condition. I truly feel a lot better knowing that I am not alone and that it's not heart related. The information and stories here have helped. However, if you can see a dr, you should. You just never know if you have a different issue.

Hi all.  I have the exact same symptoms and I am changing my diet.  Things are improving but i have much work to do.
1. TOSS OUT THE DIET SODA or REGULAR SODA  (I drank a lot of Diet Coke).
2. Take a full tablespoon of apple cider vinegar two to three times daily.  Mix with water if you can not hack it.  This may cure your acid reflux...get off the pills if you can.
3.  Watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI
4.  Go to this website : https://wellnessworks.bloomfire.com/
5. I found this fascinating as well:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9gp-jXJdk&feature=related

GOOD LUCK and I WISH YOU WELL.

Just a thought, but have any of you ever questioned your Dr whether you might have delayed gastric emptying? A gastric motility issue? It can be caused by a damaged vagus nerve. It can cause acid reflux, stomach pain, and I believe some of the cns symptoms.

I would choose a different doctor, and right away. Insist on a heart cath; sometimes that's the only way they can find a heart problem.

Hi all,
i have been also having nearly all the exact same symptoms as everybody else has posted! As with everybody else i was completely convinced i was having a heart attack, stroke and god knows what else.....  i have never been so terrified in my life! my left arm has been going numb, sometimes tingles and also get feeling that my little finger is being pulled tight, like the tendon is being tightened.......doctor told me straight away that i have ACID REFLUX problem! i had been having chronic heart burn for years, which would also wake me up during the night with acidic burps and burning in my throat, but lately ive been getting the dreaded chest pains along with terrible aching in my left arm......which seems to worsen when im laying down at night,   sometimes i feel really REALLY ill, however.... if i stand up, after a few minutes i feel fine,  lay down again and back to square one!   have also started suffering from really bad panic attacks now, which just makes the whole thing feel even worse.......i will wake up in the night with palpitations.....a really strange fluttering sensation in my chest........sometimes find i have to take deep breaths and am convinced i cant breathe properly !!  very scary stuff indeed.....also get a big knot type feeling between my shoulder blades.....  i have been taking the OMERPRAZOLE pills, which help a bit .......   have just been back to doctor for a breath test today for this bacteria. I, like everybody else am having a hard time believing that there is not something more seriously wrong with me, as i feel really badly ill, but i have been assured that it is nothing more than the effects of the stomach acid affecting the nerves around the oesophagus...... it can mimic the effects similar to heart attack and make you feel terribly ill...... but as many people which i have been reading about, go to the hospital and have all sorts of tests done which come back ALL CLEAR!........ im just writing to say that im so glad im not alone in feeling like this.....  the human body is a very strange thing indeed ........... the ill feelings im getting feel so very real and this also triggers huge panic attacks, which makes things a million times worse,  i keep trying to tell myself, its all in my head...... but the thing is, when you are having an attack, it feels all to real!!!    i am convinced however that i am indeed suffering from the horrible effects of this acid reflux, because if it was something more serious, im pretty sure i would have been in a hospital by now....... ive been like this for nearly 2 and a half months now.   i should get the results of my breath test in about a week, if its positive the doctors says it can be treated with a concoction of anti biotics and i should be right as rain! i might just add..... my diet, is mainly junk food..... burgers, kebabs, chips, fizzy drinks......all the bad stuff......  i dont smoke though and i dont really drink much alcohol.......  i have been told by the nurse that my diet is probably the main problem!   Just thought id share my thoughts and experiences on this matter with everone as reading the posts on this REALLY REALLY helped me calm down, as this is one scary ailment.    anyway, i just hope that someone reading this can feel a little better in knowing there are other people going through this too and your not alone........ but the main thing is....... after nearly three months of this, im still here so guessing the worst of it is in my head!!

Can Somebody Please Help!!!! I have been having sharp chest pains intermitantly and upper back pains. Also I have a haevy head and post nasal drip when I wake up in the morning. I have no idea whats going on. I have been diagnosed with GERD and LPR before. But this time its different. My head becomes heavy suddenly at any given point and will start feeling better in an hour or 2 hours. (who knows). I am sick of feeling this way. My EKG came fine but the cholestrola and triglyceride levels came high. I feel sick at some point of the day. I just feel better after I work out. I dont know whats going on???? Please Help!!1

I have had these symptoms as well and sometimes i have to let out hellacious burps before the pain is gone! i don't understand why even after losing a bunch of weight i still do it and im 200 lbs now???
Time will tell i suppose. 

I went through the same thing. No doubt it's the acid reflux.

Best solution seems to be a reduction in acidic foods and fatty/oily foods.

No strenuous exercise after eating, but a walk helps.

No laying down right after a meal.

Reduce alcohol and smoking, stopping is best.

Regular exercise.

A healthy diet high in fiber.

It might seem counter-productive, but a tablespoon of organic apple cidar vinager mixed with water before breakfast once a day has helped me since it helps digest the food so that it aids in the reflux (alot of people produce less acid in the stomach and have more trouble digesting the food and that's why the stomach produces gas and forces parcially digested food and acid up the esophagus.

Another thing that has helped me ALOT, has been a nice cup of camomiile tea with a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lime after a meal and taken with 2 all natual REDMOND CLAY stomach health pills.

I've felt great following all of this....especially the tea! I can control this!

Good luck!

Hi guys, I'm a 40 year old male.  I've had these symptoms last couple of years, like most of you, I did get the 1st time panic attack thinking it was a heart attack or a stroke or something and went into the emergency room, after extensive examination the doctor told me it was gas.  What a relief that was :)  Anyhow, these symptoms seem to come and go for me, they usually come back after a night of drinking / smoking, or after I eat unhealthy or don't exercise.  It seems like diet and exercise is the answer.  Plain and simple.   Avoid acidic foods, stick w/ a mostly alkaline diet and get plenty of exercise and you will feel 100x better.  Stay away from alcohol,  and other toxins, also cutting down on sodium intake helps a lot too.

Cheers!

Hi Everyone

I have been having problems, with chestpain, arm pain, back pain, extreme sweating and weird sensations which have left me totally incapacitated at times. I am an extremely calm person but I would have to admit when these attacks happen they do make you feel like you are anxious even though you know you are not.  I have been to hospital and had extensive investigations none of which have shown anything conclusive so far.  I am 51 year old female mega fit and health don't smoke and only drink occasionally and then only the odd glass of wine.  They have told me I may be having oesophageal spasms.  Initially I was treated for acid reflux but the meds made me ill and I was sure this was not my problem.  I have read extensively and discovered that the problem may be aggravation of the vegus nerve which plays a key role in the digestive system, heart rate, breathing.  The nerve can be aggravated by a number of things from neck injury, acid reflux or even hormone or electrolyte imbalance.  In my case I deduce that it is hormone imbalance due to the menopause.  Defniately worth reading up about.  Triggers food wise etc can be hot or cold (I have never enjoyed ice cream or iced drinks they make me feel "unwell") spicy foods, caffeine, alcohol and cigarette smoke.

I hope this might give some of you something worth reading up on to help you with your symptoms.

I have found exercising through the pains and simple relaxation breathing exercises help.  Sleeping on one pillow, staying away from smokey atmosphere and avoiding all foods and drinks that make me feel even the slightest unwell.  

If you have problems get it checked out by the doctor first!

I have acid reflux problems which result in pain in the esophagus from stomach to top of the throat. This referred down the upper arms. It got so bad I was feeling ache in the upper arms when I swallowed. Also have a sort of altered sensation in little finger/ ring finger left arm. I was always having stomach pain left and right side. Sometimes gallstone problems .. brought on by loosing weight too fast! Sometimes loose bowels and bloating. It seemed to go in episodes when I was ok and then had some form of attack.

I was prescribed Lansoprazole oral dispersible tablets for the reflux and they did help but it takes a couple of days for them to kick in.

Some things I recently discovered .. I was allergic to chamomile tea which is related to ragweed. Also I loved Melon but have found I am allergic to that now (makes my lips go numb and tingle ) especially Canteloupe which funnily enough is related to ragweed. All the following are related to ragweed - banana, cantaloupe, cucumber, green pepper, paprika, sunflower seeds/oil, honeydew, watermelon, zucchini, echinacea, artichoke, dandelions, honey (if bees pollinate from wild flowers), hibiscus or chamomile tea. Apples and pears either raw or cooked seem also to be off limits although I can get on with stoned fruits! Tomatoes are also acid making. Beware of fruit juices.

If I have a reflux attack or feel bloated I do the following:

1 . keep away from gassy drinks & fruit juices. Keep off tea or coffee for as many days as you can. Drink sips of water through the day and keep hydrated.
2. Eat plain light food that is non spicy or fatty.. little but often. I can tolerate bananas although this fruit is also related to ragweed. Get up and walk around after a meal. Deflatine helps with trapped wind.
3 Do not eat a meal more than 4 hours before going to bed. Do not lean forward if you use a computer. It applies pressure on your stomach. If things are bad use Gaviscon Advance an hour or so before going to bed. I take it with a sip of water. It makes a sort of raft keeping the acid down below and not in your mouth. Sleep with pillows or prop up your bed at the head end. If you sleep on your side ..sleep on the right side .. seems to help me.

Hope this helps.