Wow Wow folks, same exact thing here.  33 year old female in very good shape but not a lot of exercise lately, which has traditionally caused me to get minor heartburn.

Started with tightness in the chest, moved to intense pain in the chest, shoulder, arm, also below the left ribs.  Feels like I'm going to die.  Burping and benign positional vertigo, check!  What the heck is wrong with us people?  I've been up all night tonight, haven't slept through the night without waking up having a "heart attack" for a long time now.  Kind of wish it would just hurry up and kill me, but doesn't sound like it's going to.

If anyone gets better please help!  And I'm going to try the ayurvedic herb, that sounds like a winner to me.

I have also had these symptoms over the yrs. and was told by a doctor 7yrs. ago that the stomach is on the left side of your body and the acid affects the esophagus nerves hence the reason you get the numbness and tingle in your left arm and leg, over the yrs. i've had ekg, stress eco test, observations. it is scary! but it can be reversed, appetites and life style has to change! do your part and save your money trying to chase cures for this life style problem.

Hi All, 

Glad I found this is not so uncommon. I am 34 and have started with a lot of the same symptoms which started about a month ago. Chest pains, mostly in the centre of my chest just below the rib cage or sometimes across on the left, often this is accompanied by a lot of burping. Occasionally I have a fast heart rate and high blood pressure. First time it happened I got myself to hospital, ECG, blood test all came back clear and it was put down to an axciety attack. I've also just gone through the trauma of losing my daughter 3 months ago and stress and anxciety from this are most lightly manifesting themselves in physically. 

But it started happening more frequently, my father required a heart transplant in his 40's which of course makes me worry more, had two more ECG's since, most recent one identified a possible enlarged heart for which I am going to have more test. For one week my pain was so bad I was doubling up, not eating etc, the Dr's started treating for GERD and its eased up but still daily bouts of pain.  Further more I was found to have a bacterial infection in my stomach, Helicobacter Pylori's which can cause stomach ulcers and complications, apparently 1/4 of the UK population has this but most people are not effected. They have started a treatment for this incase its the root cause of the GERD.

Main points of this are:

- If you feel chest pains and are concern get it checked by a Dr, don't mess about with your life putting it off. 

- Understand your not alone, a lot of people are going through the same things and worse.

- GERD does seem to be a real factor in causing these symptoms, asked about treatments for this, look at managing your diet to calm GERD down (and look after your heart)

- ask your Dr about Helicobacter Pylori, tests can be from gas (breathing into a tube) or faecal analysis, if you have ulcers this could be causing it

- Avoid stress where you can, if something small is getting you angry or upset, put it in its place, its small and insignificant

Importantly take the experience, however uncomfortable and scary its been, and think about what you can do to help others who are suffering. What ever it maybe. Positive thoughts and positive actions will improve your overall wellbeing. 

Get well soon, 

Badger

I have had these symtoms forever it seems. It all started when I was 18 and im 25 now. The anxiety the pains etc...lately its been exsessive burping and short sharp pains just to the left of the solarplex and ache pains in my arm pits. I know this sounds funny but I found the fastest way to relieve my issue is (if you have a significant other) sex & 4 play, sometimes i find its mind over matter with the anxiety and overall tension. I always worry and think im in serious trouble ive been on nexium for 3 years and have drums of tums in every vehicle, most rooms i spend time in and at my workplace but I dont think I will ever get fixed. :-( ive gone through Ekgs blood work endoscopys and several midnight trips to the E.R. from severe chest pains. Someone would be rich if they found a cure!

Thank you for making me feel human again.   Been diagnosed as prone to panic attacks 20 years ago and have had several attacks over the period.  Also irritable bowel syndrome in the last 14 years. And GERD (acid reflux) earlier this year! You tend to forget after the last attack how bad things got. I was convinced at 4.30am this morning that I was having a heart attack, a stroke and any other thing the mind could conjure up at that moment in time!  Got woken up with heart racing at God knows what speed, pain in the chest, left arm and left leg, numbness in the entire left side of my body inccluding my face to the point where I could keep my balance when I got up to go the loo. A slight headache came on and I had to take two soluble aspirin tablets (probably more thinking I could help things a bit before I have to call the ambulance). Started feeling severe heartburn. All in all was totally convinced I would never walk again when I got back into bed.  Things got worse when I got back into bed, so I decided to go and check the Internet to confirm I was living my last moments. Every panic attack seems to produce slightly different symptoms from and additional ones to the those I felt the last time.  Even crept in next door to touch my daughter who was asleep in case I did not make it back upstairs!

Going on the Internet was the best decision I made as I have been in stitches for the last couple of hours reading other posts.  And guess what, I'mstill here. I just realised that the heart is no longer pounding, there is no longer any pain in my chest and the numbness has for the most part gone.  Heaftburn still persists though and so I will be calling on the GP later this morning to get the blood pressure checked and to get another prescription of the Lansoprazole which has tended to help with the heartburn although it causes me its own problems.

I tend to to agree that a GERD episode and panic attack feed off each other as I have suffered both severely this morning.  When I reflect back, invariably I am able to establish that either I have had a fair bit alcoholic drinks and a fair amount of cafeine or I've had them late in the evening.  Also thinking about all the things you hate at work and people who are trying to do you in does not help. 

I say happy thoughts everyone, less alcohol, less cafeine, less acidic foods and fruits if you suffer these symptoms! What does that leave us with?  Above all you must see your GP to eliminate those ones that might actually cause you serious harm! Hope this helps someone.

I have the same symptoms. In Feb 2011 they said I had no blockages but a large hyital hernia. In Nov. they said I had a blockage and wanted to operate. I said no way, blockages do not form that quickly. Then they said that I have conjestive heart failure (CHF) and gave me nitro pills which I take when these symptoms occur. It relieves the burping and tingling. I still think it is my hernia. Can't convince them.

I'm having similar symptoms. I'm only 21 and am doubtful its too serious. I have been taking Gas-x with no luck whatsoever. It has been 5 days of sharp agonizing pain so far. My heart rate usually sits around 75BPM an has been above 90BPM everytime I check it. I have a high tolerance for pain. I went about my daily routine for 4days with a ruptured appendix, acting as though it were the flu. After that near death experience I don't want to take another gamble. It's a sharp pain on right over my heart and occasionally into my neck/shoulder blades. Breathing is a task and my arm randomly goes numb. I have bad acid reflux but no heart issues run in my family. I'm extremely active and have less than 3%body fat. Help?!?!

Quick up date. After seeing the heart specialist they say that's fine, good blood pressure, heart rate, ECG, low cholesterol the lot.

Was treated for stomach ulcers and GERD and have been fine for two months until this week when its coming back mildly. I think some of this has to do with stress and work, have pulled a few 12 hour days to get reports done and eating a fair amount of fatty food. I think diet, stress and general energy levels are important.

OBM, what did you find out. I am curious to find out.

After 2 trips to the ER and a cardiologist visit they believe it's either torn muscles in my chest and ribs or an infection in the sack around my heart. The ER claimed infection and the cardiologist claims muscles. I haven't been lifting or done anything strenuous to tear a muscle but the pain is unbearable. I have Vicodin and am taking 3ibuprofen every 4hours for swelling. Nothing is working. At the ER my heartrate was 149 normally it's 70. A chart for swelling has a max number of 3 my rate was a 28 and my SED rate was normal. They should be consistent for an infection. I have no idea what to think of this, anyone else? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

All of you here try this, I have the exact same issues as you. Have your scapula rotated and worked on, the muscle puts pressure on your lung and triggers a panic , which in turn causes numbness and chest pain. Use a tennis ball against the wall and lean against it to work it out. Also, keep away from spicy, greasy, or acidic foods, as well as caffeine and alcohol. Acid reflux contributes to an attack.

I have had the same upper pain in my left chest, through to my upper back, down my arm, and into my jaw. Accordingly I have had GI tests, ultrasounds, heart treadmill, etc.. Even prescribed antacids, antidepressants and been told it is fibromyalgia only on my left side. Recently I am going to a physiotherapist who thinks it is spinal stenosis. Therefore, I have lots of eercises to move and strengthen my shoulder blades and posture. Some days it really hurts and others I feel fine. The pain can be bad at night when I am trying to sleep.

I'm 25 with the exact same ordeal still trying too figure out what it is but i don't think it's anxiety, I have not had as many tests as you since the docs keep fluffing it off because i'm only 25 but they aren't precribing me anything either which is reallly frustrating because i have had no sense of relief for literally 5 months now

Hi  I am 32years old female , about 4 months have been feeling the same simptoms that you guys had described, pain in my left back and chest and my pain become worse when I do some movement with the left arm, I have been burping alot, numbness on the left side. I had  ultrasound of my left breast and x-ray of my back and everything was clear, The sensation is like pipe from my back blade that goes to the throat and make me burp. I have been very depressed in the last few days thinking in the worse because I have a baby almost 8 months old and she needs me alot. 

It's wind getting trapped and is making you feel like you're about to have a heart attack, mine is always worse when I smoke. Smoking seems to create a lot of wind in my stomach that seems to put pressure on my chest somehow as it rises. If you get sharp pain in your chest in bed, just sit up and press on your belly and try to get the wind out with a burp, you will feel better. When I was younger I didn't know what it was and ended up in hospital having heart exam, it's just trapped wind. If you are prone to this, or panic attacks that can produce similar feelings of imminent death :) just stop smoking and do not drink to much alcohol, it puts stress on your heart, nervous system and can produce panic attacks, especially the day after a heavy drinking session as the drink leaves your system

Always get heart pain checked out incase you are having serious problems, but do yourselves a favour, do not smoke, it causes most of this chest pain and does put a extra load on your heart making you high risk for heart attack. Also don't over eat, this can cause serious wind that can get trapped in your chest if you are prone to it, if you get bad back pain from wind, you need to start lifting dumbells doing things like bent over rows and situps, to strengthen your back, and core muscles in your stomach, this will stop you from getting problems with wind that causes back pain.