I have had extensive investigation and the theory so far is that it was an imbalance in my hormones that has caused damage to nerves. I was always very very fit, slim and had a very healthy diet. Although gerd was an initail diagnosis, testing disproved this. I have been offered a mild antidepressent to dull the nerves, but at this time feel this would not be right for me. The past 10 months I have tried to get back to my old self by pushing myself to continue exercising, keeping busy and eating healthy. I think it is time patience and a healthy lifestyle and positive out look (mind over matter) that will get everyone through this. Yoga, K.O.R.E. and other alternative therapies are helpful and give short term relief. Hope this helps.

I am so glad to have found you all!  Last Friday I started feeling chest pains and my upper stomach was hurting.  I've been feeling numbness and tingling for a while, but felt it was asthma meds (they sometimes do that).  By Monday I went to my allergist and to a gastro.  Allergist said that my asthma may actually be my stomach acids.  Gastro proscribed nexium and I have an endoscopy and colonoscopy on Monday.  I've felt so many traveling symptoms:

Shortness of breath

Pain in rib area

Burping

Regurgitating

Heartburn

Arm numbness and tingling

Feeling of something stuck in my throat

Since I have been taking the nexium I have felt my first full breaths in years (since I was diagnosed with asthma).  I just bought a juicer ... made a combination of carrot juice, kale and apple.  It seemed to have helped quite a bit!  I do a LOT of yoga ... and I have finally experienced what "breathing" is ... despite the fact that I feel worse than I ever have.  

I need to make some lifestyle changes of course. Don't we all?

I have all the same symptoms, except the numbness. I get chest pains, burping and bloaty feeling. And I too have noticed when I am eating good, exercising regularly I don't get it as much but when I eat crappy food and slow down on the exercising it comes back full blown!!!! I have had about 6 ECG's over the past 2 years plus cardio blood work and xrays and they have found nothing wrong with my heart... I know I should believe them especially after so many normal ecg's but the chest pains are so scary!!!!

I have the same symtoms exept not heartburn when I toch cold watere it feels likes it burns my hand and I have chest pain and my shoulder it hearts bad I hade this pain for about 2 months its start on my chin and my neck and this time it went to my right shoulder.

Hey Guys 

i have read all your posts, i am 27 and I have had these symptoms since last chrismas 2011.  With me it was a result of stress and a lack of mobility caused by office work.  This is not medically proven but i have never had any issues untill i took a job which was stationary most of the dat.

In April of 2012 i collapsed randomly, bear in mind i do not smoke or drink.  A&D found nothing and said i was in excellent health.  And my doc found nothing to.  Th common them between us is chest pains numbness and heat burn,  i have had indigestion problems since i was a kid.  wouldn't be a bad idea to test yourself for h pylori, its a tropical virus that cause really bad indigestion problems. Speak to your doc

Plus i have noticed my symptoms started when i stopped exercising due to a broken rib, after 7 months of not training I have developed this numbing sensation in both arms.  i used to weigh 80 kg and now i weigh 88 kg and i think there is a definite connection.       

My tips i have found that work are as follows:

1) Start training, move around get blood circulating

2) cut down on caffeine, caffeine increases your pain receptors. I love coffee but i dont drink anything with Caffine after 5 pm and my body responses more positively. increase the amount of iron in your body.

3) As someone mentioned before, join a Chiropractor.  Doctors haven't been much help with me, ive been seeing a chiropractor for a week now and already feel better.  Breath deeper, numbness is still their but doesnt hurt at all.  

4) Lastly see a nutritionist, i think this is just a sign from our bodies telling us its not happy.  I went on holiday to morocco for two weeks and had no symptoms whilst there. 

If the chiropractor fails i will join a osteopath, I have already had treatment from a Phsio and that helped but not as much as the Chiropractor.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has a solution and if my attempts succeed i will be in touch.

p.s it is freaky tho, i keep thinking iam gonna have a heart attack one of these days. 

Good luck people

I had excellent diet, excellent exercise, very good health prior to becoming ill. I had extensive investigation ruling out heart burn/acid reflux, also excluded was h pylori. Various digestive tract disorders were also ruled out.
A surge or dip in hormones is believed to have damaged major nerves that affect my heart rate, breathing and digestive system. It has taken me 10 months and I still am not yet 100%. Forcing myself to be active and "mind over matter" along with pain relief and alternative therapies are what have helped. I do believe from reading that nerves take a long time to heal.
When you read about hormones and nerves in depth you can see very close connections to all of our symptoms.

I was initially treated for a muscular injury and then acid reflux ( I had a major reaction to the acid reflux drug) clearly this is because as I knew within myself acid reflux was not what was wrong.

I hope this helps others. It does get better with time however this is the second such episode I have had in 14 years, regardless that I have always had a very health lifestyle.

hey Tigerlilly this is awesome as I too feel that it has SO much to do with the nervous system AND hormones, it's incredible how much it affects IT ALL. I have been having Ganoderma, an Asian herb that tranquilizes you naturally and helps your immune system too, it's been the BEST alternative remedy thus far, after 2 years of searching :)

I had the same symptoms 12 years ago. Doctor thought it was GERD, he was dead wrong! I ended up with Quad Bypass Surgery. Go see a Cardiologist QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegamusician
ThanksI am going to see if I can get hold of the herb you suggested and see if that makes any difference. I have been offered a mild anti-depressant which can help "dull" the nerve responses, however I have refused this as I feel that it may affect my ability to work and cause unneccesary side effects.

Guest - I have been thoroughly investigated by a cardiologist and apart from suspected coronary artery spasms triggered also by hormones my heart is very healthy for my 52 years of age and I am very fit and have a very healthy diet. As the suspected spasms became worse I had a major episode leading to this second different type of chest pain which is tiring, causes constant discomfort, sometimes unbearable hence they have come to conclusion that it is hormones damage to nerves as well as when there was a dip/surge in hormone levels this was when I have suspected coronary artery spasms.

I have had scans, tests, cameras down, stress tests and nothing showed anything.

It is distressing and you feel like a hypochondriac the way you are treated but you know it's real and you know it's painful it's just so very difficult not knowing exactly 100% what is wrong.

Think positive, keep exercising, eat healthy and you will get better xx

I'm am experiencing the same thing. I'm going today to have tests run.i hope they figure out what it is. I know what your going through! If Ithey do figure it out I'll post it to you. And hopefully when you mention it to your doc, they can go from there.

i've had similar issues, except not much in the pain in the chest and arm area as much. mostly the shortness of breathe, light headedness and the feeling to have to cough. feels like a air bubble in your chest pops or something and makes you feel like your heart skips a beat or something, followed by a shortness of breathe. i do think a lot is controlled by your own brain. ive noticed that when you are active and your mind is occupied, doesnt seem to happen as offten, but when you are sitting around and can think about the systems, it seems to manifest into a hugh problem episode! has anyone looked into respitory issues? like holes or tears in the lungs. had a friend you had a small hole on her lung and was having chest pains, shortness of breathe ect...i still find it hard to believe that all this can come from intestinal problems!! but i have noticed a weird feeling after eating, like an uncomfortable bloated feeling, un able to burp...

hi!
i've looked into respitory issues and they did find that i have sarcoidosis which can cause chest pain and everything that i've described in my earlier post, however they say that my sarcoidosis is so mild that i do not need treatment and that my sympthoms are not caused by it. i see a heart doc next wednesday even tho my primary doc says that it's not my heart, i wanted a second opinion however i do have this feeling that he's right and it's probaby just gerd or something but i totally feel like all these doctors think i'm crazy!

I'm back! i finally got into see the heart doctor and you know what.... he said everything is fine! he's ordering an ultra sound of my heart to make sure that none of these sympthoms are heart related however he says he's almost certain that they are not heart related. it's crazy. now that i know that information you would think that my  mind would be put at ease but it's not. now it's racing to find out what is wrong with me. i'm so puzzled by these sympthoms that i asked the doctor how i would know if it's my heart. i mean i don't want to be sitting at home with these pains and just stay there cuase i've been told and tested and told again that it's not heart related but the doctor just said that there would be no question in your mind if you thought it was your heart. there would be no sitting around and waiting, you would instantly get up and get to an er. i'm puzzled so much it's depressing. 

does anyone else have an update???

HAS ANYONE WITH ALL THESE SYMPHOMS EVER HAD AN ECHOCARDIOGRAM DONE???? IF SO WHAT WERE THE RESULTS AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE AS TREATMENT????

Hi I have had an echocardiogram and everything there was fine. It is a year since I had my most major episode and I think I have seen every consultant possible, they are now looking at nerve damage to my autonomic nerve system due to a hormone imbalance. I was able to to tell them that certain other symptoms were affected by changes in my hormones. It has also been suggested that I am hypersensitive. I hear and smell things that others can't. I have heard a mouse running on carpet and no one else heard it, I smelled a gas leak that no one else could smell but it smelt bad to me, and the engineer said I was right but that it barely registered on his equipment! Having read about about how hormone imbalances can affect the autonomic nerves and how this can affect, heart rate, breathing, digestive system and the knock on affects of this now make me suspect that this may be something that more people on this site (especially those where heart issues have been ruled out) should start to read upon and ask for further investigation. It is a year since this most recent episode started for me and I was so ill then that I could hardly walk, stand, I was in so much pain, eating was difficult, but at times I felt so ravenous that if I didn't have food I would be sick. The pain and symptoms would change and vary although the sternum and sharp chest pain were there most of the time. I was extremely fit and healthy had an excellent diet. I had always been about 7lbs overwirght and worked with a personal trainer to try to lose this. I was never able and he was confused as the level of exercise I had increased to at times should have meant that it did go. He joked at that time that either I had a hormone imbalance or that I was secretly eating chocolate. Since being ill even though I was eating all sorts and more than I had done and doing no exercise the weight kept falling off. I struggled to keep it on. It has now started to go up. I am increasing my exercise. I have found that sticking to a low carb diet with lots of fresh fish, chicken and meat and vegetables is better. If Iintroduce any bread, rice, pasta or lots of fruit the pain worsens. I cook with garlic herbs and ocassionally some fresh cream in a sauce. A cup of milky coffee or one with a spot of cream is good, tea tends to make me nauseus. Water I sip as drinking lots at one time makes me feel sick. I am taking omega 3 & 6, a multi vitamin and extra Vit c during the winter. I am much better than I was a year ago but I am still far from right, still get very tired and it has defniately affected my sight and ability to focus and concentrate on tasks. I hope this may be useful to some of you. I know how bad it is but hang in there and stay positive, if it is nerve damage if you live a healthy life style they will repair but it can take a long time. BW