Edy, is there something going on in your life right now that you're not comfortable with. Body ailment sometimes is a cry for help of the soul. Are you happy in the space you live, and the people you live with? Are you happy with your job? When I had all this happen to me it was a time of extreme stress that I was ignoring, but then my body did all the talking for me. Analyze what's going on around you, and put YOURSELF first on top of everything, the person that matters is you. And your body is desperately trying to tell you that.
Cheers!

DO THE MASTER CLEANSE/THE JUICE CLEANSE

@Frenzee77, I know this is old but I am glad I read this. Thank you for posting this! I am going through this very thing right now. I haven't started my meds yet but I was prescribed the same thing you were. I have the SHARPEST pain ever in my left chest, panic attacks and yes feeling as if I am dying 5 days straight now. Went to the hospital and they told me it was GERDS.

I must say I didn't believe the doctor at first but after reading your post I am sure that is what I am having. I am going to be getting my Prilosec today and also Vicodin for the pain. In the off chance that you read this, did the Maalox help the pain at all? I am not sure I can do this for another week before the meds start working. As I have been having panic attacks, shaking, headaches, feeling like I can't breathe, heart pounding, almost passing out. I also wake up from sleeping in the past five days I have only gotten about 8 hours sleep. So please on the off chance that you read this, did the pain simmer down a little with the Maalox? Thank you for helping me feel like I am not crazy and not the only one going through this. Sorry about any bad spelling and not doing paragraphs right.

If you want to get rid of the pain. Suck back 2 oz of Apple Cider vinegar. I use a shot glass. Do 1 oz, then immediately do another 1 oz. that' s it. 5 min later you will start to feel better...let yourself belch out if you have to.

My wife has just got diagnosed with breast cancer - our diets? We didnt have any. Now all of a sudden I start doing research to help her get ready - I get these symptoms now I have a problem??? I have a bad heart valve...doc says live with it - fine.

Goin on 2 days right mild (luckily) chest pain now hands tingling. Possible strain on my body - I am having 'sadness' attacks and trying to work it out finally dealing with reality.

Solutions...wow acid reflux? Possible...causes - not enough OXYGEN to blood - no absorption in large intestines of foods...Vitamin B12 diffeciency? Blood Sugar? Someone mentions eat fatty carbs to help..possible:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0003953/

Glucose is a major source of energy for most cells of the body, including those in the brain. Carbohydrates (or carbs) are found in fruit, cereal, bread, pasta, and rice. They are quickly turned into glucose in your body. This raises your blood glucose level. Hormones made in the body called insulin and glucagon help control blood glucose levels.

I am getting a device called "Relion"in Walmart to test sugar.

Also check yer blood PH levels; base is better - gonna start on a small asparagus supp. I am working on a cancer-free diet plan.

I have some info on Acid Reflux; a litle orange juice to start (stomach isnt producing enuf acid!).

This is all I have I will let you know my results I bookmarked this site.

MrZeta

Like many others I am glad I found this discussion.  I am a 31 year old male, and my symptoms started out of nowhere about a year ago.  I was in a small team meeting, very informal, and I started feeling antsy... that feeling you get when you have a near-accident in your car (thats the best I can describe it).  Minutes later my chest started hurting, my left arm was tingling down to my ring and pink finger, and my left ear was a bit prickly/numb.

I didn't eat anything at all that day, and was worried that perhaps my blood sugar was low.  I hit the vending machine for a snack and sat with some friends.  The pain wasn't stopping and it was becoming more of a nuisance.  I can't say that it got worse, but it definitely felt as though it was increasing in area.  After finishing the last 2 hours of the day I head home and on the way I decided to stop at an urgent care center (not an ER).

They took me back and did an EKG.  The doc came in and said he should call an ambulance because I have an inverted T-wave.  He didn't know if this was normal for me but recommended I go to the ER to get it checked.  So against his will I declined an ambulance and had my wife take me to the hospital.  I sat in the waiting room of the ER for an hour and was taken back for another ekg, chest xray, and blood work.  I was in an ER bed for close to 5 hours until they came back and said they wanted to have me stay overnight.  I forgot to mention the entire time I was in the ER I was cold, and shaking.

Long story short, all tests came back normal.  My cardiologist was there in the hospital and asked if I wanted to stay another day for a nuclear stress test or keep or see him in office for a standard stress test (in 2 days).  I opted to be discharged after he said everything was OK and waited for the stress test and echo cardiogram.  Both came back normal.  I was told that I probably have muscle strain and anxiety.

Fast forward 9 months.  I have another similar episode, and told myself for the better part of 2 days that nothing was wrong, but the pain did not stop.  I called my doctor to make an appointment and they refused to see me because of the symptoms I described and said I had to go to the ER.  I was admitted fairly fast and they again ran an EKG, blood work and a chest xray.  Everything came back normal.  They gave me a "GI Cocktail" and that stopped most of the pain and pinpointed it directly below my breastbone.  Doc prescribed protonix and said if it keeps happening I should get an endoscopy.

Fast forward again, to about 4 days ago.  I started getting really bad chest pain, and burping A LOT ( I frequently find myself burping, I'm talking 20-30 times at a time).  Anytime I eat anything, I start burping and can taste what I ate 15 minutes ago.  Laying down aggravates the pain.  The first 2 days was burning and fullness, the next 2 days I just feel achy like I lifted a lot of weight with my left arm.  There is a dull pain in the left side of my neck which radiates up to my left earlobe.  I've taken "Di-Gel", Tums, Protonix, and Tylenol... the pain is still there.  Almost flu like.  It's scary but I really don't want to go to the ER again only to be discharged with GERD or Anxiety again.

I don't know what the heck is going on, but I am definitely going to make an appointment for a gastroenterologist and request an endoscopy.  In the meantime I have been watching what I eat, and drinking lots of water.  I will update as soon as I get the endoscopy results.

i keep having epsodies just as you describe. i get all the same symptoms and sometimes more. each time i'm told stress, anxiety, acid reflux and gerd. i've had every test you can imagine and i still find myself going to the er each time an attack comes , just to have the nurses and doctors think i'm losing my mind. i'm already overweight with diabetes and high blood pressure so i always think the worse. i'm always worried that if i sit and wait for the attack to pass, it could be my heart this time....

I too have had the same symptoms.  One about two years ago, it only lasted a day and now.  This time it has been about five days now.  Finally went in and had a ekg/xrays and blood work.  All came back fine.  I am scheduled for a stress test later this week.  The doctor said i have GERD, which makes sense because I have been burping alot, but also have shoulder and arm pain along with the chest pain and also my chest area is sore to the touch especially behind the breast bone and along the rib cage, which he  diagnosed me with Costochondritis.  Part of the relief is knowing its not my heart, the anxiety of thinking its your heart makes things alot worse.  Well, I am going to take the meds for the Gerd and the meds for the Costochodritis and hope it works.  I am assuming of course that the stess test will be good.  Will let ya know if the meds dont work

Hi, I posted earlier and wanted everyone to know that 2oz of apple cider vinegar (unpastuerized/unfiltered) helped relieve my symptoms. I am strongly starting to believe that this gas/bloating pain is related to low stomach acid.

I now can confirm it is stomach related, at least for me, because I tend to feel so much better when I get that big burp out. Im on day 6 of this and its finally starting to get better. Slight pain here and there but nowhere as near as bad as it was.

Quick question. Any of you remembering having bouts of stinky sulpher smelling burps? I used to get them when I was in grade school, then they stopped suddenly, later they came back in my late 20s. Curious if it may be related in some way??

I really feel for the pain and stress you guys are going through. I was born very premature in the fifties and have suffered with this condition all my life being forced to eat food I could not digest.I suspect the medical profession will not be helpful to most of you and will likely be dismissive and trivialize your distress. They may tell you that there is no money and therefore no point in research being undertaken on this group of symptoms especially in the area of genetics. There are probably many more people out there that share your problems than you could ever guess, who have been labelled hypochondriacs, institutionalized, committed suicide or just given up. There will not, in all probability, be a miracle cure in this area in the near future. Hang in there. These symptoms are all manifestations of a common cause that goes beyond medicine as some have guessed. Linked to an evolutionary past and a soul which it seems is now no longer fashionable to admit to.

I have experienced burning chest pain, panic attacks, racing heart rate, nausea, numbness and tingling in right hand and upper arm and spasmodic pain in other parts of torso for five months. I was diagnosed with heartburn and given medicine (Lansoprazole) which reduces the amount of acid my stomach produces. I have found that the heartburn has gone but I still experience some occasional sharp aches and pains in my upper body and some nausea now and then.

Since then I have felt much better by changed to a healthy diet and avoided citrus and spicy foods and eaten less. I have lost 8 pounds in weight and taken daily gentle exercise and made sure I get enough sleep. I have learned to relax more and am taking back and neck massage exercises which helps relive the tingling in my arm.

My advice to anyone with similar problems is go back to basics by changing to a healthy diet, regular exercise and drink plenty to water and take vitamin supplements. Make sure you consult your Doctor first before reducing or stopping any medicine you have been prescribed.

Wow! There's a myrad of symptoms here! Some sound like reflux, gird...some hormone related. Others or many stress related. I've a sensitive area behind my left shoulder blade. I've always been informed by my chiropractor that is a weak area where I hold stress. Also I recently learned about the ulnar nerve in the elbow. I'm behind a computer/desk for a living, and so I'm paying attention not only to my posture, but regulating how I handle stress, etc. Check on ulnar nerve for tingling fingers. Check on hormones for panic attacks, racing heart. Learn to cope/lower stress if possible; B vitamins & minerals help. My Naturopath prescribed a gaba..something called Zen which is an amino-acid + herb (I believe), all natural which aides in handling stress. Mechanics are important involving pain indicators, so watch posture & ergodynamics, stretch often...block outside noises/distractions if possible. Don't forget to breathe deeply...doing so as I'm typing this. I'm not a medical professional, just learning to care for myself. Happy Trails & wellness to all. Thanks.

MrB,

Thanks for sharing! That (I believe) is great advice! I think most MD's still treat acid-stomach with antacids. But alternative care folks suggest the apple cider vinegar test because stomach acid is too low!! BIG difference in treatment. I've heard just a tablespoon & if it stops the problem, obviously too low...but it make take awhile to get the levels back up. I've a theory regarding blood PH levels versus stomach lining levels & the process of osmosis. I believe when PH acid is too high, it tries to regulate itself by moving across the mucuous membranes thereby creating low acid in stomach lining. Great gerd or reflux, bloating/gas pain advice (I believe). Thanks for sharing!!

Oh my gosh MrZeta! Wishing you the best! Please keep us udated at your progress! _( )_ prayers are with you!!

hi jacko, i just read ur story and....well i went throw the same,, exactly the same as u described here, i see ur post was about 1year ago, i just wannted to ask u how are u and did u find anything else something that can help others including me...

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use