First off, saying "speed" makes people go crazy.

I'm 24 and prescribed 20mg of Biphentin (time released Ritalin). Ritalin is a form of speed, but more mild than dexidrine, adderall, or benzedrine. I'm not a doctor so all I can tell you is how it affects me.

My heart rate is immediately increased and stays a bit high all day. My appetite is suppressed to the point where food isn't important, but when my stomach is empty i can still feel discomfort. There's also substantial focus and motivational benefits.

Because of the heart rate increase, you can expect to burn more calories through the day. With the suppressed appetite you'll likely lose out on weight that you put on through snacking or overeating.

In my opinion you should look towards other ways to lose weight. Learning about proper nutrition is a great way. If you know exactly what you're eating and how it will affect you, you're more likely to think about what you put in your body. Thinking that things like muffins and sausages are better for you than donuts and chicken nuggets is a good example of nutritional ignorance. Read labels, learn about where fats, carbs, and proteins go once they enter your body, and maybe even consider becoming vegetarian?

As for the rest of you that put a hate on as soon as someone uses a street name for a drug, you should probably hold back unless you know something about the drug, and you're willing to educate the OP on why she should or shouldn't use it. Simply because it's illegal doesn't make it bad. Cigarettes are legal and they kill people, marijuana is illegal and it doesn't.

Guest wrote:

My mother was prescribed an amphetamine weight loss drug by a physician in order to lose weight in 1996. She took this drug for two years. You don't know the hell I have been through with her. It has really affected me. I cannot even trusted her around my newborn. Her moods go up and down. When you are in a room you can feel her moods. She always things she is right even when she is completely wrong. Many people think my mom is crazy, as I. I am now 31. I wish I could sue the physician. He told her two years later. She was totally unaware. I don't know if there is anything I can do. It has been so long.

Unless you want to become a controling unpredictable individual that no one will trust. I would never recommend this drug for weight loss. My mom has gained weight now after the little bit of weight loss she had in those years. The reason is her mental state has hr splerging all the time on junk foods. It is now 2009. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG! It will not only change you, but it will affect everyone around you. It will not help with your weight loss in the long run. You may thing it makes you more confident, but it really f**ks your brain up. My mom lost her job and no one wants to hire her. She is totally unpredictable from this drug. I cannot trust her, but it is not her fault. I only trust her with our baby when someone else is there with her.

I don't want to offend you, but...that's not a typical response to long term speed use. It can also be the fact she would probably pop a bit every day. I did speed (for the first time) almost a week ago, my eating pattern's not returned to normal, although I can control myself I guess; I did it with people that do it recreationally every so on, and one girl who used to do a lot of speed, mainly for concentrating and doing work. She's not a horrible person, and she's not screwed up because of it.

I'm not a doctor, or pretending to be. But blaming the irresponsible prescription, given to someone who sounds like they were always susceptible to mental health issues (even if they hadn't had any symptoms up until then) is my take on why that happened. If she was also allowed to abuse it, then that adds to the reasons.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

i would do anything to lose weight. even if it means that i die trying.  i am so tired of being miserable and made fun of, you people that dont have a weight problem dont know how it affects you both physically and mentally. 

hey yall

i've experimented with amphetamine (speed) for a couple of years. 4 years ago, idecided to do some everyday when i woke up for work for productivity. 2 weeks later i began having irrational fears and thoughts, misinterprating other people's actions and words, and so on. i stopped the day after cuz i was becoming scared of myself.

i've read that long-term amphetamine use can lead to a chemical imbalance, more precisely chemical toxicity in the brain, which would cause those symptoms (paranoia, etc)

it is not recommended to use/abuse(big quantities) amphetamine or methamphetamine or any kind of cousin of this drug for weight loss because of the brain toxicity. (it has something to do with dopamine , serotonin and other stuff.)

and for fatboy, some people do understand. i once was very overweight. best to exercise just a lil bit everyday (and eat well), since oyu bruned calories, you can eat much more when you exercise. Don't lose hope.. if you want tips to lose weight pm me.

take care yall.

meg1354 wrote:

Hello! I am Christine and I am 22 years old. I have a problem with weight. To be precisely, I am over weighted. I have tried everything to lose my weight, but nothing helped. Yesterday a friend of mine told me that I should try speed (amphetamine ). Can speed (amphetamine ) be used to lose weight? Thank you!

have fun killing yourself worst than being :'( about being fat who cares

The answer to your question, without moral applications, is Yes.  Amphetamines can indeed help you to lose weight.  They will increase your metabolism and help you to quickly burn off extra calories as well garnish your hunger.

Like anything else in life, drugs, alcohol, sex, fun, do all things with responsibility and in moderation. Never let your fun control you, have friends to watch out for early signs of over use.

But would you consider that taking speed as a pill would have the same effect?

thanks for this

As well as a balanced diet, you could consider caffeine as a weight loss aid. It's legal, cheap and won't f*** your heart & life. Two to four 'no doz tablets' on an empty stomach combined with cardio a few times a week will make a difference.

Ok I am on an amphetamine from a weight loss doctor It does work which is called Phentermine 37.5 tab. It in 2 weeks i lose 10 lbs but they do not work if your thyroid is too high or low you must have thyrod checked and take a thyroid pill if needed. I am on a thyroid medication also. I am 45 lbs overweight well 35 now. I have not exercised yet but doc said 3 times a week. I havent had the time with the job i have. But I need to. Only 300 calories per meal allowed for a female and 400 pe meal for a male. cut out all soda pops and drink water another of my bad habits was 2000 calories a day drinking just soda. Go see a doctor first I never felt high even when i first started taking the pills and I have never takin any kind of illegal drugs at all. I just felt bouncy and i was speaking fast and stuff, But now my body is used to them. I am hoping i loose the rest within 2-3 months.

I recently started taking a drug called Duramine/Metermine which is a speed based perscription pill to help u loose weight and gain more enegry. It is fantatsic you r not off your head like everybody else says, their are no symptoms except for a mouth like a sahara desert, which is good makes u drink a sh*t load of water which makes u full n not want to eat, it also boost ur motabalism and because u r on a small dose of speed ( u can either get 15mg, 30mg, 40mg,) ur energy levels increase . Making you get up n do things to also help the weight loss.
I suggested u dont take Speed of the streets as u also dont know whats in it, but perscribed from the doctor why the fuk not , its not illegal !

Go for it.

Ive lost 7.5kg in 2 weeks and im only on the 15mg as i dont have much more to loose.

Goodluck best wishes.

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

Guest wrote:

meg1354 wrote:

i used speed all the time(yellow jackets)over the counter and the answer to your question is yes it sure does.i loove it!!!!!!!! :P

What speed do you use then if you are losing weight with it? How do you find them over the counter? I thought that they were illegal? Let me know what you mean.

i really wanna do speed as im quite over weight, how long will it take for me to lose a noticeable amount of weight?

Guest wrote:

This is only my opinion

Street drugs are abused and produce psycotic symptoms.

When a drug isn't abused we can get a benefit from it.

For example if we take maybe 10mg of amphetamine a day and keep using it for a month then this way we can lose some weight but not get high and lose our minds.

It's hard to know what amount of amphetamine is in each tablet.

Thats why prescription medication is better because it tells you the dose you are taking.

There is another thing available online called the pink patch which i would like to try out but it is very expensive.

If you try amphetamines hide from your family so that no one knows your high also don't let anyone do anything that will make you angry coz when ur high u will not be able to control urself or your moods and u might act crazy.
people will know u are on drugs.

so its not ideal.

Tard to guest. You just encourage that girl to try it and how!!!!!!! Jeeze As someone with experience with this, DON"T DO IT!!!!! It will leave your life in shambles. You lose more then your weight, try everything!!!!! Tell your so call friend to take a flying leap, and talk to your doctor about weight loss programs that will work for you. Play it smart and do it right. The damage to your body is insane with the drug, and your only in your twenties.

If u sniffed a line of fet your doing it all wrong ha no wonder you was off you head put it in a rizzla wrap it up bite the top off an swallow it with water

Guest wrote:

i used speed to help me 2 loose weight, i used to only take a little bit in the morning which took me through out the day, i never did enough to make me high just enough to stop me feeling hungry, i took a little bit by swollowing with water and i lost 2 1/2 stone in 8 weeks, i had it for about 12 weeks after i reached my 3stone goal in about 14 weeks as my weight slowed down as i lost alot quick but then it slowed down. i had been taking speed for over 3months and did not become addicted or carve it at all. i still dont. i took it mon - fri so i was loosing the weight during the week and not taking anything on a weekend as that was when i was eating stuff that wasnt so good for you to get the intake that my body needed fat wise as i new if i cut this out completely i would make myself ill. now i have lost the weight i need i go to the gym to keep the weight off and still eat sensibily, as my body is now used to not eating until i have my dinner of a night i dont eat during the day but i still make sure i have something 'fatty' at the weekend as i dont wont to becaome ill, in my experince some people say do it some people say dont, i would say if you would like to try it make sure you do it properly and make sure you know what you are doing as i did and dont not go in to it with your eyes shut otherwise you will seriously harm yourself and end up in hospital or worse, its not for everyone and if you dont like the idea of taking drugs then that should be in the front of your mind then if i take it ill loose weight as it does have its own risks like sleeping very little, i used to only sleep anout 6 hrs a week so just think about what you want to do and make sure as i said you go into it with your eyes WIDE open!!

may I know your starting wheight and were you eating or drinking anything during the week , also , were you bingeing on weekend or eating "normal" amounts ? thank you so much for replying , was a bit in water in the morning enough to cut your hunger the all day ?

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS