Thank you for the reply. This is the most dangerous, and addictive drug I have encountered. It almost made my sister mad whilst she was using it to lose weight. She became completely irrational and unpredictable. She hullicinated severely and was utterly convinced there was a conspiracy going on, that the rest of the planet was unaware of.she ended up in a mental home, and has not fully recovered from the effects of the drugs.

yes it can, i lost 50 lbs taking phentermine it is a doctor prescribed speed and you do loose weight

I took speed for 2 years and lost 5 stone !! Never felt better xx it was in controlled amounts along with cycling and strict diet. I took it because I felt I didn't have the will power to get the kick start I needed but I can easily see how taking too much / over abusing could be detrimental to your health xx take care

Hi.. I was over weight after i had 2 kids ( 11.5stone ) and i wanted to lose 3 stone that i put on afterwards to get back to my old self weight ( 8.5 stone ) i am 25 and only 5ft2 so that is really overweight for me.. anyways.. i struggled to get past after my 1st stone down with regular excercise and clean eating which i worked so hard to get to.. So i got some base '' speed '' 2 months ago & i was weary of doing it but in the end started to do it.. I DO NOT go crazy with it as i know what drugs can do to you! esp speed if alot is taken ( heart attacks etc ) .. I only take a little bit ( tip of small spoon only ) 10-15mg i would say in the morning which lasts me all day and night of not feeling hungry.. However i must say if you dont eat it can end up VERY bad for your body as your starving yourself and WILL no can but it WILL lead to VERY bad future consequenses which is not worth it at all.

This is what i do for food : ( set yourself a rough time for breakfast lunch & dinner to when you normally feel hungry before u start taking it and stick to it )

- In the morning before taking it i have my cereal

- Lunch time i have my herbal life shake ( sometimes i leave out the shake and have a banana or grapes just mix and match whatever )

- For dinner i have 1 chicken breast with some lettuce and cherry tomatoes ( u can have small portions of anything at all thats healthy not just chicken, i chose that because that is what i like and can eat over and over lol ) .. You MUST make sure u eat even though your not hungry so the body isnt deprived of food ..

- 1 day at the weekend in my case usually a friday ( cheat day ) i dont take any speed at all and i have a chinese or indian or steak pie etc so my body still reconises junk food so when u do stop at ur desired weight u can still have your cheat day and not pile on all the weight with just 1 meal.

If you didnt eat when taking speed ( like if u check some comments of people who didnt ) & u get to desired weight and stop you would feel like constantly binge eating & feel lazy and end up putting the weight back on that you lost. ( i learned this the 1st 2 weeks of being on it as 1st week lost 5lb and 2nd week off it i put it bk on ) ..

I also take it for a week.. Stop for a week and so on.. Just so your body is not getting addicted to it! but when ur getting closer to desired weight stop for 2 weeks or so.

Exercise i do :

I continue to do fitness classes twice a week like i did before taking it and when i get a chance i go a brisk 3 mile walk which takes me 45 mins ( you can download an app to your phone which tells you your speed, calories, route and miles ) also if i cant get out to do the walk for any reason as i have 2 kids and work etc i put music on in the house and do excerises ive learned from fitness's classes for 30 mins ( also videos on youtube of fitness stuff ) .. so my body is still doing fitness aswell as still having food even though you dont feel hungry!

I have now lost another stone ( making it 2stone down ) 1 more to go and that is me! I feel great even when when i stop for the week i have so much more energy.

Please do not go crazy with the amount you take as ur heart does race! and can cause heart attacks etc .. also take breaks ( like i take it for a week break for a week and so on ) which helps to not get addicted like i said! and stop when u reach goal weight but continue to eat clean and train hard x

That is my expierence .. I wouldnt say i recommend it as thats me saying drugs are ok & there most defo not! If your gonna be sensible with it then this might help! But if your gonna do it please take my advice on what to do & only take little like i do..

To say alcohol addiction isn't as dangerous is extremely ignorant and incorrect. I advise you never to go into substance misuse work as you would potentially harm clients.

I started taking speed in 2004 to lose my baby weight before I got married. Was making a £5 bag do for 3 days, then nothing at the weekend. Just wanted something to curb my appetite as diets wasn't working. Within a year I was buying 1oz a week, pure uncut. Taking 6 days out of 7. Only ate on a Sunday. Only slept on a sunday. Dropped from a size 14 to just 84lbs.I lost numerous teeth through constantly grinding them. Took me 2 years to get back to 110lbs. I'm now about 170lbs and to scared to take again coz I don't want to be addicted again.

How in the f**k can some of you compare speed or amphetamines to meth. Jesus. You probably don't smoke tobacco in fear of being stoned.

Forums like this quite naturally attract those who have had a problem with an amphetamine or fear they might have a problem with it. It is in the nature of such forums to be negative. And that's fine. After all, the negative reviews are sincere warnings that should be taken into consideration.

Nevertheless, in this particular case, speed has been prescribed by doctors for decades. They actually have helped people with ADD and other conditions. It would be a shame for someone to come to this forum and become discouraged when their doctors prescribe an amphetamine that could help them..

Yeah that was a film. "Fiction"

My daughter was killed and I was physically and mentally injured. I was 100lbs all the sudden I gained 20 lbs eating one yogurt a day I'd been doing this for about 3 years, wanting to join my daughter. Anyways the theriaspst said your body is in survival mode. So I added a muffin in the morning and my yogurt at night. I didn't always have something in the morning. Well I gained another 25lbs. Wow 45 lbs. I'm so angry. I've ordered diet pills, I've bought diet pills and NOTHING worked. Between the loss of my daughter I'm sad, fray stated, very angry. I've tried to throw up and it didn't work, I couldn't do it. 3weeks ago I went to see my Nero surgeon but she said I was during. My color was gray, low blood pressure kidneys shutting down and etc. I have 3 Brain aneurysms. I need to get back to my weight, I'm depressed not finding anything to work. Any help? I will follow your answers. God Bless and wish you luck.

People just have addictive personalities. Yes, it will stave off hunger, but as long as you can make sure you meet a calorie goal and SLEEP, you will be fine. I take 90 mg a day, a 30 XR, and a couple 30 IRs. I do not recommend this dose, but it works well for me. I was prescribed this for aspergers, adhd, and head trauma (stimulants actually help). I would recommended you do adequate research and not just forums. People who have had their lives screwed up by this usually take way too much or don't eat and sleep. look up success stories from people, it really is inspiring. Also, see a psychiatrist to monitor your mood and habits if you take them. When you work out while taking them, check your heart rate. One more thing, if you need to cut back, I cannot stress this enough, but taper off. Best of luck

Iv been doing speed for the last few weeks to loss weight and it's worked. I only needed to lose 3 stone and I'm we'll on my way of achieving this! I'm not adicted to speed only take a little bit in the morning, don't get high or nothing it just stops me getting hungry during the day. I'd say to you don't take loads just be sensible and don't over do it, u only need a little bit. You also need to know the side affects before you take any. X

you could see the pounds melt away fairly quickly but with adverse reactions Know your limit

Hello! Yes, I would also like to know what speed are you using if you get it over the counter..? I am from South Africa and the only way you can get speed is through dealers...yes, not a good idea, so please, let us know what u use :)

You may wish to visit an MD who specializes in nutrition. He might tell you that it is what you eat is a factor in weight gain. That muffin is high sugar and high other carbs. Can you eat the yogurt unflavored? You might try just a little at a time. If you keep it up, you may begin to prefer plain.

Overriding all this is your weight gain -- a mystery only a doctor can solve.