Your 3-year old could have CVS (cyclical vomitting syndrome). Are you sure he is dizzy? I am only asking because I was not sure my daughter was experiencing dizziness until she was five. He may be a better communicator than my daughter was. I don't know about the BPV diagnosis. That is something you should be able to trigger with certain positions. It wouldn't be cyclical. Have you learned anything further? I am so sorry to hear your son is suffering.

Hi everyone. Well I have some interesting news for all of you. My 12 year old son is now 13. God has played an interesting role in our lives. We were set for a neurological check-up with still no sign of improvement, and the appointment was cancelled by the doctor's office on the morning of the app. We had been talking about trying alternative forms of medicine and took him to see an Ayurvedic Doctor who did a pulse test. He did not seem at all suprised by the two and half month cycle, stating that the liver works on the same cycle. He is currently on a detox programme including aloe gel etc and a diet of no cheese or yoghurt, coffee, fried foods or left-overs. We have been doing this for seven months and although he is still having the attacks, the effects have been reduced and they don't last as long. He has just started another attack two days ago, and still no vomitting. (Holding thumbs!!) We are also complementing his treatment by going to a homeopath and he gets acupuncture sessions once a week for about three weeks during these attacks. Hope this helps. Love and best wishes to all of you.

If the attacks stop altogether it will be worth hearing.
My daughter had accupuncture for almost two years, stopped eating milk products and meat, and started eating only whole wheat products and her attacks continue. We have an appointment for another neurologist.
Good luck

Hello All,

We've tried it before but we are going to try birth control pills again to see if that somehow will help. My daughter is due to be dizzy in April. We may try Depakote (250 mg every day for about two weeks before the attack until the attack is over). I was looking over my notes and, although the Depakote has never aborted an attack, I think it might take the edge off a little. I will keep you posted.

Jill

Hi:
Has anyone heard of Benign paroxismal vertigo of childhood?
Is this the case?

I would love to know how the liver detox is going. My son is 7 years old and like many others on this website he gets dizzy spells every two months. He has had every test possible and nothing has been found. Since his dizziness is on a cycle and he was born with hypospadias and an undescended testicle my next step was to get genetic testing done to see if this could be hormonal. He is a very intelligent and energetic child except during his 5 to 6 day episodes. I am willing to try anything! Please let me know if the vertifo is getting any better. Thank you for sharing.

My husband now 59 has been getting regular dizzy spells since he was 6 years old. Every two and a half to three months lasting up to 3 weeks which includes vomiting. Meneirs has been ruled out also. About a year ago for reasons unrelated he stopped eating beans. Right away the dizzy spells changed. Now he gets them every month but they only last anywhere from 2 seconds to one day with no vomiting. Four months ago he was operated on and given a medicine that contained a high amount of soy. Within a few minutes he had a severe dizzy spell including vomiting which lasted 5 days. Slowly it has improved and last months lasted only half a day. Odd though he tests negative for bean allergy.

Hi:
Actually I read about beans on the MAV site:
http://www.mvertigo.org/forum/
but didn't take it seriously. What kind of beans did he eat usually? How much beans werein his diet? Whem my daughter was vegi sheatea lot of beans but now I think that rather rare. My daughter started vitamin B2 about 4 months ago. (recommended by a neurologist) Her las attack was very light as far as the headache but she still got the bad dizziness. So we are still searching.

Hi: To go back a bit when he was 2 he started getting large blister on the palms of his hands and bottom of his feet. The doctors had no answers. That cleared up when he was 5. Then the dizzy spells with vomiting started at 6. We checked on Meneirs because of the caffine. Not Meneirs. What I noticed though was that when he was eating alot of chocolate and drinking alot of coffee his spells were more violent in nature as far as vomiting and severity of dizzy spells. The only other thing in common we found was both were beans. As I have a bean allergy myself to prevent me from having to cook two different meals we cut out the beans. After checking with the doctor she suggested we play around with different beans to see results if any. She also did a bean allergy test which came up neg.. The change came when we cut out soy, coffee, chocolate, baked beans and stringbeans. To be safe he does not eat peanuts or peas though we do not know how they would effect the dizzy spells if at all. He was just so happy to have the spells so light even though they now came once a month he has stopped looking any further. Why beans don't come up as an allergy is a mystery or is the dizzy spell the allergy in his case. He does seem to have a hard time avoiding soy especially when he eats out at work and I wonder if it builds up in his system? He never had headaches with this condition. I did notice one thing though. About 3 days before the spell he will argue with people and says he is not aware of it happening as well as he says his head feels funny but can't describe the exact feeling. That is where it stands now. I still search.

My daughter doesn't touch choclate or coffee. I do use soy sauce and they eat a lot of chick peas (humous) and techina (sesamee butter) (we are Israeli). I use a lot of stringbeans and peas also.
Well it doesn't hurt to try.
Both my son and daughter have these attacks. My daughter has had them for 5 years since she was 11 and my son started getting these atacks when he was 12 about 2 years ago.
As I said both are taking a supplement of 200 mg B2 which didn't seem to help the vertigo only the headache. (my son doen't get a headache)
Thanks for you post.

Hello everyone! I have been going back to these posts periodically for reassurance that we are not alone in this. My daughter Lilly now 12 has had migranous vertigo for 3 years now. Her first episode was on Christmas day when she smelled some perfume. Going to the emergency room was not something we thought of doing because we thought it was a one time thing so we put her on Dramamine. This lasted about 2 weeks with severe vomiting and the dizziness was so bad!!!! We were scared to be honest! As time went on we noticed she was getting this every 2 months. She has undergone vestibular testing, tumor rule out. She has been diagnosed with Migranous vertigo from Dr. Rubenstein. He actually has made a cockade implant for vertigo suffers. Also I may add that my Lilly is hearing impaired and wears hearing aides so of course we thought all this had to do with her ears, this pretty notably hormone related and she is currently going through one now she sleeps only on the couch poor thing! This are the meds she's on daily:
B-2 100mgs
Magnesium
Coq10
Fish oi (I put her on this myself) she hates fish but I heard it helps menopause & headach
D3
Birth control
We keep her well hydrated and if it gets really severe we take her to get injections of Torodol and immersed and phenergen
When she has her episodes we have her on Hydroxizine, promethizine and diomoxx these do help keep her sedated so she can sleep. She feels like a pill popper. Oh another thing I found out thehard way not to give her ibuprofen because it can cause rebound headaches so I have been giving her acetaminophen. I have also taken her to a narurapath which she mentioned that since this happens every other month it is cyclic and it may be one ovary more than the other because they each drop an egg at different months? I feel like putting her back on the vitamins she prescribed her just to see if it helps one of this was oregano. I really wish there was a magic cure but I'm feeling that just being in a controlled stat is as best as we r going to get right now. Oh also I was told to give her the diomoxx a week before the prodrone, she is seeing a neurologist in Spokane and has an appt in October for a headache dr. Not sure where else to turn trying everything. I'd like to get her hormones checked too but the liver theory is very interesting I will look more into that as well. I pray every day and someday God will answer our prayers best of luck to all of your children.

Hi everyone. Thank you all. What great support this site is. Today is Sunday and hubby was due for a dizzy spell last Thursday. It didn't come. Just slight pressure in head and that passed. Holding our breath. Long and short Dr. is going to test for CONGENITAL PERNICIOUS ANEMIA and has requested he take 5,000mcg B12 with folic acid for now. She did direct me to a few articles on this condition and surprise- One said that soy and other beans could possibly lower B12 in some people. She also asked if his parents like him had white hair at a young age. His mom did and that is one of the possible symptoms. Now we wait.

Hi have u ever gotten a dx? My daughter suffers from the exact same thing! She's 12 but has had this for 3 yrs now. Nothing works for her. All I do is cry because I feel helpless for her.

Hi:
Sorry to say English is not my mother tongue . What is a dx?

Hi. Update: Friday morning hubby went to Dr. with awful pain on rt.side. Apendix. Operated on right away. Strange, instead of intestines being swollen they had wrapped themselves around the apendix as if trying to protect it. Hard to describe. New Dr. so we mentioned the dizzy spells and he asked us to see if they came back next month. He said apendix going is rare at 59 and wondered if it might be a cause of spells going on since childhood. There would have been no pain all these years since the intestines did what they did. Beans might have caused irritation and the B12 helped keep the infection in check?
Do not know what dx is either? Could you please explain, Thank you!
Sorry about spelling.