thanks for posting. Would be interested in the other 3 options you found. Also, is the plan to take indefinitely? Would it ever become a med used at onset of dizziness? we feel more hopeful as we've exhausted the other areas of what this illness is NOT. hopefully, getting to root cause and treatment. glad you've had success.

HI! I'm a 17 year old girl. I'm worried because of what happened to me last Monday. Well, I was feeling all excited and energetic to go to school, when All of a sudden, I felt like if everything around me was spinning. I almost fell. Thank God my mom was there to grab me. So my mom took me to the hospital and the doctor said that I have vertigo. It is my third day,  and I still feel dizzy, I cant even wash my hair. Is there any cure for it?

Hi Mabel:
I hope the doctor has answers for you.
This thread is mostly about kids who have been sufferring for years a migrain and dizziness at periodic intervals.
You need patience.
This could be a one time incident. No reason to think it will continue. Be patient and optimistic.
take care!!!

My son is now 5 and he has been going through episodes since he was 2. I would almost venture to say all of his life, he was a very fussy baby. His happen every 8-11 weeks and last for about 5-7 days. He complains of the dizzies and when encouraged to walk he ends up vomiting. As he get older it seems to be worse when he goes outside. He physically can't walk we have to carry him. He has had an MRI with contrast and showed nothing but a bit of fluid behind his right ear. We have been to 2 neurologist, 2 ENT on of which put tubes in his ears. We are now on a waiting list to see a metabolic clinic with the intent to do some DNA testing. The only medication that has seemed to work is zophran to help with the nausea. I would love to hear if anyone else has gotten some answers for this. Amanda

My son suffers from the exact same thing. We are now on a migraine medicine but doesn't seem to help any. We are on a list for a metabolic clinic for some DNA testing. Would love to hear how the ENT went and the Nuero test. Thank you Amanda

My 12 year old son's dizzy spells have now morphed into no dizziness but two straight weeks of constant nausea and if not throwing up, feeling like he wanted to. Once he does, however, there is no relief and just feel exhausted by it. We are on a small dose of topomax (migraine med) with the assumption that this is atypical migraine. The hope would be that the topomax would act as a preventative to at least reduce the frequency and/or duration of these spells. We are also seeing a geneticist in a few weeks and a re-do of ENG test for audio/inner ear. We have walked a long road this past year with other out of the box issues that don't have quick explanation or fix. My encouragement to you would be to keep him as engaged with the outside world as possible. Whatever he can do to do it~keeping up with school work even if he's not attending is important. When the hole academically gets deep (if your son is older), it can make their discouragement that much worse...having a friend over to play video games is a great thing just to keep them from being isolated.

That is so wierd sound so much like my daughter. I started to notice her dizzy spell when she was around 3 years old and now she is almost 14 years old. She has it about every 3 months. When she is going through the dizzy spell it gets worse when she is outside and we use to have to carry her around also. She also gets very sick to her stomache and sometimes she would vomit. She has several MRI but nothing much showed up. She has been going to a neurologist and they thought it was migraine but her head does not hurt. But here is some GOOD NEWS. I hope it will last... This year she has been having problems with her asthma. She has bronchitis and also pneumonia. They put her on Certirizine 10MG Tablets once daily to help her with the problems she has been having this winter. Anyways the last dizzy spell was October 7,2012. THAT is over 5 months. I don't know but I am thinking the Certirizine is what preventing her from having the dizzy spells. This is the first time since she was 3 that she has not had a dizzy spell every 3 months. I will keep you all posted. I am praying this is the answer. My daugther and I have cried many days over the fraustion of her not being able to do things because of her dizzy spells.

HI Lisa:
3 months more have passed.
Is your daughter still dizzy-free?
My daughter was given Acetazolamide 250 mg 2 times a day prior to the attack and it didn't help.
She got the attack all the same.
I'm "lucky" we can try fine tunig the treatment with my son.
Hope to hear from you.

One more thing:
If you register as a member it will be possible to contact you by mail or private message.
This can sometimes be mor effective.
I'm really looking for success stories wich as you might noticed are scarce.

Since my daughter has been taking the meds and vitamins prescribed by the neurologist, she has had one spell on 1/31/13 and it lasted for only 1-1/2 days to where usually it is three days. She was stressed at time of the spell and I honestly think that stress is a main factor with the spells. Her neurologists says it is cyclical vomiting syndrome with dizzinerss.So her spell before this last one was the weekend of labor day and after taking meds it was 5 months or so until this last one on 1/31.13. In June he wants to take her off of her meds and see how that goes. Will post more later.

While epilim has been great for my son.  Unfortunately this week he has been home since Tuesday with the "dizzies". Nausea is a new thing now.   Been to the dr twice but still they won't let us get an X-ray of his neck. 

but it's been the first dizzies since October.   He had a one day one on January 3rd so there is definite improvement.   (He would get them every 8 weeks lasting 5-21 days)

And also to add. he will stay on these drugs till the December school holidays.  I'm in Australia so we have our 6 week break over Xmas 

Can you tell me more about your situation? Your son's age? What you've tried. Yours sounds the closest to my son
Teddy who is almost 13. Thanks. mk

He is 9 now.  This all started when he was 3yrs and 2 months.   Dropped to the ground screaming one day.  Drs said he had a headache from dehydration.  It was a hot day and was a very plausible rereason this continued randomly for quite a while.  By the time he was 5 they were coming every 6-8 weeks lasting 3-5 days.  The past 18 months they settled down to every 8 weeks exactly lasting 5-21 days.

We have tried massage therapy, Bowen therapy, panadol, phenergan, immigran spray (bad nasty drug) nurofen, hot or cold showers, caffeine.    Dark rooms, diet, ect ect ect. The list just goes on.   

Poor kid tho day 5 today and still not much better.   He can move around tho do it def isn't as bad as it used to be before epilim.  Welcome to contact me for more info