My daughter who is 11 gets these episodes every 84 days and they usually last for 7 days. This past episode lasted 8 days and she was on a 20mg before bed dose of amitriptyline. This medication as with lots of the others we have tried over the years seems to have no effect. I was thinking of trying Topamax as it is one of the medications we have not tried. I now may rethink if we should bother. The condition that my daughter has been diagnosed with is called cyclic vertiginous migraine.

Has anyone else seen any help or improvements for this condition ? I have basically the exact same problem. Since I have been about 10. I am now 21. When I was younger I only had it for 2 days and a few times a year, now it has grown to about every 11 weeks. Where I wake up feeling dizzy it will then calm down and by the third day it's very bad and vomiting occurs. Sometimes it is finished after the third day and other times it lasts a few more days around 3-6 is the normal range. I have tried so many migraine mendications. Is there anything anyone has tried that could help just a little please let me know.

This post and the responses have been amazing to read. My daughter has been experiencing the same symptoms with the same predictable period since she was 2 (she is now 15). We've done MRIs, blood tests, vestibular testing, and tried every kind of medicine known, none of which helped. Her diagnosis has changed through the years, but her symptoms haven't. I didn't know that anyone else had this condition, but now that I do, I'd really like to see if we can combine our knowledge to figure out something that actually works. I created a facebook  that I would like to limit to just those people (and families) that suffer from this very predictable, but debilitating condition. 

That would be helpful I am always looking for advice from others as so far not much has changed for my daughter.

My daughter has been having episodes for 8 years.(since she was 11)/ They come every 65-71 days. Usually 71 days. They always begin in the morning with a bad headache,vertigo and vomiting. She feels better in the afternoon and evening but then again the next day - the same. This goes on for about 5 days and then she is back to normal. No medication has helped prevent and nothing really helps the pain. My son has attacks every 75-80 days. They are less severe and he actually suffers only the vertigo. his attacks last 3 days. 

Lobel & Eviatar's paper entitled "Cyclic Vertigo With Predictable Recurrence" was the first time I realized that others had the exact same condition as my daughter. I named the fb group after the first couple of words of that paper.

I can't find such a group on fb. Is it named "Cyclic Vertigo With Predictable Recurrence"

have u tried Ayurvedic or homeopathy drugs and what was d result

Just use the first couple of words. Cyclic vertigo. Sorry to be vague, but this forum is very sensitive about external references. My original post was edited to remove the name.

ok. found it. I'll pass it on to the few contacts I made through this Forum. All with more or less same symptoms. I tried contacting Dr. Evyatar or Lobel a few years ago with no success.

My daughter is almost 19 years old and we have been battling this since she was 3. . We have been to every doctor imaginable, every kind of medicine, every kind of test, eeg's, mri's, ct scans, and even to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville Florida. No results other than CVS or migraine variant. She doesn't even get a headache with this until she dry heaves so much it makes her head start hurting. We are fortunate enough for hers to only last 3 days every 75-76 days. This last time, it was 144 days between episodes. She throws up uncontrollably the first day, the second day she is so week and brain waves things in her head and can't hardly hold it up till the afternoon, then she wants salty foods to eat and alot of it and on the 3rd day she is pretty much back to normal. I wished there was a cure or a medication she could take but so far nothing. At least we know there are no tumors or masses or anything. Just keep praying for an answer, that's all we can do.

I find it amazing that my sons attacks also come every 75 days and last 3 days. He is 17 and has had attacks for some years. His attacks are not so terrible so I don't remember how many years this has been going on. This year though the period between attacks lengthened to 79-80 days. But for years it was exactly 75 days, and it always lasts for 3 days.

Thank you for sharing. Most of the entries here are from a parent's point of view. So it's good and important to get your side. My daughter tried Zofran also with no help.

My son is 9 and has had the same exact thing for 5 years

I know this is really old now but my son is still suffering from this horrible condition and I'm still looking for answers !
My son always wakes with the sickness and dizziness too - weird