That is great gnana14.  I will difinatly will keep that in mind. 

My husband had a great idea.  We have been wondering if everyone that is having the dizzy spells are having them around the same time just something to think about.  I am going to list my daughters dizzy spell.

First signs of the dizzy spells in 2002 never recorded days at that time. Three years old.

Started to record the days in 2005.

March 9,2005 - June 7,2005 - September 3,2005 - November 27,2005 - February 17, 2006- stopped recording but still was having  the dizzy spell.  June 1,2008 - September 4, 2008 - December 7-2008 - March 8,2009 - June 1, 2009 - September 8, 2009 - December 12, 2009 - March 18, 2010 - June 15, 2010  September 22, 2010 - December 28, 2010 - March 2, 2011 - June 6, 2011 - July 17, 2011 She also had her first mentrual cycle so that is why we think she had a dizzy spell a month apart. - October 29,2011 - February 20,2012 - June 14, 2012

Keeping a record of the dates has been important to us not only for the Dr. but he needed some advance warning due to work. The boss would only put up with it for so long and would fire him. School was a nightmare as he missed so many days he stayed back twice. Wondering if there is different cause for spells between men and woman.
There is an answer out there for everyone. It is easier for us to suffer then to watch the ones we love go through this with no answers. Don't ever lose hope.

My daughter has similar dizzy spells every 11 weeks. She is six and this has been going on for the last 4 years with only a diagnosis of suspected Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome so far. She had a food sensitivity test today and was advised to cut out wheat, soy and cows milk. I don't hold much hope that this will work but we will give it a go.

Is there any update on your husband's dizziness?

Would also like to add that my daughters symptoms are exactly the same as noted in an article by D Lobel and L Eviatar 'Cyclic vertigo with predictable recurrence'. I have passed details of this article to my daughters doctor in the hope they would obtain a full copy of the study and be able to explain it to me. Not had any explanation yet but will request again at the next appointment with neurologist. I wondered if anyone had heard of any other similar studies being done as this publication was from a number of years ago. This is the only thing I have found on the internet that ties in so closely with my daughter's symptoms other than the personal experiences of other sufferers on forums like this.

Hi:
Did they find a food allergy?
I know the article you are talking about.
It gives no soloution and I have not found any other ideas.
My daughter would vomit only on the first day usually, Now we give her an anti-histamine
which helps prevent the vomitting.
I know of two other kids using amitriptyline which helped.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Not tested for food allergy. It was a food intollerance screening by the Asyra system. As she is perfectly healthy in between dizziness episodes I don't think she has a food allergy. She does have dry skin that comes and goes and I think this may be helped by cutting out foods that she is sensitive to. 

I will try the anti-histamine during the next episode as she is usually sick circa ten times on days 3 and 4. Anti sickness medication we have tried in the past did not work.

Thanks for the advice and will drop you an email shortly as would like to hear about your childrens experiences.

My daughter has had this for about 12 years and now at 16 yrs old, I have taken her to all types of doctors and the last doctor in Shreveport I took her too was a Child Neurologist and he diagnosed her with CVS. Her episodes were every 69 to 70 days like clockwork and would last for three days. She was given 2 types of large doses of certain vitamins and toprimax at bedtime along with another medicine and knock on wood, she has not had an attack yet. Her last episode was supposed to of been 11/12-13-14 but so far so good. We go back to the neurologist in January and he is going to lower her doses of the vitamins and see how that goes.

My daughter has been using 200mg B2 and we were adviced to add 200 mg magnesium, citrrate. The B2 helped quite a bit.
What were the vitamins and other medications you were given? Is toprimax topomax?
We will be trying a preventive medication called Diamox a week before she is supposed to get an attack. If the diamox won't work we will try topomax.
But our problem is mainly a migrain+dizziness that shows up every 65-7- days, The first few years she would vomit alot during the mornings, for the first day or two.

she is taking 500 mg or L-Carnatine 3 times a day and 200 mg or CQ-10 3 times a day. At bedtime she is taking 25 mg of topiramate which is generic for Topamax and 4mg of cyproheptadine. This has really helped her and like I said, she started taking all of these meds on 11/9/12 and did not have her attack which was supposed to have been 11/12-13-14. She goes back to Neurologist in january and he said he would probably lower her doses. We will see. She has done this since she was about 4 years old and will turn 16 this month. She would wake up dizzy and vomit the first day, all day, then would be very dizzy the second day and the third day was for recouperating. She always woke up with it. It never hits during the day.

Thanks for the update. Success stories are important. So it will be nice to hear if this continues.
My daughter is also 16 and has had these cycles of migrain and dizziness since she was 11. My son is 14 and has had these cycles for the past 2 years. His come every 75-80 days hers 65-70 days. Both started B2 and it has helped both of them. The attacks were lighter but came all the same.
Thanks again.

Hello, my son is 17 years old and has been having these dizzy spells since he was a baby. I have been recording the episodes and can tell you it is about 100-110 days in between each episode. Like most we have tried everything. The longest elapsed time between spells was 123 days. I predicted him to have one on 1/06/13, however it has not hit him yet. We have been going to a doctor that has been doing different excercises to hopefully get him through it without having the episode. So he is over due but he has went 123 days before so I'm counting the days and hope I will have something positive to report, we started taking him to this guy about a week before i had the spell predicted to hit him. This situation has sucked he has missed football and baseball games not to mention school and everything else. I wish someone could get to the bottom of this terrible disease. Thank you.

For all you who have posted...did your children say there was anything they did (or didn't do) during those days to make it better? My son (12) has had dizzy spells that seem to correlate to an illness. If he gets the flu, he's also dizzy. But this time has been the worst with room spinning and closing his eyes to minimize the stimulation. No vomiting, still eating, but feels rotten. Would really appreciate hearing what your kids think would help.

Hi:
My two kids suffer dizzy spells with more or less exact timing. (not correlated to anything special).
They usually stay in bed till they feel they can manage geting up. Sunlight, noise and movement make things worse.
Movement can realy cause nausea. In the afternoons they tend to get a bit better and then they can
usually do something though they will find it hard to realy concentrate on school work.
So they watch a lot of television (oh well) to pass the time till they feel better.

Does it happen with the change of the seasons,,,approximatly around end of Semptember, end of December, end of March, and end of June??? Spring and fall being a little more severe perhaps???

We have started our son on a drug called epilim.  Almost 2 months since we started.  He is on a low dose.  He has 2 pills a day (morning and night).  So far it's been great.  He had one day of the "dizzies" but it was just one and not 21.   

Just thought I would share this as we have been seeing a new pead and we have 3 options available to us (meds) that are safe and well tolerated with children.