I have the exact same thing and my doctor told me the exact same thing. I initially chose to have him numb the eye and pop it -- it was painless and took a whole 2 minutes (and he billed the insurance for $600) .. anyway 2 months later it is now back and very annoying. I will most likely have them scrape it but want to make sure it will never come back!!!

I actually just went to the dr for the same thing today. she said the cyst could of been caused from exposure to the sun or anything getting into it, or from being dry.... basically it is just an irritation. She gave me a prescription for nighttime to use for a week, and told me to use systane eye drops 2-3 times a day. She said it would go away on its own but this would make it go away faster.

I think I have a cyst too,over on the side on the white of the eye, but it is red inside, it looks like blood blister. Does anyone have one that looks like that?

Going in in an hour to have the cyst drained. Will report back tomorrow.

I get these ugly bumps on my eyeballs, too. They tend to me worse or more noticeable in dry weather and the more tired I am. They come and go but seem to worsen with age and lack of sleep.

I am dealing with one now, it appeared Friday, 4 days ago. Frankly, my daughter pointed it out in the van. I had not even noticed it~ but now it's all I do, stare in the mirror wondering if it has changed in any way (not). Called my eye Doctor since it was after hours and he basically said not to come in unless I wanted it lanced. I think I'll hold on and see what happens, but I am SO REASSURED by reading your posts. Thank you.

Thanx for posts.I have a tiny (grain of sand size) cyst on white of my eyeball.Going to try systane and wait & see-hopefully it will go away.Will keep you posted.

I took my 9 week old son to the eye doctor yesterday because he has one of these cysts. He was born with it, and the doc says he will always have it. He also said if we remove it, it will probably come back. He said that these cysts are very common in infants. It's causing pressure on the side of his eye and causing a stigmatism. (I don't know much about what a stigmatism is.) He told us that our son will probably also need glasses because he is far sided in that eye. We go back for another visit in 6 months unless something changes visually. Does anyone have a baby with a cyst on their eyeball?

Going to doctor today to have my eyeball checked a cyst came on it about a month ago. The first two weeks it happened it was very painful but it doesn't hurt now.

I came across this site last night after googling "eyeball jelly". My cyst disappeared a few hours after removing my contacts. My left eye started itching, so I decided to take out my contacts and that's when I noticed this "smooshy" substance on my eye. My cyst looked like what is being described by others on this forum--a clear, jelly-like substance on the white of my eyeball. I did freak out intially, but after reading this forum, I decided to wait and see if it would go away. It did-but I am still afraid to put in my contacts again.

Thanks for all the info. I too have a clear jelly like cyst on the white of my eyeball. Since reading this I feel confident it is truly a cyst and will eventually go away. I am going to try the systane eyedrops to see if they help.

About a week ago I felt as if I had something in my left eye. I was driving at the time and could not look at it. I just
kept trying to rub it out. About an hour later when I got home, I checked my eye. I noticed a round jelly like bump
in the lower left part of my eyeball. I waited a week, using over the counter drops and eye lubricates. No improve-
ment. Saw my Primary Care Physician on Tuesday. He said it was conjunctivitis and prescribed antibiotic eye drops.
He said it should go away in a few days. I wasn't satisfied with that diagnosis, so I went to my eye doctor on yester-
day. He said it was a cyst and that it may or may not go away. He prescribed steroid drops and said that was my only
hope. Needless to say, I liked his diagnosis even less that my first doctor. I am picking up the steroid drops this
afternoon( very expensive and not covered by insurance). But after reading blogs about the use of steroid drops in
the eyes I am not sure if I will use them. Anyone here that used them and if so what were your results. This feeling
of something in my eye is driving me crazy.

hi am very hapy to read u ppl
last week i got same problem: a little cyst on my white eyeball
i was so scared bt my optician told me its nothing to be worried
about. 1. i can leave it in time it will go by itself. 2. have it removed
bt it will surely come back again. i had it drained a few days later.
the dr gave me drops to avoid an ifection bt did mention it will
also avoid water formation. a week later i had it back again!
i dont want to undergo another drainage so for now. i will
leave it for 2 weeks n pray that it does not grow any bigger
n disappear.

My husband has been dealing with a cyst on his eyeball also. He was initially told it was conjunctivitis and given antibiotic drops which did not help. He then went to his opthamologist and was given steriod drops which did help the redness and the irritation somewhat. After a week or two he had it lanced as it was still irritating him constantly. It was good for about a week and then the cyst returned. He then had it cut off and he had some relief for about 2 weeks when it grew back. He is now being told to massage it daily and use the drops again, but they are hesitant to cut it off again because of the fear of making scar tissue on the eye.

i also have experienced this gel like on my eye, except mine started as just one and over the years has turned into six small bumps on the white of my eye.It also makes my eye itchy and dry feeling.. :'(