hey, i too have this cyst by the sounds of it. i think i've had it before, i always presumed i actually had something stuck in my eye, rubbed it a lot =(probably not helping) before giving up on getting out whatever it is. eventually i had a better look at my eye and saw the lump.

as in the past this things has something been noticeable and other i'm guessing it's gone or been reabsorbed.
i can't think of how many times it's come and gone. so although draining might be an option, if it only comes back after a while i guess it's something we have to live with =/ (it's usually best a good idea to stick things or have someone else stick things in your eye, needle or otherwise.)

as many people have said, this thread is very reassuring =) thanks for all your inputs.

reassuring?? how so?? i want to hear who got rid of theirs...this feeling of something in my eye will drive me crazy...anybody?

I have the same annoying jelly like cyst on my eyeball; it is very annoying because I am constantly blinking and the feeling of something in my eye drives me nuts. I went to my opthomalogist about 10 days ago & was given a script for steroid eye drops; and told to use them 4 times a day. I go back for my follow-up appointment tomorrow and the cyst is still the same size; I can't tell any difference. The opthomalogist told me he might have to lance it but stated by using the steroid drops 4 times a day that it should be enough to knock it out. I am scared to death of thinking that a needle is coming at my eye; but if he does lance it tomorrow, I will leave feedback to let you know if it worked or not.

Hi, I noticed quite a few questions regarding the cyst on eyeball. Can anybody tell me what has happened to their eye with the cyst in it? Did they ever go away and how are the eyes now. I just went to the doctor today and he said the same thing to me about leaving it alone and gave me drops with steriods in it. He didn't mention anything about draining it. I hate the feeling like I have sand in it.

my doctor suggested a warm compress. i put hot tap water on a wash cloth and hold it to my (closed) eye for several minutes. it usually does the trick to get the cyst to drain on its own. sure seems worth the a try before opting for drugs, drops, or surgery!!

i felt so informed when i went in today for the exact same thing! eye was irritated and after a day of cleaning out my contact and it never feeling better, i inspected more closely. "jelly like" bump on my eyeball when i looked under my lower lid. conjunctival (sp?) cyst...doc suggested to have it drained but did warn me that the recurrence level is high. painless and quick procedure...in and out within 15 minutes.

That's a bunch of bull. I've been married for 32 years and have never had HPV in my life. Last year I had Lasik surgery. I started using Latisse, and I've been wearing FreshColor contacts for the past few months. All at once. Last week I went to my ophthalmalogist

because I had the same thing you experienced. He stuck a needle and drained them(about 5 tiny cysts) in the left eye only. And less

than a week later, they're back. What's up with that? Anyway, he said that it was an allergy and I had no control over it. It makes sense because whenever I fool with my cat, my left eye gets red. Whenever I get a migraine, It's the left eyeball that hurts.

Anyway, my Dr. says that if it bothers me anymore, I can go back and he will be more aggressive in getting all of it. I will have a bruised

eyeball and more discomfort for a while this next go round. I said that I'd wait to see what happens to this cyst.

I hope it will go away.

The Doctor Lanced the cyst on the white part of my eye; and loads of blood and fluid came out, this is day 2 and it still is red and draining. It may or may not come back, if it returns we will lance it again....But it sure feels allot better!!!!!

I had a large conjunctival cyst surgically removed from one eye some time ago. Thankfully, this provided complete relief. The opthamologist had tried eye drops which were of some help but did not shrink it very much. It also turned out that the steriod drops caused an increase in eye pressure for me (6% incidence) which was potentially a bigger problem. We tried several different kinds of eye drops to no avail. Lubricating drops helped somewhat but the irritation depends on the size and shape of the cyst. The opthamologist will likely monitor the size of the cyst to see if it responds to nonsurgical options first. I don't know why but in my experience, both eye surgeons I consulted did not think draining it (referred to in other posts) would do anything for it.

After reading all these posts, I couldn't wait any longer. I've had this white zit looking thing in the corner of my eye for what must be at least 4+ years. I had to get this huge white thing out of the corner of my eye. I noticed the other day that it was really starting to bug me and was getting bigger, but seemed to be laying under a very very thin layer of skin in the corner of my left eye. So, I grabbed a cool washcloth, a needle, a lighter and a mirror and attacked this little beast in my living room. Carefully using the sterilized needle, I managed to lift and poke a very tiny hole in that overlayer of skin. It bled just a tiny tiny bit so I knew the needle got through. So, I managed to "squeeze" it and OMG!!! The most disgusting, long white worm-looking thing came spewing from the little hole I managed to poke!!!! IMMEDIATELY, I felt a huge relief and felt like my eyelid could finally "blink" in the proper way ... the way it was supposed to!!! Here's the WEIRD thing though ... I wear contacts but I have a VERY mild prescription. Once my I got the gross goo out of my once-cyst thing, I used the washcloth to soothe it for about 10 minutes. After removing the washcloth, I suddenly noticed I can see a million times clearer and (obviously) I wasnt wearing my contacts since I began my "at home surgical procedure." I felt this stupid thing getting bigger and more irritating to my left eye, but I had NO IDEA it was affecting my vision as much as it was.

Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend going "battlefield style" on your eye in your living room like I did, however, I will say, I am TOTALLY relieved and honestly, AMAZED that this little white b****r was giving me this many problems and SO SO SO happy they're gone!!! Now, if it comes back ... I know EXACTLY how to get rid of it again!!

Wow thanks for telling us about your experience. I think mine went away by themselves, the doctor had given me eyedrops but I was afraid to use them. So I just left them alone, they don't bother me anymore. It looks like they are gone, hopefully they won't come back anymore. I had worn contacts for a straight month before I noticed the cysts, but I have not put the contacts in anymore, I wonder if contacts has anything to do with them? Anyway thanks!

I know this is  a few years late but I know when I  was searching on google it helped me these posts. I have been to eye hospital with mine and they said I can leave it but they cant say that it won't grow and its already on the edge of my pupil so I am a bit worried so am going on tuesday to have it 'drained'/removed. Hopefully it won't grow back but I can only try ;) it was like a grain of sand feeling and i was also given drops because apparently it can block a tear duct which causes dry eyes and apparently that is what causes the gritty feeling. They do help alot!

It is a cyst or pterygium which is a non-cancerous growth of the clear, thin tissue that lays over the white part of the eye . One or both eyes may be involved.
The main symptom of a pterygium is a painless area of raised white tissue, with blood vessels on the inner or outer edge of the cornea. Sometimes it may become inflamed and cause burning, irritation, or a feeling like there's something foreign in the eye.
No treatment is needed unless the pterygium begins to block vision or causes symptoms that are hard to control. Then it should be removed with surgery.

I had those cysts 3 times in the last 6 months, 3 times they were drained but came back. So I am going to have them removed. It takes about 20 min in theatre and then has only 5% chance of recurring.

Would be nice if people could actually type with proper grammar so I could understand more clearly.

I also have a little bump on my eye, but it's in the far corner of my right eye. It's uncomfortable to blink, and hurts to the touch. I think I'll opt to have my doc lance it.

I was shocked to see that I had a small bump growing on the white area of my air...Its very irritable and what I try to touch it its like its teariny my eye out..I did some research and the terms and two p terms came up.... It hurts when I blink...With these two t terms that I cant bother to spell out its gradual...Its like one grows into the other and then it starts affecting sight... The research said that surgery is not necessarily required but glasses can be worn to protect the eyes since its mainly caused by exposure to ultraviolet....If it does grows from one step to the other then surgery should be performed...

Hell I'm going to the doctor's office tomorrow....

Good luck to u guys