I was born with one on my eye. I am now 28 years old. I have perfect vision. Babies are born with not well eye sight to begin with. I have never had a problem with mine until about 6 years ago. I have a single hair that grows out of it now. I have to remove the hair once every three months. They can not remove my because it is overlaps the color part of my eye and it could cause me to go blind. So I just live with it. Like I said I have perfect vision so I won't worry about your son.

Wow....just when you feel like your the only one that has this going on... I'm so glad that I stumbled across this post. I have had the jelly like blob on my eye for some time now. I was kind of freaked out about it...but after reading these posts I feel somewhat relieved. I am disappointed in finding out though, through these posts, that there is really nothing we can do. If we try to have it removed or drained it seems like it just comes back. I wish there was a sure-fire thing would get rid of it completely. I did "Google" pinguecula and that is exactly what it looks like.
I went to one site and here is what it says for treatment: Because of their benign nature, pingueculae rarely require treatment. Occasionally, the growth may become inflamed, causing irritation and dryness. The doctor may prescribe artificial tears for lubrication and mild anti-inflammatory medication to reduce swelling.
I guess as long as it doesn't interfere with our sight we're ok???
I will just sit back and see what happens. 8-|

I just want you to know that a Pinguecula and a cyst is not the same thing.

sandra1 wrote:

Guest wrote:

I will just sit back and see what happens.

I know from the other thread that you've posted on that this is true but I don't think I am very sure about what the actual difference is. Would you mind explaining it to me?

hi i just found a few little jelly like tiny cyst on the left white part of my eyeball closer to under my eye lid..i went to the eye dr.and she told me they most likely will go away in 3 to 4 weeks..just keep an eye out if they get larg it could be a problem ..but i was told by specialist they are quite normal and not to try and poke a needle in your own eye,just leave it alone and it will go way on its own...i will update on my eye ball o.O p.s i heard alotof people say it is on there left eyeball ..hum i wonder why that is ?

I have the same thing as you all are talking about..in my left eye also! I'm really scared after reading these posts. I can't stand living with this if it doesn't go away and the thought of any surgical procedure being done to my eye is making me sick!!!!! So did anyone's just go away on it's own then?!!

I have one two appeared two weeks ago, did a week of prednisone eye drops feels like a little grain of sand went to my contact lense doctor and he said benign cyst. it looks like a little air bubble but I can feel it! God I hope it goes away going to the optamologist later today!

I visited my eye doctor today, only to find I have a cyst on my right iris. I have an appt Friday to see if it needs to be removed. If this is the case, can someone tell me if it will be painful? and how my eye will feel after? I'd appreciate it a lot. thanks!
-Mad

i had this... i felt like it just popped up... first it felt like a grain of sand but i couldn't quite place it. then i began touching it to see if i ould get the " grain " out but when i looked in the mirror it looked a freaking contact lens that was clear and quite big it was on the white of my eye and when i left the bathroom it freaked me out! I could feel that there was an obstruction in my eye.. it was soooo frustrating i finally lay down on the couch and flushed ( put alot of drops of Visine in it while leaning my head to the side and letting the excess fall out of my eye and onto a tissue) it and closed my eyes for like 10 to 15 minutes and when i opened my eye i could very faintly feel it and i didn't touch it for about a day and the next day the lump was gone but my eye was still red. my redness fully went away in about two days after the pain. :-D

me too. just saw the bump today. Been red for weeks. Looks bad in public. Now there is a bump. Gotta go to the doc I guess.

hi there, i have a cyst in my right eye i had an accident at work which left me pretty much blind no detailed vision just see light and dark, anyway after alot of surgey they decided there was nothing they could do, about a year later this cyst appeared it looks like its full of fluid or jelly or something, so i went to the eye hospital and they said they would ance it while i was awake the fluid would drain and i would have no problem, okay i thought after what i'd been through how hard could this be???? well let me tell you the doctor was either competely irrisponsible or not trained properly because it was not a fluid type cyst it was solid and the pain was immense when he jabbed the needle into it and nothing happened much to his dismay, so i live with my little cyst and it only semms to irritate when the pollen count is high otherwise it's no trouble, and i've had my fill of eye hospitals lol

thank goodness I found out I am not the only person with this problem. I first noticed a white erregular white thing on my white of my eye a few years ago. Went to the eye DR and spent more time discussing how I saw it to begin with then what it was. So thank every one for the info [still have it]

really glad i found this post too. i have the same thing: transparent cyst in the outside corner of my left eye where the eyelids meet.
doctor just told me the same thing - it will either go away or they will scrape it off ... beats cancer! ... thanks everyone.

Yesterday had my cyst removed surgically. Numbed the eye and doctor cut it off the eyeball. no pain but a little discomfort today (itchy). Possibly could grow back. I would have it done again. It developed after I had surgery on both eyes for excessive watering and stents put in both eyes to help drainage. Stents come out after 3 months.

After a bit of googling, I found this post chain. Whew, I am a bit relieved! I also have a little clear sack on the outside corner of my right eye. I probably noticed it a year ago and it hasn't seemed to bother me until lately. I think due to allergies, as someone mentioned. Probably will make an appointment with the eye doctor as soon as I find one, but it is good to hear that other people have pretty much the exact same thing I have and it is only a cyst...