I have a friend who completely shaved her eyebrows, and she paints something she thinks look better. I cannot accept this as normal thing, because I see that is not naturally. When I asked her why she is doing that, she said anyways an eyebrow does not have any role on our face. I think that is not true but I need to hear this from you. Is there any role of eyebrows, or we should all shave it?

Eyebrows are one of the most distinctive features that make up our faces, and all of us pay a lot of attention to them. We think of some types of eyebrows as attractive and some as unattractive, and that is why many people spend as much time preening their eyebrows. Eyebrows are also one of our most expressive facial features, because that is one of the clearest ways to tell somebody, what you are thinking is simply to move your eyebrows up or down. Eyebrows obviously serve many functions in our culture today: beauty, nonverbal communication, distinctive appearance. We know that eyebrows help keep moisture out of our eyes when we sweat or walk in the rain. The arch shape diverts the rain or sweat around to the sides of our face, keeping eyes relatively dry. The most obvious advantage of this is that it lets us see clearly, when we are sweating a lot or when we are in the rain. Without eyebrows, getting around in these conditions is more difficult. Keeping the sweat out of your eyes could save your life, when we are on the street for example. As you see, there is not so big deal about it, but anyway, eyebrows are there because we need them.