So, I've got a 10 year old boy who wants a Cristiano Ronaldo haircut. I usually do his hair by myself with a machine and I'm hoping I can recreate Ronaldo's haircut myself too. My boy wants the haircut where Ronaldo has longer, kind of messy hair on top and shorter at the sides with patterns shaved in between the long and short parts. You know the one.

So question 1. How do I achieve this without messing it up and having my kid's mates make fun of him?

Question 2. How do you build the style up afterwards so the hair sticks up?

It's surprising how much info is out there on the web about how to get a haircut just like Cristiano Ronaldo, actually. Most of them are videos of course. You just need to get the visuals to be able to do anything like that. If you search YouTube for "Ronaldo haircut", a bunch of videos will come up where you can see in details how they recreate that cut with the short sides and long top and neck. It seems they cut the sides with scissors first, then machine. The top is slightly layered. The cut looks quite involved and I assume a professional hairdresser will get much better results with it. Just take a picture of what you want exactly there and then tell them that's what you want.

I've been trying to do exactly the same thing. I think Ronaldo has a really cool hair do, man. I've been trying to master this skill for quite a while now. Even his hair style changes a bit from time to time (sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, sometimes different patterns), but it mainly stays kind of similar. I havent manage to shave them cool patterns in my hair yet (I did try and it went a bit wrong and i don't think I will try again). What I do do is I get the top part of my hair, the plateau, and I clip it up with my GFs hair clips. I ask my GF if I done it right. She either says change it or it's OK. Once it's OK, I do the sides of my hair with an electric hair cutting machine on the number 2. It doesn't leave it either too short or too long and gives a bit of space for changing it later. I don't like the longer hair in the neck so I shave that off too. I ask my GF to put layers into the top part of the hair. Then I stick it up with lotsa gel. And hairspray usually as well. Takes me about 10 min to get ready in the morning. So it's pretty easy actually and free. It might not look exactly like Ronaldo's style but it's close enough.

Why the hell would you want to look like Ronaldo anyway? He might be a pretty good soccer player but he's obviously in love with himself... he looks like he's trying waaaaaaaaaay to hard to be all hot and sexy and stuff. That is embarrassing, but not nearly as embarrassing as other people trying to look like him. Why don't you go and create your own style or otherwise just have a normal haircut like everyone else. There's a reason you don't see people looking like Ronaldo unless they're famous like him or from the ghetto. Manly men don't need fancy haircuts to look great.

Celebrity

Are you kidding me? Did you even read the OP?

OP wants to find out how to create a Ronaldo haircut for her 10 year old boy, and you come along and you're ehm, not very nice about it? What's your problem?

So, OP, I didn't reply to this thread before because I know absolutely nothing about cutting hair. I don't even dare to dye my own, because I make a mess of it. But your post made me do some browsing around the web, and I'm happy to say that you can find quite a few tutorials on YouTube as well as in other places. I even watched a few. It's hard to explain what exactly they do, because like I said I am not a hairdresser or even particularly great at brushing my own hair (:)), but I'd say just go and watch a few videos and try it out.

If you're not confident that your boy will end up with a bona fide Ronaldo cut, though, perhaps have it done professionally the first time and then see how you can maintain it yourself afterward?

The question is — which haircut are you talking about?

Ronaldo is known for his innovative styles, and while some of his haircuts were longer all round, many of his cuts have met the criteria of being "longer on top and shorter at the sides". If you're specifically looking for tutorials on the web, I suggest you experiment with searching for these terms:

- Faux hawk with metro mullet
- Undercut with shaggy quiff
- Ronaldo side part hairstyle

Did you know Ronaldo has naturally curly hair and he almost always uses straightening irons in the pictures where you see him with straight hair? So that's obviously going to contribute to the overall result. His other secret is A LOT of hair product. That side part style may require the least effort, probably making it more suitable for an active young boy!