I recently got a Beauty Blender sponge with the wish to take my makeup application to the next level and to have makeup that looks like it was applied by a pro. I'm loving the way it looks, the way it feels when I apply makeup, and the final results I get with it.

Because I want to keep it in function for as long as reasonably possible, I am a bit worried about washing it. How can I was the Beauty Blender without damaging it? What do you use for doing this if you have one and what are makeup brush cleansers that will not harm my sponge?

BlenderCleanser is the one I use for cleaning my Beauty Blender sponge. This is soy based and will not ruin your Beauty Blender sponge. You just have to dampen the sponge slightly, use just a tiny amount of the cleanser, and kind of gently massage it in. Then you can rinse it under the tap, making sqeezing motions to get the makeup and cleanser out. If you want to be absolutely sure it is clean, do this twice, from start to finish. After the sponge is clean and no longer has cleanser or makeup residue, just leave it to air dry and there you are, it's fresh for you to use it again.

OK, so I had never heard of this Beauty Blender make up sponge before, but because of this thread right here, I had to go look it up of course. I'm always interested in stuff that helps me get the most out of foundation application and this seems like the ticket. 'Cause you've obviously got one, OP, would you mind very much if you shared a little more about this Beauty Blender while you're here? I might be interested depending on your experiences so far and could pick up cleaning tips along the way, LOL. For one, besides how satisfied you are, how long is it supposed to last?

I've been using Dr Bronner's soap, which I saw recommended online and like better than buying a specialized product that costs lots of money just to clean a sponge. I just apply it to the Beauty Blender and keep rinsing and rinsing it until no more mucky water comes out. Yeah, you might end up with some stains on the BB but that's alright. As long as it is clean, that's fine even if it does not look clean. I got my Beauty Blender quite recently so I don't know what its life expectancy is yet. I'd be interested in hearing thoughts about that as well.

Well, I replace my Beauty Blender every three to five months. In my opinion you will notice when it's time depending on how often you use it. The texture and performance starts to deteriorate noticeably and then you will know it's time for a new one. Like you, I wash mine every day (and use it every day too LOL) though I use the solid cleanser. So I'd imagine you will be replacing your Beauty Blender as often as I do.

Wow, I think I'd like one of those Beauty Blender sponges! I have to admit that, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought you guys were talking about an actual blender, to perhaps make your own facial masks or creams or something.

Well, this is better!

I love the finish I get from sponge application of foundation but hate the way so much of the product gets soaked up in the sponge, effectively making you waste around 50% of your foundation. Beauty Blender sponges apparently don't have this wastage. You wet them before use as well, which makes me think that right before using it is actually a pretty ideal time to clean it, to sort of keep on topic here.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this up. I think I'll be going shopping!

I have a beauty blender and I do love it. I will say though, in response to your post, that you do go through your foundation bottle more quickly than you would if you applied your foundation with your hands, no matter what anybody says about its superior structure. I do like beauty blender a lot more than normal sponges, because it offers a flawless finish that looks all natural. But if you don't want to lose any of your foundation then you may just be disappointed. I don't mind so much because I do look much better thanks to the beauty blender, but you may not like it.

I'm excitedly reviving this thread because I caved and bought a Beauty Blender sponge today! I'll admit to standing over several cheapo "dupes" that outwardly looked similar as the Beauty Blender, but thankfully that was after watching several YouTube Videos in which reviewers made it clear that they weren't chuffed with their dupes.

Of course the first thing I did when I got home was take off my makeup and reapply it! With the BB! I can already say that it is just as amazing as people say it is and I'm chuffed. But... I do wonder how to care for it now. Can I rinse it out with soap for real, or will that damage it?

Oh, the bit where you stick the Beauty Blender on top of the package and it will fall in automatically after drying is nothing short of brilliant!

I watched someone use a beauty blender sponge on Youtube. It looked so cool! The makeup on the person looked amazing. They are a bit expensive though. I'm not sure if I should get the cheap one or the real beauty blender. Someone on Youtube said the real one was better then the cheap one.

I heard that there is a blendercleanser to clean the beauty blender sponge made by beauty blender it self. I also heard the solid one is better.

Go for it!!! I've tried cheap makeup sponges, the knock-offs, and the difference between them and the real thing is tangible! I have had mine for around three months now and I really like it. I don't use a special cleanser for it, I just wash it with hand soap after every use. It may last a little less long this way but it's just what I am doing. I do use mine every day because I'm not going back to either using another sponge or applying with my fingers, and though some people say that using a foundation brush is more economical with the foundation, I have never liked those, just can't seem to get it right when I use one.