wow, i'm so glad i did some research on the pain i was feeling! i was honestly so scared to research because i didn't want to find out if it was an STD of some sort. but to find out it's actually really common and CAN be cured.. it's a good feeling. i'm 17 and have been feeling discomfort from pain, swelling, itchy and redness for about 6 months or so.

The same thing has been happening to me for the past few weeks. Sometimes it burns, sometimes it doesn't. I have to go to school and I am so uncomfortable sitting next to people while it's burning. I feel like i'm in hell. I am WAY too uncomfortable talking to my mom or dad about it. I have been treated for a UTI with antibiotics but I don't know if it worked. Sometimes when I don't go to the bathroom immediately it starts to randomly burn. Then when I go to the bathroom some very hot pee comes out. (idk if this is too much info?) I'm really not sure what it is... everytime I look this up it's always due to sex or whatever but I'm still a virgin... so that doesn't really relate to me. I've tried wearing cotton underwear and it doesn't really help. In fact im wearing it right now and I still feel a burning uncomfortable sensation. I drink TONS so that obviously isn't the problem. Today I finally gave in and put some cream down there (its suppose to help) its called Maximum Strength Hydrocortisone 1% So far it made me feel a little better. Well enough to at least be around people. Please please please guys if you have a solution I would GREATLY appreciate it! This is so uncomfortable and I hate having to deal with it on a daily basis. I am really uncomfortable talking about these things with people but it hurt so bad that I took this as a last resort and finally went to the site to seek for help. I thought i was the only one with this condition, but man am I relieved I'm not alone! Thanks, lets find a solution together!

what women don't realize is that you can get a yeast inf outside the vagina but inside the crease of the lips. If you open your lips and look in the creases in the mirror you may see white discharge that's fungus/ yeast. My Gynocologist missed looking there a few times as they kept looking in my vaginal hole. Sorry trying to be as discreet as possible but helpful. They kept looking internally with the spectulum and of course finding nothing. Cause my issue was on the outside. Hope this can help any women in need!!??

I understand you girls and have been going through the same thing for about 7 years.

Since i was 17 ( I am 24 now and a nursing student)  this has been going on. First it was UTIS... up to the point of incontinece and sitting on the toliet for hours in straight pain. I had STD tests done numberous time as well as urinary tests....NOTHING.  Anyways the last specialist i went to see when i was around 18 years old told me i would evenually grow out of it.(aka. im a m***n and dont know whats going on with you).

For about two years it did pass.. no UTIS. All of a sudden within the last 3 years baddddddddddd urinary tract infections. When the doctor tests my urine they do not see any tracts of an infection. A girl at my moms work told me about a herbal remedy called CYSTIC Q  which treats INFLAMMTORY BLADDER DISORDERS!!  

For all you girls out there with UTIS BLADDER INFECTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!<3 !!!!!!!!!!!! CYST Q!!!<3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its an herbal remedy and has to be ordered from the USA. Ive been on it for the last 6 months and im tell you it has been a god sent. You have to take 1 pill a day and you do this for the rest of your life but it is worth every single penney.

Now to the problem lol

For the year and a half ive been getting chronic yeat infections !!! help me help me!! Been to the gyno and i am currently on a cycle of boric acid pills for two weeks that have to be taken vaginal. But nothing helps !!! itching red swollen burning ... cansen, monastat, the oral cansen NOTHING WORKS... even sitting in the tub with water and vinger doesnt help. Thank god i have a understanding boyfriend but it is upset and i wanna cry everyday !!! please help. Anybody been put on longterm medication for yeat infections???????:-(

Also ask your doctor about DIV or Desquamative Inflammatory Vaginitis. it is comprised of burning, itching, painful sex, no relief from conventional treatment and constant discomfort. You need to find a specialist in vaginitis. Treatment is two weeks of vaginal Clindamycin (spell?) and follow up of vaginal estrogen. This condition is exacerbated by dropping estrogen levels in perimenopause/menopause. Good luck everyone.

To all sufferers: Try the following, you don't have anything to lose but gain relief and cure for good. I am not a doctor but I experienced the same symptoms, tried many things, and then I remembered an old remedy we used at home for itchiness and redness when I was a kid. I tried it and it worked as a charm. It is an over-the-counter medication called Benzelkonium Chloride (google it, and see what wikipidia has to say about it). If you cannot find it at a pharmacy, try going to one of those Mexican stores, they usually have a bunch of medicines behind the counter. In Spanish is called Mertiolato (mare-tee-o-lato) or Cloruro de Benzalconio. You may spend around $5.00 for a small bottle and save hundres of dollars from going to the doctors, not to mentioned the embarrasment. Good luck and God bless you!!!

I've been itchy for about a week. No STD. Went to the doctor today and she said it was a yeast infection. I've had yeast infections before but I've never been this itchy (like waking up at 3am, looking online for natural remedies to stop the itch, soaking in a bath of vinegar and salt water and finally going back to sleep at 6am but still itchy, kind of itchy). I took the flucozone (sp) one day pill for the infection and asked for something for the itch. The doctor gave me Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. It's an antifungal and steroid cream. I put it on immediately when I returned to work and just applied again. I'm not itchy and hope to sleep soundly tonight. Hope this helps someone. That itching is horrible!

I have finally gotten relief from extreme itching down there. Please, please try this. The vaginal itching cycle is horrible, the salve and ointments trigger your vagina to secrete fluid which aggravates the problem. Here's what has worked for me, calamine lotion. Make sure the variey you buy has 8% calamine, and 8% zinc oxide. Use a cotton ball to dab it wherever you are itching. It has also worked miracles on my hemmorroids. Also, ladies, insert a tampon moistened with KY jelly to block any secretions into or out of your vaginal tissues at night (the KY jelly keeps the tampon from sticking to the walls of vagina). The lotion cools, quiets the burning,  amd keeps the area dry. It has been a miracle for me.

i have so much inflamation on vagina ,cuts on anus and sides of the urinary part  i examined my urine  ,thats repots r nil it started long one month  its burns so much at the time of intercorse  i cant bear dr  suggested me to use xylocain 2% ointment  but it not works  i am very depressed now i cant bear plz suggest home remedy.

all these symptoms could be from pinworms. when they lay their microscopic eggs at night in a jelly like substance, the immune system reacts with intense burning and itching. pinworms can live in the vagina and migrate back and forth from the rectum.

After seeing this post I searched up Vulvodynia and that's exactly what I have!  God bless this post! <3

God bless this post! <3

thank you girls! i have had the same problem and it is making me feel like the worlds worst wife because i am always broken! 
the pain can be unbearable and it causes me to spend hours sitting on the toilet because i am afraid i will wet my pants or itch in front of someone without realising. 
My mum used to get the same thing and she said it went away after she had kids. so fingers crossed! 

ive had this problem since i was 16, i was in my first serious relationship, when suddenly i became really itchy and sore down there. therefore we would rarely have sex and i felt like a horrible person. i got swabs, smear tests, blood tests etc. i got tested for thrush, a yeast infection, clamydia and many more and the doctors didnt have a clue what was wrong with me. so it ruined the relationship and we broke up eventually, for the past year i avoided relationships and ignored the pain and itchiness. ive had this problem for two years about now. so recently ive gotten into a relationship, but im afraid this problem may ruin things. so i looked up stuff and came across this page and i am really greatful for the information on this page and how much hope it has given me and i no longer feel alone.

Ladies! I soo understand what you are going trough!

I had itch, burning, redness, raw skin all around my vagina for about a year and it has been driving me insane. Every month, after my period i would start getting this horrible burning and itchng.. which ould continue through the month. A year ago i went on a pill (low hormone level one) and got the UTI in the same month, so was prescribed antibiotics. Right after, i got an yeast infection (surprise!). When i went to the doctor, he just assumed it as yeast infection and prescribed diflucan (sp?), which helped for about 2 days but then all the symptoms came back. I  was convinced that i had a recurring yeast infection and i have tried EVERYTHING - herbal douches, stopping the pill, medication, candida diet - nothing helped and nothing made it go away. i spent one miserable year!

And a few days ago i had realized that the cause of my misery is...LAUNDRY DETERGENT and FABRIC SOFTENER....since it has also been about a year that i started using heavy softener and a different detergent. So i bought a natural detergent and ditched the fabric softener and re-washed everything touching my body.

It has been 2 days and everything is about 90% cleared!!! If someone told me a couple of months ago that the source of my problems is...laundry detergent, i think i would have laughed in their face.

Ladies, you have nothing to lose - ditch your fabric softeners and toxic detergents and see if you feel better! I also thew away all those toxic shower gels, shampoos and conditioners - got only natural products - there are so many great choices on the market now!

Hand in there, there is hope! Try it! it may change your life!