Hi. I really need help, im 20 years old. Around my vulva is really itchy, I shaved my pubic hair 2weeks ago. And my vulva is really itchy now. I keep on scratching, and now theres some small scratch and it hurts when i urinate. I already tried some anti-itch cream but it doesnt work for me. I always cry because i cant do my routine because of itchy vulva. Help pls :(

Jeez girl, get your terms right, your VULVA is giving you hell, not your vagina. Eating yogurt can help.

I sympathize with all of you with this horrible condition. Vulvodynia is a chronic neuropathic pain condition -- so best treated by a pain specialist.  I ,however, had a recent acute case of erythema with pruritus and soreness  of the labia minora. topical anti fungal, steroid and antibiotic did not help. It wasn't the worst pain but was really irritating and making me have trouble concentrating or enjoying daily activitie. Then one day I drank a few cups of elderberry juice ( we keep this on hand to stave off colds). Miraculously my problem disappeared a few hours after drinking it. It seems everyone has a different situation, but thought I'd mention this in case it helps someone else.

Please contact a naturoptahic doctor. A lot of times these sympyoms are caused by candida or thrush. It takes over your body and can wreak havoc!! I'm so sorry you're going through this and hang in there! It's obvious your body is responding to something that is off balance in your body and a main way of getting rid of candida is stay away from sugar and breads and the overgrowth will die. I hope you get this figured out!

Follow all this great advice but you must take Probiotics!! Your flora inside your body is out of balance. Buy the very best you can afford. Refrigerated is best. Take a loading dosage of double the recommended amount for 5 days and then take aa recommended. You will get gas! Loads of it but thats how you know its working! Drink tons of water. No sugar and high fiber. Keep taking them!!! Change brands if you think your not using the right kind. Heal completely!

have had the same thing.  First don't take baths. Shower and don't use soap on your vagina. If you have to, use diluted dial soap. A few things could be happening. One: you have an aggressive case of yeast infection or BV (can often be caused by cross contamination during sex i.e. anal fluid getting into the vagina). or Two: Vaginodynia- or chronic pain of the vulva and vagina. Casued by a few things like ruff, aggresive sex, trauma, allergic reaction ect.

If it's the first, try using several home remadies at once if the medications haven't helped. My favs and the ones that helped with the pain were raw garlic cloves rapped in gauze inserted into the vagina. it helps with inflammation and is an antifungal, will break down the yeast build up. change it out a few times a day don't sleep with it inside you. Or just take the garlic supplement daily. Continue at least a week after symptoms have stopped.

For fast acting relief I cleaned my vagina and clitoris with diluted dial soap, pat dry, put a cold compress on it until the buring subsides and then take a tampon put lube on the tip and place one or two drops of 100% tea tree oil on it, inclose in the applicator and incert into your vagina, Lube is used as a barrier between the tampon and the oil. You want the oil to come in contact with your vaginal walls and not soak into the cotton. Use plain organic tampons unsented. Tea tree oil fights fungus and bacteria. It will start to kill off what ever is causing the irratation inside your vagina. On dry clean skin rub a drop or two into your clitoris and vaginal lips, anus if that is bothering you as well. I promise you the pain, burning, and itching will stop in minutes afterwards. You will start to notice the redness subside a bit the longer you use it. Where a panty liner and change regularly to stay dry down there. To much moisture is just as bad as being to dry down there. the oil helps with both. 

No matter what treatment you use cut down on animal fats, processed sugers, trim your vaginal hair to help keep you dry (to much hair traps moisture) take your garlic (inflamation), cinnamon (suger metabolism, yeast is fuled by suger so help your body break it down), and cranberry supplements daily, and drink lots of water and cran juice. (cranberry is going to help with your PH balance. As you pee your urine will aid in soothing the irratation if the PH balance is low i.e. not acidic)

If you have problem #2. find a specialist who deals with Vaginodynia. You know when you have this if you continue to have this pain for months. I got this after a round of aggressive sex with my partner but it went away over time. you will most likely have  to do what I did in this case and do pelvic floor exercises and pain managment, but see a specialist to confirm

I also had the itchy burning - I found changing pad and tampon brands helped - now I use cottons only - had helped a great deal - also after using steriod creams - they help - but worry about the long term the side effects - so am finding a light touch of calamine lotion helps!  Also as advise to those who take antibiotics that also makes a diffference as it encourages thush type of problems - look at eating yoghurt less sugar in diets and look at taking probiotics too - Hope this helps

You are experiencing menopausal vaginal atrophy more than likely. It is very painful and does lead to vaginitis pain and bIadder infections too! I had the same problem and once I got on biodentical hormones it took about 4 to 6 weeks for everything to clear up and quit hurting. But you can also try vaginal estrogen cream that prevents the problems for most women too! Or even the Estradiol patch! What ever works for you. Just wondering if you tried any of these options?

I need help as well. About a month ago I had sex (not for the first time) and I started showing symptoms for a UTI. I have had one before so I knew how to take care of it. The painful urniation and symptoms for a UTI but my clitoris started to become sensitive and it hurt. After a while it went away but about a week and a half after my symptoms were gone it happened again. As you can see where I'm going with this it keeps happening. I have to wait about a whole two weeks before I can have intercourse. I'm just wondering if anyone might know how to fix this? Or if anyone has this same problem.

Can I just say..get some anti it ch cream and rub it in. Seriously it works.

If you were on an antibiotic it can cause a yeast infection. Monistat will help and it's an over the counter med. It's best to talk to a health care professional about your discomfort. You can get some STD's from using someone else's towel. The most common is trichaminosis. It's not serious and very easy to cure. Also wearing spandex is a no no down in the Nether region, it basically is a breeding ground for yeast and bacteria. Always wipe front to back.

I suffered from this condition and I was always misdiagnose it took several years to find some that knew what was wrong. Is called vulvar vestibulitis, there is only one doctor in the state of Washington and I'm glad I found him. Sadly there is no cure but it can be treated. Good luck finding a doctor that's familiar with this disease, is a hard to live with this condition and I don't wish it to anyone.

Did you ever get better?

I sympathize with all of you. I've had severe labial itching now for about 4 months. There are small, superficial cuts (almost ulcer like but not really) that burn like $@*! when I urinate or if I try to put anything with lidocaine on the area. The itching is always worse at night too. I first started taking a probiotic to see if this would help... No luck, and I used a VERY expensive one. I tried boric acid vaginal suppositories but no luck from them either... And when the suppository broke down the discharge from it would get onto the area that itched with the open sores and make it even worse! Finally went to a doctor and she tested me for everything, even the blood test for HSV1 and 2. ALL negative! She put me on a round of valtrex for 10 days just to be sure and it did nothing. Then she prescribed me clotrimazole cream. Also did nothing... Today I went and saw another GYN and she prescribed me Nystatin/ Triamcinalone ointment. Told me to use that 3 times a day, use regular plain A&D ointment throughout the day, and also soak in a baking soda sitz bath several times a day if possible. I'm praying for some relief. This has put a huge damper on my life. Told the GYN I would give my right pinky if I could just stop the itch down there. I'm sure you all can relate. The biggest thing I wanted my GYN to know is that it doesn't itch inside.... This is why she put me on an external ointment. She swabbed me and looked at it under the microscope and saw nothing. Said if this doesn't work then she wants to see me in a week and she may do a biopsy then. I have the new ointment on right now and every so often I will feel a twinge of an itch but then it goes away. Just praying this works... I'll try to keep y'all posted.

It sounds like you may have Vulvar Vestiubulitis, as I do. There is not much that works, as far as treatment. I take Amitryptaline tablets. Also, diaper rash cream helps protect. When you urniate spread your legs all the way apart to make the urine stays away from the labia. I just read something about putting Viatamin E oil on the labia and massaging it in once or twice daily. Ice also helps for the burning sensation. I have stayed away from wearing underwear and tight clothing as it causes friction. Some have found relief others have not. I found relief for a year but it just came back as suddenly as it disappeared.