I experienced the same things and have learned how to control them.

I tried weed 3 times and had panic attacks the entire time during all attempts. I thought I was going to go insane for months. I researched a lot and learned how anxiety and marijuana work and smoked today, I was able to control my panic and did not have an attack.

AS is short for anxiety sensitivity. AS refers to how sensity you are to the symptoms of anxiety. If you are highly sensitive to the symptoms of anxiety you panic. So when something makes you begin to freak out and you let freaking out freaking you out you have a panic attack. Someone with low anxiety sensitivity would recognize the beginnings of panic as anxiety and calm down.So when you first begin to feel strange you need to tell yourself it is only anxiety it is nothing to worry about, and you will begin to calm down.

Does that make any sense?

this SAME EXACT thing has been happening to me!!!! it is actually causing some REALLY hard times between me and my boyfriend (of 9 months). when we smoke, i begin to think of the most crazy scary fearful things of him and i get so paranoid i just want to leave and get as far away as possible. i stop trusting him and i just get downright afraid of him. lately, those feelings have been passing over into my sober mind and i can't seem to get the freaky thoughts out my mind. why is this happening?!!?!?! some one please help. i feel crazy.

hey watsup this was the baddest felling ever i was smoking weed and i was walking with my friends but i started to freak out i kept falling down i couldnt control my body i was so paranoid  i felt like i was going to die like ur were in a dream u caant move i felt like everytime was slowing down i got back up but i kept  falling down my heart was going fast i felt like i was going to stay like this forever  buts thats wat i felt but i think because i havent smoke for a while and i think that sh*t was laced or something let me know if something like that has happen to anyone

Hi, AM GOIN TROUGH THE SAME sh*t

I CANNOT SLEEP AT NIGHT

I FALL ASLEEP FR 2-3 HOURS AND WAKEUP AND NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY I JUST WONT GO BACK TO SLEEP.

SINC IVE SMOKED THAT WEED I JUST NEVERFELT NORMAL AGAIN SOMEON PLEASE TELL ME IF AM GONNA BE OK :(

I am a medical marijuana patient in Colorado.
I have smoked marijuana for over 14 years, and as of 2009 I tested with a general/cognitive/performance scale I.Q. of 151. The reason I am responding to your thread is because you've received a lot of HORRIBLY incorrect and just plain fictitious advice, and if you're going to make a decision, it should be informed.
Firstly, in reponse to the Health-Concerns, out of the 5000 toxic chemicals in cigarette smoke, marijuana contains ZERO.
Marijuana has been found to actually cause cancer cells to go INTO REMISSION. This is science, a study conducted for over a decade by Harvard medical. The harmful chemicals in cigarette smoke are actually radioactive. Not ONE radioactivity has EVER been isolated within ANY strain of marijuana that has no additive chemicals (laced with something).
f**k these people for furthering the Reefer Madness of the 1950's and 60's.
Your paranoia is normal. I recently have discovered that DEPENDING ON THE STRAIN of marijuana, paranoia effects differ and, in some cases don't occur at all.
There are TWO main chemicals in m.j. that attribute to you getting high.
Sativas tend to be higher in CBC's than THC and produce a more cerebral and mentally-energizing high, but they seem to ALSO trigger the worst of the paranoia effects in marijuana.
Indicas tend to slow your body down more, and make you relax, this is due to Indicas propensity to contain more THC and virtually NO THC.
The common misconception by IDIOTS like the ones who talked out of their asses for the majority of what's been said here, is that THC is what gets you high. THC is one of SEVERAL chemicals in marijuana that gets you high.
If you're smoking low quality brick weed, the chances are you don't and never will have the ability to try different types to see what works for you. My GOOD and REALISTIC advice is to quit buying pot from people who don't grow it themselves, and quit buying "mystery bud" period.
It's never smart to buy this kind of thing without 110% surety of what you're getting.
Like I said, I'm a medical marijuana patient with the LEGAL ability to grow my own marijuana and to buy it through licensed retail outlets known as "dispensaries".
I have tried over 140 different strains since Dec 2010, and I've recently been exclusively searching for the anti-paranoia strain.
So far, Kush's and Hazes seem to do the trick.
"Blubonic", "Sour Diesel", "Flo", "Colorado Kush", and "Canteloupe Haze" are the most recent I've found to not trigger paranoia in ME. However, ever persons brain chemistry is different.
I know for a fact that "Shiskaberry", and "Blue Widow" are the most intense paranoia-producing strains in my own chemical makeup.
Seriously, you've gotten mostly sh*t advice till now. Go check out the science, and not investigations done by doctors and government scientists hell bent on carrying on the Reagan administrations falsified "facts".
You should watch a movie called "The Union: the Business Behind Getting High". Joe Rogan is one of the main speakers, but this will give you a precise idea of where to begin your quest for knowledge a'la' cannabis.
You're not going to get much more than one good response to every 5,000 uninformed and negative ones.
Ave,
       Shade

that happened exactly to me and ifeel like im in a dream ! i did on the midnight of July 5th and ever since i havent ben the same and i think im going to die from having increased heart rates. i dont want to go and tell my mom or dad about it cuz they would think less of me, but what can i do ? any advice on how to makeit go away faster  ? what to eat ? etc ? i need help, i promised myself to never do any drugs or drink ever again, and im 14 .

I am 16 years old nd i got a problem guys, i used to smoke like 4 or 5 joints everyday! one day i smoked nd the cab driver came to know dat i am high, he tried to hypnotise me! cz of dat i got such a trip dat i though dat the whole city is trying to hypnotise me! i got screwed up! scince den i have a big problem! wherever i go i think dat cab driver are tring to hypnotise me(when i am high) even when i am not high i think the cab driver's are doing it(but  i dont think its true) so i decided to quit smoking! its been 3 days i havent smoked! i love weed! plz help!:)

Hey bro don't worry. It will go away in like five days. I had it A week ago and it is the worst feeling, and you feel like it won't go away. But it does. I'm 15 too. Just think of something else and whenever it hits just tell yourself that it's just your head. Also, and I'm serious, just tell yourself "grow a pair". That really helps.

Yeah same here if i have weed i feel like im going to have a heart attack even start getting the syptoms but its all in your head its a strange drug 

Hi, my name is Lex. && the same thiing has some what happened too me, but my mom knows i do it, but she hates the fact, & she knows she cant do anything about it. Well anyways, after i got high with some friends, & let me remind you they are the kind of friends that mess around with you when your high, && i was out of this world high. && i thought they did something stupid like put their mom's viberator under me but they really didnt well not that i think, my body was viberating, maybe it was because i was too high, but i dont know. && everyone was sitting around the computer watching stupid videos on youtube, && while they were watching video's i stood up becuase i was sitting on clothes && i started to look through the clothes, my friends were looking at me like as if i was stupid. Ha. && i saw something white it looked as if a viberator. I picked it up && it kinda looked like it, after i saw it, i started to freak out && i called my mom && told her to come get me, while i was crying, && the first thiing that came out of my mom's mouth was, whats wrong, && i said nothing i dont want to talk about it. && she said okay, well than she came && got me, i went home && everyone of my friends texted me asking why i was crying && why was i going home && i said nothiiing, like they already knew. Well, the next day i went back over there && to find out it was a weird looking Wii remote, && i think ever since that day i cant go into a big place without thinking in my head that people are talking shi* about me, && it really sucks.:(

hmm weed is a strange drug

Very strange. This sh*t takes control of your mind but you don´t notice what is happening. While you are tripping more and more you think that you are undestanding things better. Just a lie. An illusion.

Thank you so much for this. I started smoking a few minths back and its been a very personal journey for me. I almost always smoke alone (because all my friends have been there done that and get paranoid etc). I discovered what you have just said basically, and I feel like I learned very early on that my experience smoking weed is a very personal and spiritual one. I had a super bad trip on December 20,2012 and I do not believe this was merely coincidental. I think a lot of internal fears I never knew I had came to the surface. I also learned from that experience to be more careful who I buy my weed from. Why strain of weed Im smoking and now I understand also that my environment plays a role. I appreciate what you have said because I have felt the exact same things and I do believe weed is a sacred gift that is to be treated with loving respect. I was using weed to aid in my meditations and I had such experiences. But then I started to become fearful because I can now hear the spirits in my house even walking around and It feels like the weed just makes me too sensitive to that. Do you have any suggestions for how I can interact with the spirits in my house so thta I no longer feel afraid?