An odd thing happened the other night when I was out with my cousin. I'm trying to find what happened.

I ate antijitos (basically a sliced cream cheese wrap w jalopeno peppers) and an Aloha (a fancy drink w Bacardi rum, pinapple and oj). I regularly eat food like this, but the restaurant was different.

During the movie, had half a medium sized bag of popcorn and a medium coke. About an hour in I went to the washroom, but when I came back I couldn't feel my right hand it was completely numb. Then about 5 minutes later it continued up my arm and eventually I started to really freak out and we left the movie. I then felt the aura of a migraine and my head started to spin. I practically dived for the door and told my cousin I'd text her in the morning...then she dropped me off home when I felt faint again. I took a cool bath and that seemed to help a bit and just went to bed and turned all the lights off.

Anyone have any idea what the heck happened to me? I really don't want it to happen again.

Note that I'm 21 and I drink either vodka or rum drinks about once a week.

The numbness people are experiencing is possibly an allergic reaction to the sulfites in alcohol. Try taking benadryl.

im 15/16 and after a few drink's i start feeling numb on the hands im thinking its a lack of blood to my mussles as i am low blood pressured already but if there is anything other than that id be glad to hear some info

When you drink too much alcohol, it affects your liver, and being that your liver it what cleans your blood and pumps it out to all your limbs it is important to take care of your liver. One way is to take Milk Thystle daily, a vitamin supplement, it supoports a healthy liver function. When you are going to drink you should also take a couple Vitamin B beforehand and a few Vitamin C before you go to bed. This is what helps me from my own experience. I'm a weekend drinker who was waking up with numbness in the hands and feet.

alchol is a diuretic, which means it causes you to go to the bathroom more, which speeds up the excret of potassium which is viable to the body! excessive loss of potassium will cause you body to tingle and have youyr hands and feet cramp up! you need to rehydrate your body and replenish the potassium

Askara; let me know next time you drink. I'll hang out with you to see how much you drink and actually spend the night to see how you are in the morning and then I can determined your issue(s).

Dr. L.

Hey there,

I have a very similar reaction, too! I'm female, 25 y/o, 5'2, 110 lbs, generally healthy, and if I get "merry" the night before I usually experience tingling in my face and neck over the next day. It tends to get worse when I get excited/start laughing. I have no idea why this happens, and like you I've always forgotten to ask a doctor (I really need to make a list of all my little strange health issues so I can remember for next time). It doesn't seem to be serious, but it's quite strange and I do worry sometimes..

You're not alone! :-)

It seems whenever i blackout i wake up with a numb tongue! It is really annoying and lasts as you said about 30+ hours. I am a heavy drinker anyways-but it seems to only happen when i drink hard alcohol....

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 24 year old female with lower than normal body temperature and Blood pressure. I am a healthy weight and workout often. I am not a heavy drinker as many of you have stated. I drink about 1-2 times a week and never more than 3 drinks. Just one glass of wine with dinner and I will wake up the next morning with my right arm numb. I have to vigoriously shake it to get the blood flowing again. This has been going on for a couple of months now and it's really starting to scare me. Am I causing nerve damage? Or is my potassium just low? Do I need to give up alcohol all together? Can I not toast my best friend at her wedding next year? Can I not drink a Pina Colada in Hawaii next month? Can I not have a glass of wine with dinner for as long as I live? If anyone has an other ideas as to what is causing this, I would love to hear them and if anyone finds any articles regarding the lack of potassium causing tingling or allergies to alcohol causing numbness and tingling, can you please include the links in your posts? Thank you

Stop worrying about this. It happened to me when I started drinking some years ago (like 10 years ago). You will always feel some kind of numbness especially in the face and hands after drinking alcohol. If you keep drinking often it will decrease until you don’t notice it anymore, you need to develop condition, some resistance to alcohol, after all it is poisoning your body.
It is something normal when you are drinking alcohol. It is your body dealing with it. It’s called been drunk, and after that it is called hang over. Just drink a lot of water, you are dehydrated and your blood pressure is increased.
I think this is one of the main reasons why it is not a very god idea to drink and drive. You are not completely aware of what is going on with your body.
But always!!!!!!!!!! The drunker you get, the more like this you are going to feel, just know your limit.

had a 151 and coke at home, everything was okay. a quarter way into my second one and i felt tightness in my chest. it persisted so i went to the bathroom to hopefully ralph the contents of my stomach. when i got to the bathroom, though, i became very light headed and my sense of touch was off. i was able to take a few steps back to the other room to let my gf know how i was feeling. she told me to sit down. i tried to take another step into the room to do that when i collapsed.

from my point of view, my senses were overloaded and my brain couldn't handle the information coming in. it was hard to focus on anything and when i did black out it was like pulling the plug on an old tv (where the video reduces to a horizontal line that eventually diminishes to a dot in the center). my gf says that my eyes rapidly shifted left and right just before i fell. perhaps a seizure?

this is the third time i've actually blacked out like this. the first couple of times i had consumed quite a bit of 151 so it seemed within the realm of possibilities that i had just consumed too much. this last time, though, was after a very small amount. i had twice as much to drink a couple weeks earlier and only had to deal with typical hangover issues. very weird.

IM NEW TO THIS

WHEN I GO OUT DRINKING I USUALLY DRINK SMIRN OFF ICE, OR VODKA AND RED BULL, AFTER DRINKING EITHER IN THE NIGHT OR MORNING I WAKE UP WITH RED BLOTCHES OVER MY WHOLE FACE AND RED EYES! SOMETIMES IT IS WHEN IM SICK SOMETIMES ITS NOT. SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS WHEN I HARDLY DRINK ANYTHING, IS THERE SOMETHING THAT IS IN THE VODKA DOING THIS? HELP ME PLZ !

Simples...................alcohol drinking in excess causes PERMANENT nerve damage..............stop drinking or the numbness will get worse as you get older. It will spread to other areas as it progresses. Alcohol is not good for you....it can contribute to the onset of many cancers (mouth, stomach; anus), it causes amnesia; mood swings; character changes.....shortens your life expectancy & makes you overweight. You must all be strong and quit.......if you want to live a long and healthy life.

i do not think everyone should quit drinking, but maybe everyone on here above the age of twenty five should reevaluate their alcohol decisions......if u are that old and still drinking heavily then yes the last c@omment does apply nto u and u will have serious health problems due to alcohol. for the little girl drinking vodkas and redbulls.....well honey its not the vodka its the redbull.....alcohol is a downer and redbull is obviously an upper.....and your body really does not like it when u mix them....so unless u want to have a heart attack before twenty one then listen to your body. also the comment on potassium loss was very helpfull.