Removing the boils will not help.It is a condition related to mostly women,overweight,who smoke.There is no cure and it does have a relationship to the hormones during your period.I am 22 and have had them for many years .One to three boils is a great day for me because I get many of them and ruined many pants and sheets as they pop.When thet are painful and just about to pop like the skin is thin on the tip you can lance it yourself with a needle or something sharp and sterile.I am not a medical professional so these are just things I have found to work.Also if they just wont pop get the large fabric bandages to put on then for a few days without pulling it off if you can and it will pop under the bandage then you remove it.This helps even if it just plain hurts to cousin it as you walk or anything.A old fashioned Black boil salve can help and also Resinol a medicated over the counter ointment helps.Also Resinol is great for heat rash, sunburn,insect bits, pimples, or anything else.Resinol is a topical analgesic /skin protectant with some simple stuff in it too but it does help!
http://www.hs-usa.org/default.htm if you match the symptons this is what you might just have. ps. and it sucks too!

Wow !!! These are caused by a build up of toxins that are going around and around in your blood sream. Hence why doctor said drink more water.
The fasted way to remove them is to get ride of the toxins in your blood.
It is really simple. There is a natural supplement put out by NATURE SUNSHINE called BPX (Blood purifier xtra). You should be able to buy it in most countries. The company has been around for 60 odd years or so. You could google it and by on line or check your local health shops. IT REALLY WORKS!!!! I work in a pharmacy in New Zealand and I have worked with natural health products for 25 years. I recommend this to customers for boils, pimples, pustules and slow healing weapy sores.
Its great and works really quickly. Your diet has alot to do with the build up of toxic waste in your blood. You could also do a detox once a year to prevent more out breaks. Good Luck.

well its not just a woman thing i am a man and i have a painfull one that had to be lanced last time about 1 year ago but now its coming back. its the size of a pea now and i hope it dont get bigger. i think its an autoimune thing. my mother and me have weak imune system problms. do anybody else get infections allot or just bad infections when they do have one? thanks you. that might help shed some light on it if so. mine is popping up as i have a bad ear infection and i am taking antibiotics.

I can't believe so many people are affected by this and doctor's are blowing it off like it's nothing! I am 22 and have been getting these things since 9th grade! I went to two different doctors then with my mom and they just said oh it's just a hair bump. As I got older, I did research and realized it was more than just a hair bump. I went to a skin doctor earlier this year and she said boils are genetic. I'm not obese, a smoker, or diabetic. I've gotten them lanced before and they still come back and are so painful. It isn't herpes or any other STD b/c they've tested a sample and my husband and I always have unprotected sex and he's never gotten a breakout. It affects my sex life and they look horrible. They always occur on my inner thigh or upper part of vagina. They normally always come a week before my period. This sucks! :-(

Finding these postings just totally gave me back a feeling of "at ease". I too have had the same problem with the bump (boil)in the groin area (pubic). I had gotten bit by a brown recluse back in 2001. and every year since then for some wierd reason i get a boil in the same spot almost as where the bite was. it comes up tender and red, then slowely a head comes up and sometimes it will drain and sometimes it will go back down and come back up in a year. i will say its usually before my period too. but really wierd that its in the same spot.
Anyways thanks to all who have helped me with this one by posting about it cause a doctor too just sent me on my way because they would go away but never let me know exactly the issue I was having.
Thanks All!

For almost ten years I have bore this same problem. I get boils in the area of my vagina never in just around or nearby, my inner thigh and armpits. some times they would leave scaring but more often than not they tend to just pop and drain and if not they will go down. A few times when its become utterly painful I have visited my doctor about it but she has never seem ultra concerned about it. later i started tracking trends of my health and I noticed that whenever I was stressed or near my perior they would flare up they would also flare up when ever i begin to sweat alot. I have always had really sensitive skin and wacky hormones, finally found out its not something i am doing by not showering enough or anything else. its an actual skin disorder that effect females more than men.
i was happy to find that out and i keep that in mind even when the damn boil is killing me
*ps I also found while I was taking birth control i didnt get them as often

I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one who has them on their butt and thighs! I hate it so freaking much, 'cause sometimes they leave scars. It's like the first time I have to take my clothes off in front of someone, I want to explain myself. It's nothing horrible, I'm a very clean person and I pride myself in this, yet I get this horrible, painful broils almost everymonth around my period. Especially when I'm stressed! I never had one single one until I started my period my 7th grade year. Since then, it's like everything I can do to get rid of them. My mother also suffers from them, except she never got them on her thighs. I started to believe it was genetic, but she has 7 kids(6 of them being girls) and I'm the only one that suffers. I'm just glad to know that what I'm going threw may not be normal, but there's other people out there that has this same issue, and I'm definitely not alone.

Thank you all who answered and weren't ashamed. If it weren't for y'all, I wouldn't have found this post when I looked it up on Google.

I am so relieved, as one person wrote, that other women out there are experiencing the same thing!! Mine started about 2 years ago after my grandmother passed away. I don't get them before EVERY period, but usually get them when I haven't been eating right, drinking enough water, or am under stress.

Mine come near the vagina as well. They are about pea sized or smaller and start as a red bump. I can feel them immediately when I wake up. Usually it pops within 24-48 hours, but dissipate after my period starts. They hurt and are annoying, and it's nice to find comfort and support here!

Thank you all for speaking up, this makes me feel so much better.

I have had the same problem for years, my doctor said it was infected hair folicles caused by wearing jeans. I have a theory that during our menstrual cycle the bodies immune system is weaker, I notice also before my period my urine is more pungent inspite drinking more water., so i feel body acidity may be a key.

Folicle issue and acidity are the cause I think.. that's what my doc said.

1 or 2 days before the boil comes up you can feel the pain, immediately start using germicidal wipes to clean up groin area and pubic hair area. it should help. For me, If I shave or cut my pubic hair I immediately get the boils.

Happy to know this is a common problem

I have the same problem. I get them on my lower, inner Labia, and it burns to try and pee. I have to actually hold a towel against it, so I can go to the bathroom. I hate when it runs over the boil, it burns to smithereens. I wish MINE were UP Further! UGH. I have one now, and I'm trying to get rid of it. Good luck to everyone.

Have you gotten any medical help for thsi? It doesn't sound typical and I'm sure there's something they could do! Can you give me some insight? Thanks!

Yes. I was able to close it with the cream that I use for my groin. Silver Sulfadiazine cream. Great stuff, wouldn't be able to close any wounds without it. I also get them constantly in my left and right groins. It's called Hidradenitis Supperativa, big word for "Wounds that never heal". I've had them for 5 years now. Surgery is only a temporary fix, and I've had it twice now. 4 months later, the closed wound opens back up again. It's an annoying condition.

Okay, I was not aware of that condition. What else do you have at hand as an option so that you can keep treating those wounds and sores? I'd like to hear whatever else I can about this!

Nothing. There are no other options...some people get wide excision surgery on their groin/labia but alot of them have regretted doing so. My surgeon told me mine weren't 3/4's as bad as what he has seen in the past. He also mentioned plastic surgery, but said that it doesn't work for everyone, and is a big decision to make. I personally Like the Silver Cream 100% better. If I can get it to close for 4 months at a time, it's a miracle, and I'll take what I can get.